• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
But I can tell they are gonna try and connect all these characters together or somehow tie them to Bruce Wayne one way or another. And the thing about Batman's villains, yes they are the most interesting part in most Batman stories, but they are all very different. They are characters with their own agendas.

I think Gotham should be a straight up detective show in Gotham city with maybe a primary antagonist like Black Mask or something exploring the question, "is Gotham safer WITHOUT Batman?". Dabbling in Batman: Year One to drive that point and the story to even feature the occasional cameo by Batman himself.

What I just said or just a Gotham P.D. television adaption.

Being on Fox, I see Gotham lasting no more than 2 seasons though.

The great thing about tv, though, is that agendas and all that have a long time to be established. You don't have the time constraints of a movie; instead there's an entire season to spend on character development and plot, etc. So, unless the writer's run out of ideas or just aren't familiar with Batman at all, there's as decent of a chance of the characters being accurately depicted as there is a chance of the plot struggling without Bruce as the MC.

They probably will do a show like that eventually, but their current idea must have held some weight or it wouldn't have gotten the go ahead in the first place. :/ The thing is, every fan of the series has their personal idea of what is the best canon and what the most realistic way to depict any part of the series, but, when it comes down to it, no idea is gong to appease everyone. Gotham hasn't aired yet and so it's still very much up in the air about what it'll be like and how it'll work out. There's no saying it won't be a straight up detective-based show and there's no saying that it won't until we see it. All we can do is wait and reserve judgment until we've seen it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So you guys know that quantum mechanics changes when we observe it, and changes again when we don't observe it?
If it has the ability to change as such....
And I sincerely hope the 'pompous' insult was directed at the general science scholars and not at me.
Also, I think quantum mechanics is still in its infancy. There is too much to know that we still don't. So personally, I think to make a complex theory not yet fully explored into something as simple as 'this is how it is', is not realistic.

I do find it curious that quantum theory allows for the theory of alternate worlds.
Makes me wonder how it interacts with the so called fourth dimension.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I was thinking more along the lines of Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction.
You saw the Jules reference in CAWS? "Ezekiel 25:17" on Fury's grave?

Lol, I'm so using that as my protagonist's name in my book lol.

To troll the readers you know -- "Cipher Rage" reference lol.

-- Fury Graves --

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

So you guys know that quantum mechanics changes when we observe it, and changes again when we don't observe it?
I do find it curious that quantum theory allows for the theory of alternate worlds.
So, if it changes if we don't observe it, doesn't that mean that it existed before the first person observed it?

Or did it not exist until that happened? That means we "created" it, right.

It's like an "abstract concept", only made physical.

No, I don't think you're pompous -- a little pretentious maybe, but not outright pompous.

And I really dislike the "other worlds" scenario: they probably exist, sure, but I'd hate to think of a reality where the Soviets actually opened nuclear fire (and won).

A world where the nukes were actually launched... *shudders*

And that gives me an excuse to show another Owlman clip (yet again):

Also, to quote Owlman:

Don't get in my way.

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
When adults say they weren't as bad as the youth of today, I react like this :rolleyes: I'm sure they did things that annoyed or angered their parents in their youth.

I remember throwing an ice cream at a bus, throwing pebbles on to the boater hats of a rival school and leaving a French writing lesson via the window just because I felt like it. :wink: So hopefully I won't become one of those adults who complains about younger people when I know I did some dumb stuff at school too.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Damn you for making me multi-quote:

When adults say they weren't as bad as the youth of today, I react like this :rolleyes: I'm sure they did things that annoyed or angered their parents in their youth.
Stop... I actually somewhat agree with this.

Stop... this doesn't actually mean that I think they deserve "more restrictions". No, I think they need less restrictions, actually. Young people actually know how to take care of themselves, despite what everyone says.

The whole "worse" thing to me means: It'll get worse before it gets better. People need freedom in order to straighten themselves out; otherwise, they'll just rebel even more against you out of spite.

I remember throwing an ice cream at a bus, throwing pebbles on to the boater hats of a rival school and leaving a French writing lesson via the window just because I felt like it. :wink: So hopefully I won't become one of those adults who complains about younger people when I know I did some dumb stuff at school too.
French... what? Never mind, that actually doesn't sound that bad. Anyway, throwing ice cream at a bus is something I would never do, and I've done some pretty effed up es way back when.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Damn you for making me multi-quote:

Stop... I actually somewhat agree with this.

Stop... this doesn't actually mean that I think they deserve "more restrictions". No, I think they need less restrictions, actually. Young people actually know how to take care of themselves, despite what everyone says.

The whole "worse" thing to me means: It'll get worse before it gets better. People need freedom in order to straighten themselves out; otherwise, they'll just rebel even more against you out of spite.
Mostly what I hear are things like teenage girls are going to get pregnant and ruin their lives; or they all get drunk, take drugs, or become violent and become members in gangs to steal from people.

It's not as bad as that. Besides, in every generation there are going to be a few people like that anyway. Nothing to be done there but have them live with the consequences of their poor choices. But it doesn't mean every singe teenager or young person is taking drugs, having unrestricted sex, pregnancy, or joining gangs.

I think young people should have autonomy, but at the same time, not every one of them is emotionally mature or able to see the consequences of what they do and how it will have an effect on their life later. That's why there are age limits on things like driving or voting....even then I think the age limits are too low for some of them. And while adults shouldn't be too restrictive, I think they need to play an active role in giving advice or trying to guide young people away from making bad mistakes instead of complaining when young people do mess up or go wrong.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Don't say that -- that's a religious devotee's explanation. What you should be saying is:

"The answer can't be proven yet, but one day, it very well might be."
OOHHH. I get it now.

Also, don't group all religiously devout people together, we're not all unreasonable.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
And while adults shouldn't be too restrictive, I think they need to play an active role in giving advice or trying to guide young people away from making bad mistakes instead of complaining when young people do mess up or go wrong.
but thats the funny thing about generation gaps and cultural evolution. adults will most often always fear the next generations path because of the new cultural mindset/nwo. mainly because we wouldn't know how to guide the next generation because it would be something new to us as well. thats why we would shun the nwo and the generation lumped into the nwo. so we will either do one of two things, be super restrictive and narrow minded towards our children, or do the exact opposite and be completely hands off and do nothing but wave our finger at them. just like the last generation did us, and the generation before them did it to them etc. keep in mind i'm being VERY generalistic here

berto

I Saw the Devil
but thats the funny thing about generation gaps and cultural evolution. adults will most often always fear the next generations path because of the new cultural mindset/nwo. mainly because we wouldn't know how to guide the next generation because it would be something new to us as well. thats why we would shun the nwo and the generation lumped into the nwo. so we will either do one of two things, be super restrictive and narrow minded towards our children, or do the exact opposite and be completely hands off and do nothing but wave our finger at them. just like the last generation did us, and the generation before them did it to them etc. keep in mind i'm being VERY generalistic here
Is this an American thing? We certainly have generational gaps in Mexico but by god does it seem tremendously more prevalent here.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
If it has the ability to change as such....
And I sincerely hope the 'pompous' insult was directed at the general science scholars and not at me.
Also, I think quantum mechanics is still in its infancy. There is too much to know that we still don't. So personally, I think to make a complex theory not yet fully explored into something as simple as 'this is how it is', is not realistic.

and this is why i always break the fourth wall. because none of this is really happening. because in a state of nothingness, EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING *winks at the camera*

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Finally I can try and go to sleep! I've been waiting for my parents to call me and say that they are settled on the plane and that the flight is going ok. Now I feel like the parent of my parents. :tongue:

Top Bottom