• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm reading "The Changelings: War of the Fae, Book One" by Elle Casey (only because Inkitt is hosting a Q and A with her, and I wanted to see what her work was like). I honestly don't know how to feel about it. On the plus side, it was a free Amazon/Kindle download onto my Tablet, so I can't complain on the financial front.

Current impression: I'm eight or nine chapters in, it's incredibly slow getting to the point of the story, and while the main character is amusing at times, her obnoxiousness goes into irritating territory really fast. I'm going to make myself finish it, just in case it turns out really good--but I don't have high hopes.

Edit: Twelve chapters in, and I gave up. I almost never do that with a book, so clearly this one wasn't my cup of tea.

Secondary edit to avoid double-posting: Currently reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and enjoying it so far. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
In what will go down as one of the best Star Wars fan theories of all-time, fans have been rocked by a theory that comic relief, most hated character Jar Jar Binks wasn't just a bumbling idiot that ****ed everyone off in the theaters. In fact, there’s nearly irrefutable evidence that his complete character was just an act to shield the fact that he himself is not only a trained force user but that he may have been one of the most influential and powerful leaders of the dark side.

http://unrealitymag.com/movies/was-...and-supreme-leader-tons-of-evidence-says-yes/

:jawdrop:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reading the comic book "RRR". Really good, here's my personal synopsis.

"At 27, Riki wants to be a rock star like his idol Jimi Hendrix. But a series of unfortunate events leaves him with no job and a young child to raise by himself. Out of desperation, he joins a reality tv show to earn cash, about taking people who need to lose weight and teach them boxing. Although his dreams of music are over, little did Riki know that a new legend was about to begin. The story of Japan's greatest Lightweight Boxer!"

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reading "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon; because when your neighbour lends a big book to you, and they're moving in 7 days--you have to accept that challenge. (That said, I'd probably devour it as quickly as I did Outlander anyway, deadline or not).

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
11573.jpg

Viper

Premium
Male Colors : The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan by Gary P. Leupp

I can't say how reliable it is as a source, but it's a decent read.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just caught up on the more recent chapters of a couple of stories I've been reading on Wattpad: A Dance of Shadows by Hob-Goblin, and Remember Me by Christopher Pike (I need to buy this book).

Now I'm starting on Inkheart by Cornelia Funke; there's just something about having a solid book in your hands, one that you know on sight alone is going to do for you just what every other great book has done--make you feel whole. ^^

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reading "Deadman's Land" by Ryan Roberts.

I don't normally read pastiches, but this was such an interesting idea that I had to give it a go. It's about Doctor Watson during WWI, there's a serial killer in the trenches and the good doctor decides to play detective.

It reads completely differently from Conan Doyle and is a very interesting period mystery.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Still behind, but I'm slowly catching up on all I've missed of Noblesse.
LAZARK! NO! D: -sobs in a corner- I have to admit, it was a brilliant death. No other main character (good character, that is) has died at this point and Lazark is such a good guy that they honestly couldn't have picked a better person to use to show just how hard it's going to be to beat the Union. But oh my goggies, my heart is broken. T-T

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Since my last reading entry:

I've re-read all three books from The Paper Magician series (The Paper Magician, The Glass Magician, and The Master Magician) by Charlie N. Holmberg, London Shadows by J.L. Weaver, and The Dresden Files, Book One: Storm Front by Jim Butcher.

Currently re-reading The Dresden Files, Book Two: Fool Moon, and will be reading Book Three: Grave Peril after (since I intend on buying Book Four soon; need to refresh my memory a bit).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Re-reading one of my favourite novels from my childhood, "When Marnie Was There".

Mainly reading it in preparation for when the Ghibli film comes to the UK. Saddened that they moved the setting from Norfolk to Hokkaido. I would have loved to have seen Norfolk animated.

Top Bottom