• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I get a sore throat and headache from a cold = I carry on as per usual.
Hubby gets a sore throat and uncomfortable tummy and runny nose = cue sick day because he's dying.
Seriously. I think I need to be more verbal about how crap I feel with all the side-effects of my meds on top of being sick. If he can't handle a cold without lamenting about it and looking for sympathy, then I'm allowed to whine about my headaches and ringing in my ears and lack of focus and messed up appetite. I'm not looking for sympathy, sometimes it just feels good to say I feel like **** when I feel like ****. This kind of logic seems to go above hubby's head though.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
If this cold has taught me anything it's medicine companies have no effing clue what cherries taste like.

That made me think of something a friend of mine used to say about the grape flavoured medicines. "Do these people even know what grape tastes like? This doesn't taste like grape--this tastes like the tears of small children". :laugh:

(I'm convinced she got it from something else, but with how long she's been saying it, I can't recall where).

@LordOfDarkness Lol! No lie, I've seen/heard guys using the "man flu" card. I think some of them are actually convinced that they have it worse. :tongue:

CT: I think I'll start off with a writing sprint this time; putting it off until later in the day always messes me up, a bit.

+Why the heck is my shoulder so sore?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Most people's logic, when they're sick, tells them to go take some medicine and sleep a bunch and they'll feel better. Mine says to go make cookies cuz chocolate's basically medicine and it will make me feel better until I really feel better. :thumbsup:

On that note...why do I keep getting sick? Am I cursed or something? Is it stress? It's probably stress. :/

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Sometimes I get slightly frustrated at how ambiguous the English language can be. For example how do you distinguish "dark night" from "dark knight"?

Mum always said context is key when I was growing up. The rest of the words in the sentence should usually give enough of a clue to make the entire sentence make sense. For example: "there isn't a moon tonight, it looks like it'll be a really dark night" and "he's such a jerk sometimes, but he's always helping me when I need it just like some kind of dark knight" are two totally different sentences. ^^ Erm...that said, I don't believe I've ever used "dark night" other than just now...usually it's more of "it's really dark tonight" or some variation thereof. -thinks English is an odd language-

Thinking:
Tea, tea, where's the tea?

Top Bottom