• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
TMT's cover is done, and sometime today, so too will my proofread of it be, along with the resulting edits. I am...having some feelings about this trilogy ending. I think I'll need a bottle of wine or something to commemorate on release day...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My sister was diagnosed at 38 with what we like to call Super ADHD. Both conditions are harder to diagnose in females and she had to go private to get any sort of clinical help - I was there for the diagnostic process and it does indeed include childhood stuff, but that could vary from country to country. Her grades as a kid were always stellar but her behaviour could be slightly problematic in that she always had an answer for everything, talked back a bit, took lots of risks etc. She has destructive behaviours like the aforementioned risk taking, excessive drinking, and also is constantly on high alert, so her body is in a permanent state of stress. She and our mother (she calls her my mother now) have a terrible relationship, although nothing even close to wha you've experienced, and that has had an impact due to the way she perceived her upbringing in relation to things now.

She also is horribly forgetful, talks non stop sometimes about all kinds of things, whether they are pertinent to the conversation or not, doesn't sleep much, is highly self critical and has some other underlying things like possible dyslexia and a thing with her brain to do with the midline which means everything is literally crossed wires most of the time.

She was both relieved and gutted when she was diagnosed, and she keeps an eye on her two girls just in case. To be honest, one of mine is learning disabled and autistic so we've already got stuff in the family; my sister thinks I should be tested for ADD but my thinking is that I've managed this long, what difference would it make now? There's been some speculation that my amygdala didn't develop properly as a baby due to emotional neglect, but again I've managed this far and I haven't killed anyone...I think...

Tl;dr if you think you can get a decent clinician who will get it done in a decent timeframe, it might be worth getting evaluated. If nothing else, it'll give you peace of mind and keep you informed. Perhaps the first port of call would be a general doctor? I don't know how Finnish healthcare works, but in the UK the NHS can take up to two years to diagnose (currently) but privately takes 4 hours. Go figure.
Thanks. My grades were really good during my elementary school years, and I never had troubles learning things. I wasn't particularly interested in homework or stuff like that, but somehow I managed to get 95-100 % points from almost every exam. So that's probably why no one ever had any reason to suspect I'd have any issues like ADD or such, even though I was always that lass who didn't know how to behave and couldn't stay still or silent. In early classes, I was the only girl to ever get detention, and I really didn't mean to disturb the class or anything. It just sort of happened.

I have some similar traits to your sister. You know, I always have an opinion on stuff and I tend to speak it out even though no one asks for it. I have troubles waiting for other people and even waiting them to finish their sentences – in my view, many people are talking soooo slooooowlyyyyyyy :LOL: It was really an eye-opener for me when I met a person who nowadays is my friend, and during our very first contact she was like "Whoa you're talking so fast", and people around me (who knew me already) were like "Yeah, she does... better get used to it". I never realized I'm talking so fast people actually have troubles understanding me. Nowadays I'm consciously trying to slow my words down and I still don't know if I sound like a retard or a normal person.

I'm also a risk-taker, not going further in that, but in contrast to it, I don't actually have any recognized self-harm-type behaviour. Used to have that some years ago though. I don't have any problems with alcohol or such, but that's more of a mother-relation thing – I've never been drunk, and I only drink a glass of wine when it's a special occasion. It's simply because I despise my mother so much that I don't want to act like her in anything.

And yeah, I'm forgetful – at work, I have to keep a record of my every task to remember what was I doing and what was the due date. A paper calendar is a life-saver for me. I have a photographic memory when it comes to studying and stuff, which is incredibly convenient in law school, but I cannot remember what I said to a person yesterday. Also, like I said, I have the frustrating ability of forgetting what was I saying in the middle of sentence.
People who don't understand it tend to laugh at my horrible memory, it has caused social difficulties, it has been weaponized against me and so on (like I forgot stuff on purpose...), and I'm really trying to make it better.

Talking too much and being self-critical... yeah, that's me. Self-criticism is something I really had to battle with, but I think that's also a childhood thing as well – when your own mother tells you every day during your child and teenage years that you're no good, you should've never been born, you're only a burden to her and to the world, you're certainly wh*ring on the street, you should die etc, it leaves a mark to your self-respect. Nowadays it's a lot better, but I still have some issues with it.

I think I'm going to mention it at the maternity clinic on my next appointment. Finnish healthcare system is really slow and the queues for stuff like this can be 3-6 months in a normal situation, and now that we have COVID... Well, I think it's best to prepare for getting an appointment from the private sector.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
You know that summer is coming when you have to open the windows because its getting too hot. o_O
Opening the window? Weak.

Signed,
Someone who kept their AC in the window even during Winter and used it.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I like my new painting battlestation I got set up. it's right in front of the TV, and the table is long enough for dual monitors eventually so it can double as a work desk for D&D mapmaking. This will be great

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just stumbled across 3 new isos. Sharpen your ears and listen. Its dmc1,dmc2,dmc3. I got a lot of work to do. Suprisingly they are good, Even better when its emulated. I keep getting impressed how much emu's can upscale things. Great stuff. I just realised what I have been missing. Also why people say dmc4 is bad. Well not bad but perhaps older games were better. Only thing is I first discovered dmc when playing ps3 dmc4 just on a coincidence. So that game will always be my first. Now I might say dmc2 is perhaps the best one so far. Well my opinion can/might change as I play the games. Just getting started on them. Wish me luck.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
For my Silver Boom story, the big question is when do I set it? Is it in Silver's future or is it in Blaze's dimension? Both are valid.

Sonic Boom had 4 player co-op which you could drop or lean into. These could be new characters or existing characters from other Sonic media.

Like this old favorite-

He's one of the OG Sonic characters but never made the jump to 3d for one reason or another. Since Sega wants to seperate classic Sonic from Modern Sonic, you could just put Mighty and his buddy Ray with Silver. Mighty ends up being another Knuckles/Sonic so he would stand out more with Silver.

These two are new favorites from the IDW comics.

PS. Whisper is based of Sniper Wolf from MGS. And people ship her and Silver.

Who am I to get in the way of shipping?

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I was going to laugh about Wesker being turned into a tentacle monster in RE5 before I remembered the same thing happened with Vergil turning into a tentacle monster in DMC5. Did someone in Capcom's dev teams have a thing for turning previously compelling antagonists into H-beasts in a fifth mainline installment (even if Vergil was temporary)? Not sure how to feel about that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was going to laugh about Wesker being turned into a tentacle monster in RE5 before I remembered the same thing happened with Vergil turning into a tentacle monster in DMC5. Did someone in Capcom's dev teams have a thing for turning previously compelling antagonists into H-beasts in a fifth mainline installment (even if Vergil was temporary)? Not sure how to feel about that.
They also did the "my dad is a supervillian" trope twice. They have their habits like everyone else.

Granted if those two tropes popped up in another Capcom franchise, then it's a clear pattern.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Would it be faster to inject food directly into my stomach with a giant needle lol

NO.
NO.
NO.
I'm glad it's morning here, if I read this yesterday evening I wouldn't have slept at all... Nope, I don't like needles :LOL: You should've seen me last time when I was taken blood samples, it was ridiculous.

They also did the "my dad is a supervillian" trope twice. They have their habits like everyone else.

Granted if those two tropes popped up in another Capcom franchise, then it's a clear pattern.

Tropes and cliches sell. *glances at Harry Potter series*

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
NO.
NO.
NO.
I'm glad it's morning here, if I read this yesterday evening I wouldn't have slept at all... Nope, I don't like needles :LOL: You should've seen me last time when I was taken blood samples, it was ridiculous.
I was doing that the other week, and idiot couldn't continue taking my blood samples because she poked the wrong part of my skin. Dude, its just skin - absorb my blood! I don't care about the pain... get what you need and get it done!

Yes... its painful, but at least do something!

Fortunately, the left arm has a better vein and was successfully done without pain.

Hate it though. :rolleyes::confused:(n)

:coffee:

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021

I mean, that depends. Does "My dad is a supervillain" count when the Dad is making clone/replacement bodies for himself?

Gasoline Tank

So, RE8 is out in 2 weeks from today. Breathe a sigh of much needed relief. :D

My bad. Gimpy didn't say anything to Nemesis. I don't know why I thought that. :p

Top Bottom