• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What dmc4 lack ?

Sparda™

^ Truly said.

The story needs a lot of the old characters to keep up. It doesn't have come to a point where the game needs a new route.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i think a little of the weapons...nero's story...and making us do the same levels twice...complete bogus...but since i hadn't played any dmc before i played it, it was better than i expected...so...i think it was a great game...i loved nero

dante devil

Dante- Vergil- Nero
If I need to nit pick the only problem I have is the fact you have to play through the levels twice with the same bosses in order to finish the game

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
all tho 4 did improve gameplay wise on 3's formula it most certainly does not have the flare 3 had when it came out.

Dante94513

I also had the same feel too. Until I went back to DMC3 (Still play it, Still love it) and I didn't have the flare as I did before. I discovered more ups and downs like gameplay was more repetitive and less optional, missions weren't serious and were short compared to DMC1 and DMC4 (Mostly DMC4), enemies and bosses weren't as outstanding as before. cutscene were abit cheesier and some were WAY over the top. Bloody Palace was boring and much easier that I mostly quit instead being killed like in DMC4, and Vergil's playthrough and gameplay were pretty disappointing. Storyline in DMC3 was Slightly (A hair) over DMC4 because it was an important event. But it wasn't as straightforward since it created confusing moments. Thats just how I felt though. I still love it alot, just not as much now.

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 4 has the most confusing, most mysterious, most plot-creating storyline in the history of the game.

Instead of asking questions raised by previous games, It raised itself even more.

Repetitiveness was the first complain in terms of gameplay with DMC4. Berial/Echidna/Angelo Agnus/Sanctus/Baal & Dagon were fought 2-3 times throughout the game.

Nero's Devil Bringer brought something fresh, but It was repetitive. Hell, I enjoyed playing Dante more than Nero.

The most awesome boss fights Savior/Angelo Credo were just left with one fight.

On the other hand, DMC3 offers Mission 18, as a place where you can fight the boss battles you want. Mission 19 didn't offer all bosses, but instead, a stair to climb, with obliging boss fights.

Even in fan comparison, polls, everything, Devil May Cry 3 is hands down better than 4.

Dante94513

DMC2 was the most confusing. and most mysterious. DMC4 was easy to figure out in my first playthrough. Nero's Origin was the only untelled plot element, but it's barely something I was looking forward to DMC4, and as said, going to be later in the series. DMC1 had 5 different bosses in which you fight 5-3 times (and most of them weren't great IMO). DMC3 did have two (or more) bosses repeated which is fine. But I didn't give a **** of DMC4's bosses being repeated 3 because they were one of the most enjoyable, cinematic bosses I ever faced. Besides, the 2nd time you face them, you're a different character which changes the atmosphere, and the 3rd time is hardly anything to complain since the battle ends faster, and it felt like BP. So repeated bosses, been there, done that, don't care. Of course Dante is better than Nero, he has more weapon, and variety. But I could not stop enjoying Nero because that. Nero made element that were not possible in DMC become possible, and it never got old IMO.

Dante94513

Credo was one of the best DMC bosses, but I find it ridiculous to fight him again after who it ends. And The Savior was IMO, better than Mundus2, but it's not like you can go through rooms like in M8 (Just start M18 and the boss battle starts), besides, I thought you did said boss repeats were repetitive anyway. Oh, and I never said which is better.

DMC3SE>=<DMC4>>>DMC3 original.

Nearxx

Legendary ****
darth_angelo45;150343 said:
Creativity, I dont care what game it is and how you are telling the story. You cant make us play through every level twice in the same playthrough. Its LAZY.

thats so true, i beat it in normal and it was a pain i dont want to go through that again even harder.

Top Bottom