• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Apparently they have a law like this in China. Obama is Veto-ing the bill.
So much for free-speech if it gets passed... :(
It's just the world gone mad... who think of this stuff?!

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The internet censorship bill, yes. Sites like Furaffinity, DeviantArt, Youtube, Facebook, and Google could be taken down completely.

What states would this happen in? :/ *worried**hopes it doesn't happen*

You know...they better not pass it. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. American politics are f***ed up. :/

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
By doing this, they're almost "closing the internet" which is to say nearly impossible. If they do that, unofficial/hidden sites will emerge making things worse, but they will definitely appear. And their obsession with copyrights is completely ridiculous. Youtube/etc actually promote their stuff<_<

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
By doing this, they're almost "closing the internet" which is to say nearly impossible. If they do that, unofficial/hidden sites will emerge making things worse, but they will definitely appear. And their obsession with copyrights is completely ridiculous. Youtube/etc actually promote their stuff<_<

That's true. But, they're actually trying to make file sharing and "unauthorized streaming" a felony. Not close the internet. I think they intend on being able to block those sites, but...it makes no sense seeing as the bill is so...I dunno how to describe it...unspecific? It's just kinda making it sound like everything on the internet is bad. :/ *thinking of writing to the congressman on her state*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's true. But, they're actually trying to make file sharing and "unauthorized streaming" a felony. Not close the internet. I think they intend on being able to block those sites, but...it makes no sense seeing as the bill is so...I dunno how to describe it...unspecific? It's just kinda making it sound like everything on the internet is bad. :/ *thinking of writing to the congressman on her state*

Even if this gets passed, though, Supreme Court is gonna have a FIELD DAY with it. This is a HUGE infringement on freedom of speech.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Even if this gets passed, though, Supreme Court is gonna have a FIELD DAY with it. This is a HUGE infringement on freedom of speech.

Oh, definitely. Nobody is going to be happy not being able to go on sites or post things they like. :/ I think something bad'll happen if it's passed, to be honest....

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh, definitely. Nobody is going to be happy not being able to go on sites or post things they like. :/ I think something bad'll happen if it's passed, to be honest....

I'm already predicting riots. Assassinations may not be out of the picture either.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm already predicting riots. Assassinations may not be out of the picture either.

Ditto. :/ Speaking of assasinations, did you hear that someone tried to assasinate President Obama? *still horrified*

Thinking:
Stress...I hate stress. DX

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Really? I thought he was doing an okay job as prez.

Yeah, a guy fired 9 shots at the White House while the President and first lady were away, and he actually broke a window. He apparently thought he was Jesus and President Obama was the anticrist and wanting to put GPS chips into children.... *awkward moment* So...yeah. :/ I agree, I think the President's doing pretty well, given the opposition and all. ^^;

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Yeah, a guy fired 9 shots at the White House while the President and first lady were away, and he actually broke a window. He apparently thought he was Jesus and President Obama was the anticrist and wanting to put GPS chips into children.... *awkward moment* So...yeah. :/ I agree, I think the President's doing pretty well, given the opposition and all. ^^;

rucka was right O_O

Top Bottom