• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
@Loopy You know Japanese?! :eek: As a man who is learning the tongue myself I bow to Loopy-Senpai! :thumbsup:
ありがとうございました!
Good luck with Japanese studies! Even though I finished learning the language at university, I am still learning new things now...and I still make mistakes. For example, I mistook a Chinese business man for Japanese and talked Japanese to him. Turns out he was just really good at speaking Jpanaese instead of English. :laugh:

Thinking: Wow, those Fox News people got it spectacularly wrong. :laugh:Birmingham is not 100% Islamic state, and is not full of religious police who beat up white people. That's not what I see when I go there to meet friends or shop.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I think mum's right and we're going to have to get a new internet provider. This is really ticking me off. Why are they locking our account down for absolutely no reason? :grumpy:

+ I wonder if he's going to come over today.... :unsure:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
CT: I passed my test. <3 XD Yay. Two down and two two go. x3 Not only that I got a job interview tomorrow. :thumbsup: Woot. Finally after so long of being without a job things are looking up for me. <3 lol This year is turning out to be a good one. :3

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's so hard to find Japanese snacks here. My only option is order online or go all the way to Birmingham and check out Cyber Candy or the Chinese area. I'm thinking I'll have to make a bulk order soon. I'm craving matcha flavoured sweets and cakes.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
ありがとうございました!
Good luck with Japanese studies! Even though I finished learning the language at university, I am still learning new things now...and I still make mistakes. For example, I mistook a Chinese business man for Japanese and talked Japanese to him. Turns out he was just really good at speaking Jpanaese instead of English. :laugh:

Your most welcome Loopy-Senpai Although as you can read I understood what you wrote but I can't write "Your welcome" back. Well I could, but I don't know how to write the actual word lol. (I've only learned Hiragana, Katakana and I'm still on my Kanji lessons. I haven't learned how to actually say and write greetings yet. More of the "A, E, I, O, U's" of Japanese) However, I can ask you if you are well/how are you. Behold! (Plus I know your "Thank you" was all in Hiragana)

Loopy-Senpai 元気 ?

I mean I learned words in Japanese like 学生 "Student", and/or 中国人 "Chinese (Person) But I can't give a proper greetings?! :eek: I bring shame to myself! :'(

"Oooh piece of Candy!" :eek:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Your most welcome Loopy-Senpai Although as you can read I understood what you wrote but I can't write "Your welcome" back. Well I could, but I don't know how to write the actual word lol. (I've only learned Hiragana, Katakana and I'm still on my Kanji lessons. I haven't learned how to actually say and write greetings yet. More of the "A, E, I, O, U's" of Japanese) However, I can ask you if you are well/how are you. Behold! (Plus I know your "Thank you" was all in Hiragana)
For 'you're welcome' in Japanese, it is どういたしまして which is douitashimashite :D I say that a lot. Maybe I am too polite?

For Japanese, it is best to learn the basics first, and learn it well. Kanji is very hard, well, it is for me. Sometimes, I forget how to write a word, or forget that a kanji can be read in another way. It leads to interesting mistakes for me.:laugh:

Loopy-Senpai 元気 ?
元気です:thumbsup: You will also see 気 Ki kanji in words like 'tenki', for weather.

I mean I learned words in Japanese like 学生 "Student", and/or 中国人 "Chinese (Person) But I can't give a proper greetings?! :eek: I bring shame to myself! :'(
You will get there in the end. So far, you have a good start. :wink:Learning a language can take a lot of practice; and don't be scared to make mistakes. What helped me most was staying in Japan with friends for a while as part of my studies.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
For 'you're welcome' in Japanese, it is どういたしまして which is douitashimashite :D I say that a lot. Maybe I am too polite?

For Japanese, it is best to learn the basics first, and learn it well. Kanji is very hard, well, it is for me. Sometimes, I forget how to write a word, or forget that a kanji can be read in another way. It leads to interesting mistakes for me.:laugh:

元気です:thumbsup: You will also see 気 Ki kanji in words like 'tenki', for weather.

You will get there in the end. So far, you have a good start. :wink:Learning a language can take a lot of practice; and don't be scared to make mistakes. What helped me most was staying in Japan with friends for a while as part of my studies.

Glad to hear your fine good sir. I'm curious thou. In the word " 元気です " Why is the "U" not pronounced? Why is it "Gen Ki Des..." and not "Gen Ki DesU...?" Why do Japanese say "Des" and not "DesU?"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Glad to hear your fine good sir. I'm curious thou. In the word " 元気です " Why is the "U" not pronounced? Why is it "Gen Ki Des..." and not "Gen Ki DesU...?" Why do Japanese say "Des" and not "DesU?"
It depends on the person I guess. Sometimes I hear 'desuuu' but it is said more like a joke, or to exaggerate feelings. Usually, they say it so quickly that it does sound like 'des'.
I notice this also with 'moshi moshi' for answering the phone. Sometime it sounds like 'mosh mosh'. But maybe that is just my hearing? :tongue:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So I have this reviewer who's pretty cool and she's very quick to reply, but she likes to mention how all these different plot elements are improbable (and the fic's nowhere near finished, nor are any of the elements beginning to come together yet) and I'm just like:
tumblr_m7e2rjy8XI1rxc156o1_500_zpsuk4lk5hj.gif

Or, more accurately, "stop blowing logic-sized holes in my plot! D: "

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Peter Dinklage's performance in Destiny is like Bungie bothered him with phone calls for a few days calling him Tyrion and saying his voice was sexy enough for their game. He then thought, "Alright, I'm gonna read your stupid video game script, but I'm gonna hate f*ck every single word and deliver jokes like I'm on a competitive autism team."

After phoning it in, he collected the check and walked out flipping off the employees who's goofy smiles were now, finally slowly fading.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Loopy - Sama! (Yup, your "Lord" status now) Thanks for explaining that! That always confused me! I thought it was like おかさん (Mother) You don't say" O Ka A San" You would say "O Ka San". Because its a Long Vowel sound. Also thank you for showing me how to say "Your Welcome" as well!
You know, it helps quite a bit to speak Spanish when learning Japanese. Not only do you already understand that different languages have different structures but you also learn pronunciation with much more ease. That and you know what it takes to learn a 3rd language.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'm so nervous about today's interview. >.< lol I'm not even sure I might get it either. But if I do or don't at least I'm trying to get a job. Lol
Just relax. I mean worst thing that may happen to you is that you won't get this job. Just relax and try to act naturally. Those who are you talking to are only people, so most important is to left good impression :)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@EA9Sol Best of luck! ^^ I'm sure you'll do fine.

CT: My, my...we were not the least bit productive yesterday, were we? >.> Okay, sure...we beefed up what we'd written for Chapter 11, adding an extra 200 words or so, but still...we were supposed to finish that memory sequence two days ago. What...what happened? D:

Phenex: You decided reading a book was more important than shedding light on my past--that's what happened!

Me: *Winces* Well, when you put it that way...I'm sorry, Phe. :frown: I'll make it up to you.

Phenex: *Smirks* It's not me you have to make it up to; apologize to Forneus and Gwen...they're the ones stuck seeing me in a kilt.

Me: Well, that's not entirely true; you do have breeches on, but... :laugh: Pfff-hahahaha! Still, you have a fair point, there. Okay, okay...I'll crack down, today. You have my word.

Welp, better grab another cup of coffee...

Top Bottom