• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I was seeing a doctor tomorrow because of long-lasting headache. Turned out my blood pressure has gone up like a damn rocket in a short time.

It was fine when I measured it back home, but I can't help it, I'm really worried and all I can think of is counting weeks and odds of survival.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I was seeing a doctor tomorrow because of long-lasting headache. Turned out my blood pressure has gone up like a damn rocket in a short time.

It was fine when I measured it back home, but I can't help it, I'm really worried and all I can think of is counting weeks and odds of survival.
I know it's pretty much impossible, but try not to worry. The main thing is that they have noted your high blood pressure - when you next see your midwife or whoever you normally see for the pregnancy stuff (I know it can vary country to country), just make sure he/she is aware of it too. They won't (or at least shouldn't) dismiss it and can maybe help reassure you and show you ways of safely lowering your blood pressure if need be.

It totally sucks that you can't see baby all the time and know he/she is doing fine...maybe one day in the future that will be a standard thing: everyone gets their own ultrasound monitor for the duration of their pregnancy. I know I would have liked that.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I know it's pretty much impossible, but try not to worry. The main thing is that they have noted your high blood pressure - when you next see your midwife or whoever you normally see for the pregnancy stuff (I know it can vary country to country), just make sure he/she is aware of it too. They won't (or at least shouldn't) dismiss it and can maybe help reassure you and show you ways of safely lowering your blood pressure if need be.

It totally sucks that you can't see baby all the time and know he/she is doing fine...maybe one day in the future that will be a standard thing: everyone gets their own ultrasound monitor for the duration of their pregnancy. I know I would have liked that.
Thanks. While I recognize it's not a very good way to stay in constant worry when my blood pressure should definitely be lowered by any means necessary, and not risen by stress, it's easier said than done. :confused: But it always feels good to hear someone talk (or write) with facts in a calm manner.

I'm trying to think that I'm in such an early stage, so probably it's not a pre-eclampsia yet. Thus, headache and high blood pressure might just be caused by practically anything else. And even if it was an early sign of pre-eclampsia, it's not going to cause a convulsion or anything anytime soon, so I should not worry too much.

I got instructed with monitoring my blood pressure at home 2-3 times a day (which is not a good way to relieve stress either...) and it seems it's sort of going back and forth. From 145/95 to something like 100/60 in two or three hours. I'll take that as a good sign, at least it's not a constant increase. Headache and sight disturbances are still on, but it's been like that for weeks, so... *shrugs*

Just when I got rid of hypochondria... at least now it's not being hypochondric about myself, so I think it's somewhat less of a shame.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Thanks. While I recognize it's not a very good way to stay in constant worry when my blood pressure should definitely be lowered by any means necessary, and not risen by stress, it's easier said than done. :confused: But it always feels good to hear someone talk (or write) with facts in a calm manner.

I'm trying to think that I'm in such an early stage, so probably it's not a pre-eclampsia yet. Thus, headache and high blood pressure might just be caused by practically anything else. And even if it was an early sign of pre-eclampsia, it's not going to cause a convulsion or anything anytime soon, so I should not worry too much.

I got instructed with monitoring my blood pressure at home 2-3 times a day (which is not a good way to relieve stress either...) and it seems it's sort of going back and forth. From 145/95 to something like 100/60 in two or three hours. I'll take that as a good sign, at least it's not a constant increase. Headache and sight disturbances are still on, but it's been like that for weeks, so... *shrugs*

Just when I got rid of hypochondria... at least now it's not being hypochondric about myself, so I think it's somewhat less of a shame.
If it was pre-eclampsia, they would be monitoring you very closely. As it is, it's probably too early to diagnose something like that, like you say, but that doesn't mean they will ignore you.

Don't beat yourself up either - pregnancy, no matter which number it is, is very hard! I stressed with all of mine. Big hugs!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Ohhhh.... is the Lost another timelord.....

Goldsickle

Reminds me... I need to check up on my doc for a blood test...
But the whole pandemic thing is making me scared... again.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Reminds me... I need to check up on my doc for a blood test...
But the whole pandemic thing is making me scared... again.
I personally consider health centers safer places than a regular grocery store. But that's just an assumption, based on nothing else but my own thoughts about hygiene matters and such. :)

--

Tomorrow is The Big Day. Mother's Day.
Can't say I'm not scared, but I expected a lot more flashbacks and panic attacks this week.

Got zero of the latter, but because I started to get that kind of stuff on late 2019 and it's not been a thing after I consciously barricaded an abuser out of my head, I don't think it was actually mother-related. Emotional flashbacks, however, have been holding my hand every morning when I wake up...

I'm lucky to have a spouse who knows what to do when I start involuntary twitching. Tiny cues, but he knows.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Tomorrow is The Big Day. Mother's Day.
Can't say I'm not scared, but I expected a lot more flashbacks and panic attacks this week.
Well, woke up to the worst of nightmares for a good while. The hell with it. If I survived from that really happening, I can handle some reliving with nightmares and emotional flashbacks as well.

And hell no am I staying home all day under bed covers and crying as expected. I'm gonna celebrate today with my in-law family. My mother-in-law is worth a cake.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking, and if I start to feel like going to bed and wussing out, I'll just come back and read this so I know I already promised to do something else. :LOL: Wish me luck.

---

Morning after edit: I'm all good. :giggle: Still having nightmares, but that's fine. I spent yesterday at my mother-in-law. Haven't seen her in months because of COVID. I missed her, and I guess I have never experienced a Mother's Day so full of laughing :LOL: She's sweet. ♥

Last edited:

Goldsickle

When you are trying to say you are "looking for fuel" but because "D" and "F" are so close on the keyboard, you accidentally typed that you are "looking for duel".

So a bunch of guys wielding swords, axes and maces are waiting at your doorstep.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
When you are trying to say you are "looking for fuel" but because "D" and "F" are so close on the keyboard, you accidentally typed that you are "looking for duel".

So a bunch of guys wielding swords, axes and maces are waiting at your doorstep.
The struggle is real. Once I really tried to find "docks". I misstyped it with one letter and Google Maps guided me to a little store with flashing red lights on the windows.

Let's just say I didn't find that kind of ships there...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm wondering if the writers are hinting at Liz/Al in the future episodes.

Beyond that, United States of AL is a wholesome but predictable sitcom with a somber side. The criticisms about Al's depiction are valid if overblown.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

Would you rather open your doors and see....
  • guys with swords, axes, and maces
  • guys with cowboy hats, dusters, and pistols, ready to take ten paces and turn
  • guys with spiked wigs and a Millennium Puzzle screaming about the Heart of the Cards
Pick one, no take-backs.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Would you rather open your doors and see....
  • guys with swords, axes, and maces
  • guys with cowboy hats, dusters, and pistols, ready to take ten paces and turn
  • guys with spiked wigs and a Millennium Puzzle screaming about the Heart of the Cards
Pick one, no take-backs.
The last one.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man, Fire Emblem Three Houses is getting good. I thought the DLC story was fun, but the main story is heating up. Nobody say anything to me! No spoilers please!

For those curious, I stuck with the Church and little miss purple eyes went all Palpatine on us.

Top Bottom