• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

Jordan Cantu

Hello I'm new here.

I know that in terms of sales its taking the pipe pretty badly and its bombing horribly.

But what are the chances that Capcom will let NT continue or give them another chance?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
pretty low.
Considering DmC didn't do that good in terms of sales, and the already built up hate from one side of the majority of fans, I doubt it will see the light of day anymore.
But hey, at least there's the chance of actually getting a DMC game in general. However, Capcom didn't say they were done with making games with NT, so you never know. But for now, it's looking like no.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Hm.

Well, games that have sold worse have been given sequels.

I don't think Capcom would let DmC2 simply rot away like they did with Megaman. I can see a DmC2 sequel being made when Capcom is in a better financial situation, and has more money to spend.
pretty low.
Considering DmC didn't do that good in terms of sales, and the already built up hate from one side of the majority of fans, I doubt it will see the light of day anymore.
But hey, at least there's the chance of actually getting a DMC game in general. However, Capcom didn't say they were done with making games with NT, so you never know. But for now, it's looking like no.

Also, what in the hell is going on in your sig? I really must know, those black things look cool as ****!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
DmC2 is not gonna happen anytime soon, it MIGHT happen, but not soon. I think DMC5 will come first and bring back the original Dante, wrap up the original story, make old fans happy then in time when the hate has calmed down and us old fans have our DMC5, DmC2 could happen.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Asking this question is like asking "Will I ever get married?"

The only one who knows is the magic conch

let us ask it

Magic conch, will DmC 2 come out

images

tumblr_m6ixnu1S351r6xi5l.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Who knows. As others have said, it didn't sell well. On the other hand, sequels have been made even when the previous game didn't sell too good.

I can't see DMC5 happening in the near future either. It's been too long without a DMC game, it's been out of the public eye for too long, and there are still people saying they would never buy DMC5 just to teach Capcom a lesson because of DmC.

Capcom just need to sit down and have a good long thing before they make an offical announcement regarding the future of DmC or DMC.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I wont be surprised if capcom scraps DMC all together, They dont seem to care about it at all. They're too busy with their other games which sell more than DMC.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
now that there's enough hate built up for new coke, they'll bust out classic coke and drown in an avalanche of money

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
who cares anymore? i really would want a sequel but i doubt it. its best you leave your hopes behind and just forget about it. i think devil may cry is gonna be done for a long time

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
Well...

There were rumours about 2 weeks into DmC's release, that DmC 2 was in the works. I don't know if they would stop the future project because of sales, but personally, I hope they don't. Hopefully, NT knows what needs to be done in order to make DmC 2 better, lets just hope they do.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Well...

There were rumours about 2 weeks into DmC's release, that DmC 2 was in the works. I don't know if they would stop the future project because of sales, but personally, I hope they don't. Hopefully, NT knows what needs to be done in order to make DmC 2 better, lets just hope they do.
I think I know the article you're talking about. Capcom was talking about how they wanted to really tighten up the schedules so they could make more DMC games faster than they have in the past, and they mentioned that preproduction had already begun for the next game. Can't find the article at the moment so don't quote me on it, I'll hunt for it later

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
pretty low.

False, chances are the same for any capcom game at this point, game sold well...I'd say it may take a few year, but we will see more of Devil May Cry...

I mean Megaman Starforce got 2 sequels..FFS!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
False, chances are the same for any capcom game at this point, game sold well...I'd say it may take a few year, but we will see more of Devil May Cry...

I mean Megaman Starforce got 2 sequels..FFS!

I would wager that a game "selling well" doesn't hold high in Capcom's mind.

Given how much they put on getting high sales and how this whole reboot was built on surpassing the previous series in and reaching a wider audience.

Its great to be optimistic and hopeful, I would actually like to see DmC improve and grow with a sequel, but I can't deny that looking at Capcom's business practices and what they where aiming for with DmC that a sequel looks slim.

Top Bottom