• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you doing?Either at home,work or somewhere.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sBitch;296388 said:
Hopping around the internet. Still p***ed at the fact ebay is now mostly paypal.
I thought it was all Paypal... as a seller I *have* to use Paypal or I can't sell on eBay at all. The main reason for it - I suspect - is so that eBay can take their fees right out of your bank account, no more of the old harassing people for fee money, it just disappears when they want it. And the other reason... eBay owns Paypal, so they take their fees from the eBay sales, and then when you want your Paypal money put into your account eBay charges you *again* for the service of transferring your money through Paypal. They force everyone to use Paypal, sellers and buyers, because it makes them even more money.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Lexy;296430 said:
I thought it was all Paypal... as a seller I *have* to use Paypal or I can't sell on eBay at all. The main reason for it - I suspect - is so that eBay can take their fees right out of your bank account, no more of the old harassing people for fee money, it just disappears when they want it. And the other reason... eBay owns Paypal, so they take their fees from the eBay sales, and then when you want your Paypal money put into your account eBay charges you *again* for the service of transferring your money through Paypal. They force everyone to use Paypal, sellers and buyers, because it makes them even more money.

Wow, they've got their heads screwed on... (blood sucking b-stards :mad: Thanks ebay...) I will never use that site again... probably... well, its highly unlikely now anyway.
I dread to think what ebay charges for everything.

I'm 'watching' Star Trek Generations and trying to catch up on Deviant art... everyone has been so busy.

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
Waiting for Machinima to publish bite me ep 6,civil protection the tunnel,freemans mind 31 :\ freemans mind 30 is out :D
watching tv,playing oblivion,listening music

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sBitch;296458 said:
Wow, they've got their heads screwed on... (blood sucking b-stards :mad: Thanks ebay...) I will never use that site again... probably... well, its highly unlikely now anyway.
I dread to think what ebay charges for everything.

I'm 'watching' Star Trek Generations and trying to catch up on Deviant art... everyone has been so busy.
These days they charge about 10% of whatever you make plus whatever they charged for you listing it, plus whatever Paypal takes for the privilege of being paid through it. But there is subtle sorcery at work in there which means that if I sell a bunch of stuff and earn about £200 on there, they'll actually be taking at least a quarter of that back off me. Someone who used to work for eBay clarified to me that it's set up so that small sellers will never turn a decent profit, only powersellers. I only use it so I can get exposure to my things, and then I put leaflets in for the customers that suggest they check out my site or my Etsy instead, because eBay is the monster of Corporate Greed incarnate!

As for me right now I am debating wether to watch another ep of Trek TNG now or later.

Top Bottom