• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you think of Vergil's end scene? (spoilers)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought it was... actually rather subtle how they hinted at Vergil being Nero's father with his shadow at the end.

It reminded me of DMC1 where Sparda had a demonic-looking shadow of his own even when human form.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Disappointing to be honest. They sort of hinted towards Who the mom could've been but never really dive into it. Like who was that random woman who was the only one to see Vergil. Like that seemed to hint at something, but nothing ever happens. And then the end, he just leaves town with Nero's DT shadow...and that's about it. I wasn't too impressed.
Well now I know DMC3 had the better ending for Vergil...and arguably DmC.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@DragonMaster2010

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I think Capcom was trying to be "subtle" and "mysterious" but failed on all fronts when it came to trying to deliver a decent narrative.

Yes, I know I said it was "rather subtle," but five seconds of "cinematic cleverness" doesn't make up for an entire games worth of mistakes.

If it weren't for DMC3, I honestly don't think we'd have any point of reference at all when it comes to story. We'd still be picking out clues from DMC1, the godawful manga, and the two novels.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I was disappointed , but now not too much.The subtilty in the cutscenes can be a wise approach for the following reasons:
  • Probably they hadn't a professional writer involved , since this is a SE.( I couldn't find Bingo in the credits)
  • This allows a wide road to expand or redo Vergil's visit to Fortuna without mess with DMC4 novel.His cutscenes are similar to what is said in the novel.
  • This allows DMC team to do a true female character as Nero's mother (who can be that lady in red or not).My best bet is that, even if that lady was to be Nero's momma in SE, probably in a future game who features V again, they will do a new mother for Nero and say that woman in red was ...( insert whatever you want here).This allows them too to plan and construct a more plausible relationship between Nero's momma and Vergil.
  • Etc....

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Vergil was partially right. The inhabitants of Fortuna did eventually witness the power of a son of Sparda, Dante. Wrong son, but close enough in a way.

outoftheblue

@Gel You really believe they are going to pick that subject up again?
I have the feeling this is as far as they are willing to go, because I doubt Capcom has any interest in developing Nero´s mother as a character. I hope I´m mistaken, but it wouldn´t surprise me if the matter of Nero´s origin had been adressed and closed "Capcom way".

Reactions: Gel

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
@Gel You really believe they are going to pick that subject up again?
I have the feeling this is as far as they are willing to go, because I doubt Capcom has any interest in developing Nero´s mother as a character. I hope I´m mistaken, but it wouldn´t surprise me if the matter of Nero´s origin had been adressed and closed "Capcom way".
Unfortunately...Well, it's money they will lose, not me, anyway!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, the guy who did the ending...

... said (in the video description) that although he got the maximum amount of end credit demons (he said it was 99), that there was no new secret cutscene.

Nice, Capcom. At the top of your game, like always. :shifty:

DragonMaster2010

Watching that video again...why does Vergil sound like he's got a sore throat? In DMC3, he sounded so nasally, and here, he sounds nasally AND has a sore throat. I think Dan does these recordings while he's sick, I swear lol (jk)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Watching that video again...why does Vergil sound like he's got a sore throat? In DMC3, he sounded so nasally, and here, he sounds nasally AND has a sore throat. I think Dan does these recordings while he's sick, I swear lol (jk)
I think it's because some fans out there said that his voice sounded (like you said) too nasally in DMC3.

So what I think he did was try to make his voice deeper.

Didn't work. But the fans will love him for it anyway.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think Dan does these recordings while he's sick, I swear lol (jk)

LOL it's possible. He sweats a lot for his job, maybe he did got sick XD

But aside from that, always liked his voice. It's different from the usual cavernous voice villains often have (like Adam Clark as Arkham for example) and gives a sense of subtlety.

P.S: we got a singer here, Vasco Rossi, who literally sounds as if the night before singing, he slept in a cold room with a wet dress. Check it out LOL

DragonMaster2010

P.S: we got a singer here, Vasco Rossi, who literally sounds as if the night before singing, he slept in a cold room with a wet dress. Check it out LOL

Actually Vasco Rossi doesn't sound sick, rather he's smoked a ton of cigarettes to try and get a raspy voice.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Actually Vasco Rossi doesn't sound sick, rather he's smoked a ton of cigarettes to try and get a raspy voice.

I dunno he does sound sick to me. A friend of mine at Elementary used to have the same kind of voice cause he used to keep his hair wet after washing them... with all the consequences that brought...

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
I think Vergils abilities were evolving like Dante's were and the shadow was supposed to suggest that sooner or later, he would acquire the Devil Trigger that Nero was supposed to have had. I mean the Sheath is evident enough right that

Take a look here...this is Vergils normal less evolved Devil Trigger...

latest

and then his Evolved Devil Trigger which even though Nero was supposed to have had it!? It actually belonged to Vergil due to Yamato's influence

Vergil's actual evolved Devil Trigger...

latest

And all of you saw the shadow right? So with that in mind is even more evidence that was supposed to have had a much bigger part in Devil May Cry 4, but due to (c)Capcoms stupidity in cutting the budget, and not finishing up in a proper manner decided to cut most of what was supposed to have been and released DMC4 early and way ahead of schedule.

Here's some more...

IMG_0317.jpg%7Eoriginal

Look at the middle top fold you see a full body incarnation with legs an all that shindig, and on the right bares reseblance to Nero Angelo < Yes that was the correct spelling...it's annoying that Capcom never went with that look.

Even though it says Nero...if you look at some of the photo's below him it shows Vergil, I mean only Vergil has the classiness to look like that, and the swooped back hair is his signature daddy Sparda look.

dmc4concepts1.jpg

Below him are some Vergil concept Art, and if you look towards the top left you see Vergil holding his signature Devil arm Yamato. Some Dante concept art too in the middle stating that all three characters were playable and were meant to be in the finished game.

Damn I'm absolutely exhausted...

Have a great end of week day everyone.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Those are Neros DT Designs and costume designs. The one that resembles Vergil is a really early concept sketch of Nero, where they were trying to get a look for the character. I don't know what the Dante faces are doing on that page though.
Besides that, back in the day they stated from the very beginning in interviews that Vergil would have no part in DMC4.
Which is why there were no concepts for him in the artbook.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
@DanteSparda08
That one in the art book is not Vergil's DT, it's a concept of what they used to intend as Nero's DT, before they opted for the phantom form.

I was making the statement that the Devil Trigger was supposed to have been an Evolved form not that it was Vergils, but in fact that Vergils would have looked similar in contrast to Nero's. The End credits establishes that Vergil was evolving and so was his Devil Trigger.

I was merely using the photo as an example that's all...nothing else.

Those are Neros DT Designs and costume designs. The one that resembles Vergil is a really early concept sketch of Nero, where they were trying to get a look for the character. I don't know what the Dante faces are doing on that page though.

I understand that but they sorta contradict themselves by saying that those sketches are Nero, when in truth, only one person has that signature look it's Vergil himself. The Dante ones however were supposed to show the artists early refined ideas...they shot themselves in the foot there.

Besides that, back in the day they stated from the very beginning in interviews that Vergil would have no part in DMC4.
Which is why there were no concepts for him in the artbook.

If so then why are there concept art of him being shown? I don't understand why it's like Capcom's hiding important information and to be honest it just seems too sketchy for them to implement him in the drawings and then slap us in the face, with them saying he wasn't supposed to have no part in DMC4 when The Devil Trigger clearly resembles Vergil Yamato incarnation...this doesn't make sense.

It's like Capcom was saying here's Nero...his Devil Trigger..."Power...give me more POWER"...and then later on bring Vergil into the mix...

Yeah thanks for throwing feaces in our faces Capcom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erian1Mortal

Premium
If so then why are there concept art of him being shown? I don't understand why it's like Capcom's hiding important information and to be honest it just seems too sketchy for them to implement him in the drawings and then slap us in the face, with them saying he wasn't supposed to have no part in DMC4 when The Devil Trigger clearly resembles Vergil Yamato incarnation...this doesn't make sense.

It's like Capcom was saying here's Nero...his Devil Trigger..."Power...give me more POWER"...and then later on bring Vergil into the mix...

Simple, they were throwing around ideas, probably without having much of a story direction or anythinh concerning the character. Maybe they haad intendet him to closer in looks to Vergil. I wouldn't read to much into it, it's just concepts. And for the DT, the simple answer is it's a Yamato DT form, I bet Dante in DMC3 woul've resembled Vergil as well if he had used Yamato in DT.

Veloran

I was making the statement that the Devil Trigger was supposed to have been an Evolved form not that it was Vergils, but in fact that Vergils would have looked similar in contrast to Nero's. The End credits establishes that Vergil was evolving and so was his Devil Trigger.

I was merely using the photo as an example that's all...nothing else.
I wouldn't really call it Vergil's. Maybe not Nero's either, for that matter. It's tied to Yamato, so some details between both character's Devil Triggering with it will probably remain similar.

That's just the way Devil May Cry works. The writers and directors usually prefer to keep details mysterious rather than elaborating on them.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No added ending confirmed. The guy who made this vid (and the last one I posted) confirmed that it's impossible to get 100 demons and only got 90 + according to the game.

It just says, "Until we meet again... ?"

-------------------------------

So, I guess that means we have to buy more copies then.

Top Bottom