• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What if the Savior absorbed Dante?

Evil Nero

I know that in a million years, this would never have happened at all!

But do you think Nero could have done everything Dante did?
From killing the bosses finally,
Going to Fortuna again,
Battling the Savior,
and waking up Dante?

Bear in mind that we all underestimate Nero's abilities, I mean, he blocked Berial's sword lunge by using the tip of his sword using his human hand not the Devil Bringer.

Discuss!

Keaton

Premium
If the Savior did absorb Dante he would've been damn near all powerful.

Remember Dante regained Yamato, destroyed the remaining large foes, destroyed the Saviors exterior damagable areas and then forced Yamato into the heart of the Savior to free Nero...I doubt it would've worked if it had been Nero doing all the foot work.

TBH, if Dante was absorbed he would've freed himself from the Heart long before Nero finished off Echidna ^__o

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Very interesting thread! Very thought provoking. :p

I would have loved for Devil May Cry 4 to have had an alternate story which triggered whenever you played on Dante Must Die difficulty. The idea of Dante...

being the one absorbed by The Saviour instead of Nero...

...would have made for some interesting changes. Even if The Saviour would have been all-powerful I still would have liked a chance to battle him... and get owned. ^_^

Zato-OW

King
Well Nero did lose to Sanctus/Savior 1. But he would brush through everything else thought except the Savior and probably Sanctus. Nero isn't strong enough to take on Savior but it would be something nice to see.

Evil Nero

Nero killed Sanctus when he had the Sparda sword don't forget, and don't forget that Nero also crushed the face of the Savior.

What about now?

Zato-OW

King
Yeah but Sanctus defeated Nero in their first go around, and when he did crush the Saviors face it was after the fact he accepted his powers to be of good instead of it being a curse, he looked at it in a way he could save lives(You know God I always hated when you made my arm like this, But now with it I can destroy this thing,Who would've thought.) Also the fact that Dante destroyed all of its weak points and it was brought down(But it still was strong enough to take on Dante).Btw Sanctus barely changed with the Sparda sword, That is why Sanctus cried about the Sparda sword not giving him power.

With out Dante, Nero would not have survived. See the way things are put together it all happens for a reason. Also the fact Nero couldn't have done all of this, is because he most likely would not have the Yamato and Kyrie would be his main objective. And if Sanctus has Kyrie then Credo would've been on Nero's side, Nero would've had to go against hordes and hordes of Alto's and Bianco's plus the savior which he would've failed bad even with the Yamato.Btw Nero can't even come close to beating Dante and Dante got captured then yeah...

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;120265 said:
Yeah but Sanctus defeated Nero in their first go around, and when he did crush the Saviors face it was after the fact he accepted his powers to be of good instead of it being a curse, he looked at it in a way he could save lives(You know God I always hated when you made my arm like this, But now with it I can destroy this thing,Who would've thought.) Also the fact that Dante destroyed all of its weak points and it was brought down(But it still was strong enough to take on Dante).Btw Sanctus barely changed with the Sparda sword, That is why Sanctus cried about the Sparda sword not giving him power.

With out Dante, Nero would not have survived. See the way things are put together it all happens for a reason. Also the fact Nero couldn't have done all of this, is because he most likely would not have the Yamato and Kyrie would be his main objective. And if Sanctus has Kyrie then Credo would've been on Nero's side, Nero would've had to go against hordes and hordes of Alto's and Bianco's plus the savior which he would've failed bad even with the Yamato.Btw Nero can't even come close to beating Dante and Dante got captured then yeah...

^Not true you just hate him.

I think he could have found the strength to beat sanctus.^_^

Koemi

half-breed
For Dante to be captured, he's gotta be either unconscious/immoblized at the time of capture; so unless he have a way to wake himself up, he's gonna be part of the savior pretty soon... OR! Nero can do the exact same thing Dante did to him: beat the bosses again, break the hell gates, get back yamato, and while confronting the ultimate savior, send in the yamato with a charge3 shot and yell "Hey pal, you're missing out all the fun! *silent* Dante!" =]=]=]

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Black Angel;120272 said:
^Not true you just hate him.

I think he could have found the strength to beat sanctus.^_^

Not trying to provoke an argument, but you totaly just dismissed the explanation and theory of his choice because he dislikes Nero, dispite his good points. While you say Nero could beat Sanctus without giving any explanation at all. Come on now. You could at least explain why or how you think Nero would have pulled through.

Zato-OW

King
I do like Nero its just that if Dante was captured and Nero can't come close to beating Dante then how can Nero defeat the Savior when he can't even take on Dante. Dante played through his whole fight with the savior while fighting a horde of Angelo's. Also Nero was defeated by the Savior at a very weak stage and captured then lost his energy. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together here.

Sparda™

Good points, Zato.

None is standing up points because someone here hates Nero. Those are facts which with a little logic input, everyone can come up with.

Facts > Opinion

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Nero easily could have destroyed the saivior's weak spots (those blue things) with his charge shot. And then all he needs to do is kill Sanctus, and that was an easy boss fight.

Nero could do it all.

Zato-OW

King
Yeah but he lost his first go around with Sanctus(1st stage) and the Savior(1st stage).Dante had to fight a fully power savior(well at its stage) and hordes of Angelo's and took him down. Nero struggles with just a single horde of Angelo's(yes if you look back its true). Hes good but not good enough. I don't even believe DMC3 Dante couldve done what DMC4 Dante did in this game when going against the Savior(well then again maybe he can).

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;121259 said:
Yeah but he lost his first go around with Sanctus(1st stage) and the Savior(1st stage).Dante had to fight a fully power savior(well at its stage) and hordes of Angelo's and took him down. Nero struggles with just a single horde of Angelo's(yes if you look back its true). Hes good but not good enough. I don't even believe DMC3 Dante couldve done what DMC4 Dante did in this game when going against the Savior(well then again maybe he can).

He lost the first fight, so he goes into the second one better prepared.

There is not ONE thing gameplay-wise that Nero couldn't do win that boss fight.

You know the attacks the savior has when he meeles you (playing as dante)? I bet that Nero would get a cool Devil BBringer counter for more damege.

Zato-OW

King
Uh ok? I thought we was talking story wise. But of course he can defeat anything game play wise. He can go into DMC1 and defeat everything game play wise. We are talking about the story in which he will be defeated by the Savior remember 2+2=4.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Zato-OW;121569 said:
Uh ok? I thought we was talking story wise. But of course he can defeat anything game play wise. He can go into DMC1 and defeat everything game play wise. We are talking about the story in which he will be defeated by the Savior remember 2+2=4.

Even story wise, Nero would attack the savior better prepared than the first time and he would win.

Top Bottom