• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What i would want from DMC 5's story

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
so hypothetical speaking if they decide to go back to the original story
this is what i would want from the 5th game's story

Vergil and Sparda are dead yes
but where does a demon go when it dies
to hell

Vergil goes to hell and is locked up but he keeps causing trouble so they throw him deeper and deeper in to hell until eventually they put him on the same level as Sparda

Sparda doesn't want to see his son in hell so together they fight there way out
and by the end Vergil will try to convince Sparda to come back to the human world

Sparda will see all the things that Dante Nero and all the others are dealing with and say that he will help for the time being but hell is where he belongs

i don't know what Dante and Nero would be doing but i just wanted to think of a way to play as the real Sparda and Vergil

what do you guys think

colliderz

Just bring back Vergil put Nero as a background character and make Dante the star and have a good vilian

AngelEyes

Dressed To Kill
Some emotional depth would be just swell. Nothing too heavy, just a nice bit of family feuding and a hint of conflicted loyalty ala DMC3. I'd rather not have more Versus-esque gun play but some creepy castles are a must.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i think it would be awesome to see Dante have accesses to all his old weapons

its said in the books that Dante sales his weapons to pay for his shop

lady said that the order of the sword was gathering devil arms
so what if the order of the sword actually ended up with all of Dante's old weapons

and after the events of DMC 4 Nero is now in Charge of the order or at least has allot of rank
so Dante swings by for what ever reason and just goes

"what the hell this is all my stuff"

then bam that's how they can let us pick from all the old weapons

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Nope.

I'm so sick of everything revolving around Sparda and his family tree. Vergil is gone and never coming back. He should be anyway, he never should have existed in DMC 3 anyway.

Sparda isn't a character here, he's a plot device. It's ALWAYS like that. It just goes to show how terrible these writers always were when they always had to pull the Sparda card to attempt to explain anything because it was a cheap a$$ way to have everyone link together somehow from the get go. "Destiny" is just writing shorthand for laziness. That's why Nero isn't his own character. He's just a senseless wandering plothole a part of the only thing DMC has ever used, Sparda's bloodline.

I honestly don't think many people could actually fix DMC's plot because it's gone too far. It's a mess.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I honestly don't think many people could actually fix DMC's plot because it's gone too far. It's a mess.
And cue the zombies ready to swarm and purge anyone willing to point out any flaws in the old series.

Hahaha... while you may be right, I had a blast with DMC3 (but if they're gonna bring back Vergil, it should have been a total reboot instead of reboot/retcon/uh-oh spaghettios).

Eh, what're ya gonna do?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
And cue the zombies ready to swarm and purge anyone willing to point out any flaws in the old series.

Hahaha... while you may be right, I had a blast with DMC3 (but if they're gonna bring back Vergil, it should have been a total reboot instead of reboot/retcon/uh-oh spaghettios).

Eh, what're ya gonna do?
Well, yea it's a fun game but it totally retcons DMC 1 and Vergil is just lame.

Eh but right, what are ya gonna do? I mean, I'll probably get swarmed by people who think I hate the original series with "examples" about how much DmC's story effed up all while turning around acting like DMC's story doesn't matter because it was "never about that." So, that automatically means DMC is flawless somehow.

"Talk in circles, run in place. Answers inches from our face"

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Well, yea it's a fun game but it totally retcons DMC 1 and Vergil is just lame.

Eh but right, what are ya gonna do? I mean, I'll probably get swarmed by people who think I hate the original series with "examples" about how much DmC's story effed up all while turning around acting like DMC's story doesn't matter because it was "never about that." So, that automatically means DMC is flawless somehow.

"Talk in circles, run in place. Answers inches from our face"
i see were your coming from and i agree the story's isn't flawless but personally those flaws don't bother me

i just want to see what Sparda was actually like but if you'd rather not its cool

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
i see were your coming from and i agree the story's isn't flawless but personally those flaws don't bother me

i just want to see what Sparda was actually like but if you'd rather not its cool
Well, I just like having fun with hack n slashy Devil May Cry stuff so yea, it doesn't bug me all that much either I just of course will point it out when relevant. I just always think that if you like something, don't make excuses and justify the bad. Call it out so it can only get better.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If those DMC's flaws don't bother you... then it should stand to reason that DmC's flaws shouldn't bother you all that much, either.

Because DMC's flaws are well... just as noticeable as DmC's, if not more more so.

Also, I'm out of here because I don't want this to turn into a flame war.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
If those DMC's flaws don't bother you... then it should stand to reason that DmC's flaws shouldn't bother you all that much, either.

Because DMC's flaws are well... just as noticeable as DmC's, if not more more so.

Also, I'm out of here because I don't want this to turn into a flame war.
i don't want a flame war as well
but all i will say is i would like DmC if it was not called DmC

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I can't accept that.

I'm sorry.
OK fine i will rant once and only once

i love just about everything about the Original series they are without a doubt my favorite games of all time
i love the characters
i love the music
i love the story cheesy writing and all
i love the hard but fair gameplay
(yes dmc 2 is mediorcer but you can see how they took elements from it and perfected them in 3)
for me the original DMC's just click with who i am and what i like

then DmC comes out and takes everything i loved throws it out the window and what it gives me is a story that is telling me why corporate America is evil
its stupid **** that has been said thousands of times
the game play is inferior the bosses are lackluster and the writing has huge problems
the only good boss to me is Vergil but its only good because its a copy of Vergil from DmC 3
DmC takes away everything but improves nothing
it has almost nothing to do with the old games what so ever
yet it still keep the name for no good reason

i don't blame NT they just did there jobs
and i don't blame Capcom for ordering a reboot
its ture that the old story is a mess

i really don't like to rant like this because i know there are people who really love the reboot and i'm not mad at them
its not a bad game i think its a 7.5 out of 10 but it has so many little problems that i cant stand

it's not what i wanted from my favorite game series of all time

but in the end if they do make a DmC 2 i will buy it
i will give it a far shot

i'm really sorry but this is how i feel
i hate complaining it only makes people mad

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think at this point Vergil coming back is about as likely as Wesker coming back.

...but I'd love it if he DID come back somehow. He could always take over Nero's body or some stupid crap like that. XD

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Trying to bring Vergil back is sort of conceding that they're running out of ideas in making new memorable characters. Vergil has now died twice, and is possibly living on somehow within Nero or something. They need to just let Vergil rest, actually bother building up Nero, and maybe flesh out Sparda so he's more than a plot device.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Trying to bring Vergil back is sort of conceding that they're running out of ideas in making new memorable characters. Vergil has now died twice, and is possibly living on somehow within Nero or something. They need to just let Vergil rest, actually bother building up Nero, and maybe flesh out Sparda so he's more than a plot device.
i agree but if they did bring back Vergil i would not complain
maybe they could just show more of what Vergil did in his past rather then bring him back

also since the day i saw the prologue of DMC 1 i have wanted to play as Sparda

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I wonder about Sparda, because he has the same arsenal as Dante, and who knows, his personality could be quite different than what people would want. Lord knows we don't need another pseudo-Dante.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
I wonder about Sparda, because he has the same arsenal as Dante, and who knows, his personality could be quite different than what people would want. Lord knows we don't need another pseudo-Dante.

the way i imagine Sparda is he's very respectful to humans and is unbothered by those who insult him
but if a deamon trys to kill anyone he is ruthless

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Why would we bring Sparda back? Him and his sword is a plot device, influencing the events of all Devl May Cry games like @Chancey289 said. The guy's dead for good and 2000 years old. And Vergil? Yeah, he's dead twice.
Although I'd be happy if his spirit was there briefly for one cutscene. But no Sparda.

EDIT: Develop Nero more. We've only had him for one game and I swear half his lines were "Kyrie! Kyrie!"

Top Bottom