• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What I really want in the Definitive Edition: Photo Mode.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
So I've been thinking about this a lot lately and while I think it is not essential for the game (since it's more about gameplay), I've been thinking that it would be a massive shame if the game didn't ever get a photo mode.

tumblr_njnrdfDIPF1qlvbp1o1_1280.jpg

(This is my own crappy attempt at using the unfair advantage mod on PC. I imagine that photo mode could give the player more freedom, like being able to zoom in more.)

If there's one way players can notice and appreciate the amount of work that has gone in the small details of the game, like the faces Dante pulls while shooting a charged shot of his shotgun, it's photo mode. They've been talking about incorporating popular community mods, well, the unfair advantage mod (that allows players to slow down time, pause time and zoom in/out) is also quite popular.

I've been tweeting Ninja Theory and Capcom about it - while making sure I'm not harassing them lol - but I know I'm not the only one who wants this and I've been thinking if more of us have twitter, they could all pitch in as well from time to time.

Aside from that, if they could put something in the options menu where players can manually turn off the hud, or only turn off the things that they don't want, that would be fantastic. Again, that's something that has been modded as well. I've been playing DmC on PC for months without any sort of hud. But if they could put that on the console version, I'd probably turn everything off except for the style meter.

Anyway. Just wanted to spread the word. Honestly, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want photo mode. :D

Trailing off a little, but imagine if you could put in manual controls to easily slow down the game? I think players who create combo videos could create insanely creative videos with that feature. They start off with 20% speed but the second they pull of a beautiful move they press a single button and time slows down. Then the move is finished and another press of the button puts it back on the 20% increased speed.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
not very fond of the zoom idea, since it's not looking very good zoomed in.. but no hud plus hmmm.. rotating camera when photo mode is on will definitely be a great idea.. i've taken tons and tons of screens from DmC, it's the best looking game for capturing those awesome moments thx for the animation, effects and the facial expressions

Judge

Not sure about turning off the HUD. I think the health bar and the DT bar take up too much space on the left. Maybe making that smaller and making it a circular health bar so it takes up less space.

There are a few things I would've liked, but you can't have everything you want, so I'm just happy we're getting what we're getting.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Not sure about turning off the HUD. I think the health bar and the DT bar take up too much space on the left. Maybe making that smaller and making it a circular health bar so it takes up less space.

There are a few things I would've liked, but you can't have everything you want, so I'm just happy we're getting what we're getting.

I don't know man, I've been pretty happy with playing with no hud at all. It's going to take some getting used to playing on console again. Gameplay and performance wise, the PS4 will definitely be better than me playing on my laptop, but still.

not very fond of the zoom idea, since it's not looking very good zoomed in.. but no hud plus hmmm.. rotating camera when photo mode is on will definitely be a great idea.. i've taken tons and tons of screens from DmC, it's the best looking game for capturing those awesome moments thx for the animation, effects and the facial expressions

It's a manual zoom, friend. What I meant is that people can use photo mode and then zoom in WHILE in photo mode, much like that feature is supposed to work lol.

Sunaka Marién

Turning the HUD on and off would be great, I agree on that, not so sure about the slow-mo stuff, I mean people who do combo vids have to edit them most of the time anyway, so that's something they could just do with their video editing software - but Photomode? Ah well...
You see, if it's only freezing the game and rotating the camera + zooming in and out, it's not really a PHOTOmode in my book, so doing just that would be... kinda pointless, imo. But the problem is that you can't really do a "proper" photomode with a game like DmC either, since it's not open-world-ish like Infamous, thus you'd get to see the, uhm, "borders" of the game world, which is probably nothing they'd want you to see. Or they'd have to limit you severly on how much you can zoom in/out, in which places you can do that, etc., which would be kinda awkward aswell.
So personally, I dunno, I think an official photomode seems unlikely. Or at least like it'd be nothing I'd really have any use for, since there's a proper photomode-mod for PC.

The Final Offer

Turning the HUD on and off would be great, I agree on that, not so sure about the slow-mo stuff, I mean people who do combo vids have to edit them most of the time anyway, so that's something they could just do with their video editing software - but Photomode? Ah well...
You see, if it's only freezing the game and rotating the camera + zooming in and out, it's not really a PHOTOmode in my book, so doing just that would be... kinda pointless, imo. But the problem is that you can't really do a "proper" photomode with a game like DmC either, since it's not open-world-ish like Infamous, thus you'd get to see the, uhm, "borders" of the game world, which is probably nothing they'd want you to see. Or they'd have to limit you severly on how much you can zoom in/out, in which places you can do that, etc., which would be kinda awkward aswell.
So personally, I dunno, I think an official photomode seems unlikely. Or at least like it'd be nothing I'd really have any use for, since there's a proper photomode-mod for PC.

The Final Offer

So... your point is what exactly? I haven't played Shadow of Mordor, but from that vid it does seem like a much more open spaced game than DmC, so of course photo mode works with something like that flawlessly.

The idea is controlled spaces. If you're inexperienced with Photo Mode, that's a great depiction of what everyone here is talking about.

Sunaka Marién

The idea is controlled spaces. If you're inexperienced with Photo Mode, that's a great depiction of what everyone here is talking about.
Hm, well, I've used Photo Mode a little in Infamous: Secon Son, and the Cheat Engine based one for DmC (which is why I'm saying it seems unlikely that there'll be an official version, since glitching through walls and seeing the game's "borders" occoured quite frequently). But, uh, not sure what controlled spaces are supposed to be? Like, limiting you on how much you can zoom out and stuff? Because in that case, well, I'm back to "not much of a great use to me".

Top Bottom