• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
IT'S OUT! IT'S PUBLISHED!!
And I already got a comment on it :D (Not feedback. It was something like "now THERE'S a great short story!" so it was rather a common compliment or recommendation.)

The anthology will be out during the winter, I guess.

Not a big thing in a writer world, but definitely a big thing for me as a person.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
IT'S OUT! IT'S PUBLISHED!!
And I already got a comment on it :D (Not feedback. It was something like "now THERE'S a great short story!" so it was rather a common compliment or recommendation.)

The anthology will be out during the winter, I guess.

Not a big thing in a writer world, but definitely a big thing for me as a person.

Congratulations! Is there a pre-order link, or anything? ^^

CT: I'm enjoying myself way too much with this Rumpelstiltskin reimagining. Hopefully I won't wind up hating it once I get to the first round of edits...

+In-laws come up to see the new place today. Watch me find some last-minute task to stress about before they get here. o_O

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Congratulations! Is there a pre-order link, or anything? ^^

CT: I'm enjoying myself way too much with this Rumpelstiltskin reimagining. Hopefully I won't wind up hating it once I get to the first round of edits...

+In-laws come up to see the new place today. Watch me find some last-minute task to stress about before they get here. o_O
Might be, but unless you speak fluent Finnish, it's not much of a use for you :ROFL:
All stories in that anthology are in Finnish. Sadly though – it's a science fiction and fantasy anthology, so I reckon you'd be interested to see what kind of stuff does it contain.

I had to search translation for "Rumpelstiltskin". It sounded familiar. Learn useless Finnish with therogis: here, it's either Tittelintuure or Rompanruoja.

Knowing you're probably talking about OUAT, anyway: No one ever read that story for me, hence, I have no idea what is it about. I guess I know a good bedtime story when our daughter is born...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow I am late to the game but going back to that Power Ranger rant for a moment. I made a war without nothing! I am aware of Super Sentai and I've watched many SS series and own them on DVD. In fact I watch and enjoy Super Sentai, Kaman Rider, the various Metal Heroes shows and etc. I enjoy it all.
My question was why couldn't PR be as big as Marvel/DC when both products have grown people in goofy outfits punching people? It was a general question. But I've made a war haha.

Omg Adobe Premiere is the most difficult editor ever. Nothing works right. I need help here.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Kinda hoping my train is cancelled due to hot weather - as much as I want to see my friend, this weather is insane
The next heat wave is hitting us by Sunday, and lasting most likely at least a month. Remembering how bad the last one made me feel, I'm waiting for it in absolute horror...

And because I'm not vaxxed at all yet, going to stores, cafes, or libraries for shelter isn't an option for me, with the current infection rates (and my midwife telling me to protect myself from getting the infection as carefully as I can). x_x

Any survival advice? Last time I was just binge-watching HBO with an ice bag behind my back, taking up to 6 cold showers per day... and feeling like an environmental terrorist because of that...
(I was so naive to think that while I've finally got a free summer, I'd play a lot of guitar, make a pocket set of lockpicks, practice coding and finish a novel. Yea.... rrright....)

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm thinking i need to finish early today, 31 celcius outside, add another 8 to 10 degrees to that in a pit using the welder and blow torch

got quite light headed not long ago, gona hydrate and finish early i think

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Today is a good day! Got brand new burgundy Alpha Rangers boots for free from a neighbour - and yes, they actually fit my feet quite well!

(I've always had troubles finding shoes that fit me)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@therogis Aww, makes me wish I was multilingual. If they ever release a translated version though, I'd definitely check it out. Sci-fi and fantasy is honestly the bulk of my reading/viewing pleasure. :p

CT: In-laws left today, which honestly I'm happy about. It's always a roll of the dice whether it'll be a good visit or not, and either my bullshit-o-meter is really low lately, or they were more intolerable than usual. Either way, glad it's done; pretty sure if they'd stayed another day, I wouldn't have been able to fake pleasantries anymore.

Pity my husband had to go with them for the next couple of days (funeral for a semi-estranged uncle). On the plus side, I guess this means I'll have a lot of time for reading, writing and gaming... :unsure:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
@therogis Aww, makes me wish I was multilingual. If they ever release a translated version though, I'd definitely check it out. Sci-fi and fantasy is honestly the bulk of my reading/viewing pleasure. :p

Most likely there won't be a translated version :( The anthology was going to be a traditional paperback as usual, but because the pandemic hit the publishing association hard, they had to make it an e-anthology to lower the costs. So I don't think they'll have the money to translate it. Also at least I don't remember them publishing books or anthologies in any other language than Finnish.

CT: Hormones. Damn hormones. Yesterday I cried for a cute little knit cap that I ruined by accidentally washing it in a wrong way. At the same time I laughed for the ridiculosity of the situation. My husband threw the ruined cap away and that made me cry even more because "The globe is warming already and I'm making unnecessary trash". Let's be honest: my sobbing released probably more excess carbon dioxide than that shrinked little cap we threw away. XD

My husband tried to comfort me but it didn't help much because he was unable to hide his laughter :D

Well, I'm off to practice programming... finally!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Feeling slightly blue with no reason. I'm pretty confident about it, therapy taught me ways to tackle that and I haven't felt depressed somewhat since the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 or whatever. But every time I feel blue without any obvious reason, it scares me. How do I know it's not gonna stay this time? ._.

+ I'd really like to be able to read books without overanalyzing them. Like, "Oh here's the 2nd plot point!", or "this sentence needs some editing imo". Like... I want to read for fun. Not like I'm in a writing club meeting with every book I open. It's not a very fruitful habit either.

For a project, I decided to read some children/teen stuff (such as Nevermoor trilogy) and I thought it'd help me skip this dumbass analysis, but noooooooo...

(Townsend has a nasty habit of over-explaining btw. Reminds me of what a member of our writing club tends to say: "If you write like your reader is an idiot, you'll only get readers that ARE idiots." I know they're books for children but cmon, kids are more intelligent than the writer sometimes seems to think.)

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LGBTQIA+ is a dumb acronym at this point cause it's too long. It's starting to defeat the point of being an acronym in the first place. When it was just LGBT+ it was ok.
Also what is the point of that + if you just keep adding initials anyway whenever you include another group of people in there.

That community needs a new name to be addressed as. A comprehensive name, an acronym that doesn't list everything. Idk, NCS people? Non Cis Straight. Something.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I became a fan of Psychonauts 2. So if Double Fine Productions did a Jak and Daxter or Sly Cooper game, I'd be fine with it.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Our maternity package* has been sent! Can't wait <3

(* Not every country has it, so I'll explain: it's a government support system. Every family that is expecting a child gets either a free box full of baby supplies, or a monetary support (around 170€) depending on their choice. Most families take the box because it's worth more than the monetary support. Photos and info here: https://www.kela.fi/web/en/maternitypackage )

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Our maternity package* has been sent! Can't wait <3

(* Not every country has it, so I'll explain: it's a government support system. Every family that is expecting a child gets either a free box full of baby supplies, or a monetary support (around 170€) depending on their choice. Most families take the box because it's worth more than the monetary support. Photos and info here: https://www.kela.fi/web/en/maternitypackage )
That's an amazing idea - over here, I don't think we have anything even close to that. Or at least we didn't used to. When I was pregnant you could get something called a Bounty Pack which was a bunch of out of date magazines and some coupons for stuff you don't want or need.

And, inexplicably, deodorant.

Gasoline Tank

It turns out biohaze.com was gone temporarily due to a problem with the previous host. But yeah. It was resolved by Yama, so feel free to sign up if you like RE.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
That's an amazing idea - over here, I don't think we have anything even close to that. Or at least we didn't used to. When I was pregnant you could get something called a Bounty Pack which was a bunch of out of date magazines and some coupons for stuff you don't want or need.

And, inexplicably, deodorant.
According to my knowledge, it's a very Finnish invention. In its origin, it was designed to get the birth rate higher after two wars during 1939-40 and 1941-44. But some countries have adopted the concept, which is great! It's full of useful, quality stuff, including even the packaging: the box comes with a mattress on the bottom and it's designed for the baby to sleep in for their first months. And usually it's a young Finnish artist who gets to design the outer print on the box :giggle:

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternity_package

Last edited:
Top Bottom