• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you sick of?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Sick of my Gran telling me to become a chef every time I see her. Recently, she's started telling me I need to open a restaurant. Uh, hello? Any idea how much it costs to: buy a premises, fix up the place, buy ingredients, pay staff, and, after all that, pay the bills? I've already expressed a lack of interest in becoming a chef. Why the hell would I want to spend all that money--money I don't even have, mind you--on something that probably isn't going to work out anyway? I'm beginning to think this is a secret anti-writing campaign of hers. It isn't working, but it certainly is making me feel bad about myself.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
(apologies to our American members here) Totally sick of seeing badly-constructed sentences in novels that read how they would sound if you were talking to an American person. It's a small thing but it can really ruin a decent novel for me when I see sentences like, "It will be a couple hours".

It's "a couple OF hours". I just cannot get my head around that. And in a fantasy novel set in a medieval-type world, it's pretty much unforgivable. Almost as bad is when you get someone using the word "okay" when it's meant to be sometime around the early AD era, setting-wise.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Everyone talking about who won E3...

Nintendo won E3!!1 Sony kicked everyones ass... Nintendo succkkss Microsoft won E3!!111

No... gamers won E3, with all the companies fighting to better each other WE the gamers won E3. Forget your platform bias and concentrate on what we are all here for... the games. Promote what you enjoy dont bash what you dislike.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Everyone talking about who won E3...

Nintendo won E3!!1 Sony kicked everyones ass... Nintendo succkkss Microsoft won E3!!111

No... gamers won E3, with all the companies fighting to better each other WE the gamers won E3. Forget your platform bias and concentrate on what we are all here for... the games. Promote what you enjoy dont bash what you dislike.
Dark Lord! Have you watched the YT vid of "It's okay to dislike, but don't be a dick about it?" That video said what you even said! :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dark Lord! Have you watched the YT vid of "It's okay to dislike, but don't be a **** about it?" That video said what you even said! :D

Cant say I have no but whole fanboy attitude is a plague to gaming and glad to see more and more people trying to steer clear of them and simply ignoring their comments on forums and under articles. Everyone has preferences and their own opinion on likes and dislikes but why the need for hostility and belittling comments to those that dont share your point of view?

I dont play DMC and im not really much of a Capcom fan in general but here I am helping run a DMC site. We are ALL gamers here for our love of gaming, who cares what you play them on?

MigsRZXAStylish

Cant say I have no but whole fanboy attitude is a plague to gaming and glad to see more and more people trying to steer clear of them and simply ignoring their comments on forums and under articles. Everyone has preferences and their own opinion on likes and dislikes but why the need for hostility and belittling comments to those that dont share your point of view?

I dont play DMC and im not really much of a Capcom fan in general but here I am helping run a DMC site. We are ALL gamers here for our love of gaming, who cares what you play them on?
I must agree. Thanks to those needing for hostility and belittling type of people, I can't enjoy the things I like which they like too! That is why I and others think sites like YouTube are no longer safe places for good, fair, and unbiased discussions...

Glad you didn't play but helping run a DMC site? Well, that is quite an offer! But you are right that we are all gamers here for our common love of gaming! :D

Dark Drakan

Admin
I must agree. Thanks to those needing for hostility and belittling type of people, I can't enjoy the things I like which they like too! That is why I and others think sites like YouTube are no longer safe places for good, fair, and unbiased discussions...

Glad you didn't play but helping run a DMC site? Well, that is quite an offer! But you are right that we are all gamers here for our common love of gaming! :D

I don't play it but I can see why people do & enjoy it, it's just not for me personally. Not going to belittle people for their enjoyment of it. There are plenty of things people enjoy that I personally don't but doesn't make their opinion any less valid than my own. There is no right or wrong when opinions are concerned.

Everyone has a little fanboy/fangirl inside them about something, just because someone doesn't act out over every little thing doesn't mean they aren't a fanboy/fangirl, just means that particular cord hasn't been struck yet.

Yeah I can agree with that as everyone has a passion for something & will disagree with someone else's point of view. However there's no need to be an ignorant close minded hostile individual when conversing with people & exchanging those "opinions".

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Sick of this sore throat coming back. It's making it impossible to make myself heard in a classroom...and then it makes me strain my voice on top of that. :dead: I'll have no voice left by the end of the week.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
my mother's attitude and actions contradict her goals. i try my best to avoid it, but she is becoming a burden. i can't afford to find a place of my own, seeing as how this city is no longer designed for people of my economic stature. however, i am contemplating facing homelessness if (and it most likely will) her behavior continues.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
my mother's attitude and actions contradict her goals. i try my best to avoid it, but she is becoming a burden. i can't afford to find a place of my own, seeing as how this city is no longer designed for people of my economic stature. however, i am contemplating facing homelessness if (and it most likely will) her behavior continues.
I know it's easy to say, but try and stick at it a bit longer until you are able to move out properly. Or maybe stay with a friend?

KRSkull

I am sick and tired of those ****ing people who keeps saying " you remind me of your father" or " you're just like your father" there is no ****ing way on earth that i am like my father. He was and still a better man. SO **** YOU PEOPLE.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Sick of people praising games with words that sound like sales pitches. Seriously, do you even have your own opinion, or are you only capable of parroting marketing lingo to make yourself feel better about accepting mediocre games? It's like talking to a six-year-old... they've got hardly any argumentation skills, and can hardly think critically. They make tons of grammar mistakes too.
F*ck, I'm sick of this forum for a while - no offense intended. I've got to learn to relax again.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Okay okay, stop me if you've heard this one
It's a horror movie? Right?
Dumbass who splits away from the group for no good reason what so ever meets his inevitable death. Despite this, every other character feels compelled to do it.
It's not this that is the part that annoys me, it's that this usually is in a horror movie that relies more on tone and environment than the actual monster.
This isn't only annoying because it usually is an unrealistic setting, but because it degrades the actual status of the monster.
If you're monster is about as dangerous as the average man with a knife, then no matter how much psychological damage the protagonist receives, no matter how much tension and suspense are in the dark environment, the core aspect of the movie is ruined. The monster itself is what I came to be scared by. The environment and tone are there to compliment the movie so that it isn't a slaughterfest, but at the same time, I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of the huge ****ing dismembered cannibal thing. So make him do something scary!

MigsRZXAStylish

@Dark Drakan
Right you are!

I am sick of having skin allergy to dust. In my new workplace, it's dusty and my job is too dusty too. So I itch on my face.

I am also sick of having facial hair. Not only does it make me look older, but I am also having an allergic skin reaction to it!
To follow this up, I am also sick of my hair growing so fast and easy! Even if the barber shaved it off bald, it keeps growing back! :(

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Another classic BS moment for me ( probably because I play Ace Attorney a lot as a kid, causing me to pursue a career in Criminal Justice, I know the court isn't nearly as exciting, but the same moral principles apply)
Picture this, it's a celebrity trial, gossip mags and social media warriors start getting involved in a court they normally
don't give a crap about.
Normally, I don't give crap about these kinds of opinions
. But to always hear the same "the law is corrupt because lawyers" always makes me cringe. Because not only do they ever actually tackle the 'corrupt' parts of the court proceedings in specific, but the only complaint I ever hear is "Lawyers are always dishonest"
No, their job isn't to TELL the truth, it's to use evidence and logic among credibility and professionalism. To create and disprove theories to FIND it.
Any self-respecting lawyer who's client confesses the crime to them, would automatically suggest the guilty plea.
So, if you could stop pretending to know about this stuff and go back to reporting on the photoshopped pictures of Obama cheating on his wife. America would be a lot less stupid.
Also since you guys loved my last complaint in this topic.
Another monster movie trope I hate:
Hiding the monster.
I'm not talking Predator or Cloverfield where it's a build up thing. I'm talking those movies that NEVER bother to show us the full thing.
The idea of leaving the monster in a horror movie up to the viewers imagination is not only pointless, but it shows a lack of faith in the crew's design skills.
It's not like showing a body and making us cringe at the thought of the brutal death.
Basically, it's telling me to scare myself, instead of taking the time and effort to show the creature is scary
The idea behind being scared by your imagination isn't that common in adults, it works under certain circumstances, but once you grow up, you tend to gain more control over it and the things you imagine isn't as crazy as a movie monster.
Before the full reveal in Cloverfield, the movie made sure to show enough of the monster to prove to us it was deformed and terrifying.
In movies like Blair Witch, not a single aspect of the creature is shown, and with the setting of the movie. It might as well have been a werewolf.
You want to leave things to the imagination for a better scare effect? Fine, it CAN be done, but a picture is worth 1000 words when the paper ISN'T blank

Last edited:
Top Bottom