• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if.....?

Should Dante have killed Vergil?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osaka

trollololol
As the title implies this is one of those "but what if....?" questions. So please don't don't take it too serious... We all know how the plot lines go but still I get my curiosity piqued.

Anyways, I'd been listening to the music played when Dante and Vergil fight for the last time (still think it's an epic piece of music) and it got me thinking about the way they parted. My question is: Should Dante have killed Vergil?

Dante knowing full well by then (or at least he should have; don't really want to think he was being that naive or a bit dumb ) that Vergil was on a one way path to his own destruction were nothing could or would change Vergil's mind, and Vergil, knowingly that he'd carry on into hell at the time of his defeat. Ok, so Dante goes to reach for him twice but shouldn't he have "saved" his brother from further suffering? Instead of slashing him and doing injury (you know the bit; the slow-mo running part) actually dealing the killing blow. Can't call it a mercy killing sooo I'm not sure what to call it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I honestly think Dante should've killed Vergil. That way, he wouldn't have had to fight Nelo in the future.

Osaka

trollololol
I think Dante added, unintentionally, more shame and suffering upon Vergil than he thought he would ( letting him go to eventually be killed and used as Nelo at the hands of Mundus would, I'd have thought, been the most shamefull to Vergil. ) So I'm going to say that he should have killed him.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
if Dante had killed Vergil...then he prolly wouldn't have been so po'd by the end of DMC, really i don't think that Trish's betrayal or Mundus killing of his servant would've pushed Dante far enough...

Osaka

trollololol
D.E.Mortal;293732 said:
if Dante had killed Vergil...then he prolly wouldn't have been so po'd by the end of DMC, really i don't think that Trish's betrayal or Mundus killing of his servant would've pushed Dante far enough...

I wasn't getting at what Dante feels in DMC. As I said I was thinking death at the hands of Dante would have seemed better than death and degradation at the hands of Mundus, becoming his puppet and eventually becoming a scabby arm of a cocky kid.
How did Mundus kill Vergil anyway? And where is Vergil's body?
I'm starting to think to much into this. :p

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
It's hard to see that decision as anything other than a plot boundary. I believe he would have killed him if it wouldn't have created a time paradox...or what should have been a time paradox but as we now know Vergil supposedly died not long after anyway.
So I guess even if Dante had killed Vergil the story might have gone in the same direction.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Osaka;293750 said:
I wasn't getting at what Dante feels in DMC. As I said I was thinking death at the hands of Dante would have seemed better than death and degradation at the hands of Mundus, becoming his puppet and eventually becoming a scabby arm of a cocky kid.

he killed Vergil? i thought he just beat the holy hell outta him an' made'im his bit- servant!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, Mundus killed Vergil and implanted his soul into Nelo's armor. Rumor has it that the armor is actually empty and what you see when Nelo takes his helmet off is a ghostly manifestation.

BTW, anyone else get a Wesker impression when Nelo takes off his helmet? >.>

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
Well, Vergil is known to be ambitious for power and I guess its not for a good cause but if killing Vergil is to provoke a battle with Nelo then its not a good idea.

Osaka

trollololol
Storm Silves;293799 said:
No, not at the time when I first saw it but watching the clip now... just a little bit.:lol::p

Edit: 5-3 Interesting.... *strokes chin*

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Storm Silves;293799 said:
No, Mundus killed Vergil and implanted his soul into Nelo's armor. Rumor has it that the armor is actually empty and what you see when Nelo takes his helmet off is a ghostly manifestation.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! :lol:
methinks im goin insane from sooo many Wesker look-alikes...what's next...Duke? :dry:

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Osaka;293750 said:

:lol: + rep

kidder952

Under Dante's Wing
I think Dante should have tried to save him. Dante isn't really the kind of person to go around and kill people when they are on the wrong path of life. I believe that Dante would have continue trying to save Vergil even if it meant his life.

AhrXSnow

I'm guessing there were two reasons why Dante didn't kill Vergil one being that they both have demon blood in them so it's gonna take more than a cut the size of a burrito to kill Virgil.,and the last being that they both have a love-hate relationship so I guess from that point where V. falls in the frickin abyss of the demon world, Dante was thinking it was for the best..

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
It kind of defeats the purpose of this poll but I am half and half on this one. If Dante killed Vergil, not only would DMC kind of ended right there, but I believe Dante would've turned out to be a different character if he did that. Sure Mundus wouldn't have gotten to his brother, but Dante would've had to live with the fact that he killed his one and only blood relative.

I agree with AhrXSnow, I do see a love-hate relationship between the two, and I also believe that being twins they also have a strange bond that connects them. Dispite their differences...they have a twisted brotherly love. It showed at the end, Dante tried saving Vergil and Vergil also relinquished the fact that Dante was the strongest in the end. (He's not the one to do that either!) I'm sure ever since that event, Dante opted for more revenge against the Demons because they finally claimed the last of his family...not only that, but the hope that he may be able to save him eventually from his path of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom