• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What have you bought recently?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Today's goodies:

14316716_10154123808858500_7726740238813902123_n.jpg

"Capt. Hook: The Adventures of a Notorious Youth" by J.V. Hart, "Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami, raw pyrite/snowy quartz, and Desert Rose.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Dimension W" Volumes 1, 2 & 3. Written and drawn by the guy who designed the Darker Than Black characters as well as writing the DtB spin-off manga "Jet Black Flower" which any DtB fan should totally read. But yeah, "Dimension W" is looking good.

ZUS1sjtl.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Xbox One S for £199, at that price I couldn't resist & will save me some space in my room. My other XB1 (currently in my room) can be moved to sit alongside my PS4 in my lounge and my 360 Slim will likely be replaced now most games I played on it are backwards compatible.

berto

I Saw the Devil
20160622-e3-rez-01.png

Pr-Ordered the physical version of this game. Kept waiting for it to show up on amazon and gamestop but it wasn't coming, so I checked google and it's an exclusive to a single store. Game's out on the 13th. can't wait. I have it on the PS2 and the 360 so I might play it just to see the differences.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"When Marnie Was There" by Studio Ghibli. I'll definitely write a review for this once I've seen it since it's based on one of my favourite books as a child. As an aside, the case has "Studio Ghibli's final gift" on the back, which would be amusingly incorrect if they ever release another film.

ABZSilim.jpg
Please ignore the magazines under the movie. :whistle:

berto

I Saw the Devil
"When Marnie Was There" by Studio Ghibli. I'll definitely write a review for this once I've seen it since it's based on one of my favourite books as a child. As an aside, the case has "Studio Ghibli's final gift" on the back, which would be amusingly incorrect if they ever release another film.

ABZSilim.jpg
Please ignore the magazines under the movie. :whistle:
I love this movie. It saddens me that it was the last Ghibli. Bought it as soon as I saw in the store. I was pretty disappointed and glad I didn't see in theaters. Sad because I didn't see it and glad that no one saw me crying like a little bitch in public.

Edit: I don't, however, like the covers for the movie. The American one's ok but I always preferred this for a cover
http://www.forgetthebox.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Marnie-poster.jpeg

So much, in fact, that I had a poster size version printed and mounted it on my wall.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I love this movie. It saddens me that it was the last Ghibli. Bought it as soon as I saw in the store. I was pretty disappointed and glad I didn't see in theaters. Sad because I didn't see it and glad that no one saw me crying like a little bitch in public.

Edit: I don't, however, like the covers for the movie. The American one's ok but I always preferred this for a cover
http://www.forgetthebox.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Marnie-poster.jpeg

So much, in fact, that I had a poster size version printed and mounted it on my wall.
Indeed, it is a pretty emotional story, though I doubt I'll cry because I have the emotional capacity of a brick. I heard they moved the setting from the UK to Hokkaido, Japan. All of the name changes will certainly bug me at first. And yes, I too prefer that poster to the covers we got.

As for Ghibli, it's not like they haven't done anything since Miyazaki retired. I heard that the anime that Miyazaki's son made, "Ronia the Robber's Daughter" did pretty decent. Plus they also worked on "The Red Turtle". So I have hope that one day they'll made a film again.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The latest English volume of One Punch Man has released and of course I've bought it. On the cover features "The World's Strongest Man" King facing of against Saitama in video games of all things.

On the other side we have "Pokémon Adventures" Volume 3. The success of Pokémon Go has brought in a lot more Pokémon merchandise, including reprints of this manga appearing in my local bookstore so I thought I'd start collecting it again.
Nggp2HEl.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
CvJZoxCW8AIN51F.jpg:large

I read the first one on Wattpad some time ago, and have pretty much been waiting since then for the second one to be released before buying them together. Hopefully the third one won't be long in coming. ^^;

Top Bottom