• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Isn't Red a hero color like with the Red Power Ranger always being the leader?
Yep, I heard the same thing. Red, in japanese culture/symobls, is a hero colour, as contrasted to blue- the colour of the villain who constitutes the other side of the coin: Vergil, in this case, but also, for example Naruto and Sasuke, or Alucard and Father Andersen in Hellsing (those are the only examples I now remeber as first-hand experience, but I think there may be more).
A friend told me about this, so I'm not entirely sure, but, well, it seemed to work imho...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My god, what a rip off lol! :lol:

I actually hope they bring Jester/Arkham back in a DmC2. Despite Jester having some really sinister moments, I thought he was funny too and was good comic relief [dancing away from the bullets XD]. The character worked.
I knew he was inspired by the Joker. Arkham being the jester character. As a comic book fanatic it wasn't hard for me to piece together he was inspired by our giggly inmate from Arkham Asylum.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Maybe when Ninja Theory was hired for that reboot because of their "amazing writing skills" people expected from them not doing exactly same thing?
Ninja Theory did Heavenly Sword and Enslaved which had great narratives. The gameplay itself didn't really hold up but, those games could make some pretty good television series or something. I liked the unique spin on Journey To The West in Enslaved because I like the original story.

When you look at the early concepts, this game was something entirely different. Dante had more of a biker look to him and the game just really looked like it was going to be darker with maybe some kind of tone that's seen in comic books like Blade, Constantine, Spawn, or Hellboy. To be honest, I would want to play that game instead.

Domenic93

Ninja Theory did Heavenly Sword and Enslaved which had great narratives. The gameplay itself didn't really hold up but, those games could make some pretty good television series or something. I liked the unique spin on Journey To The West in Enslaved because I like the original story.

When you look at the early concepts, this game was something entirely different. Dante had more of a biker look to him and the game just really looked like it was going to be darker with maybe some kind of tone that's seen in comic books like Blade, Constantine, Spawn, or Hellboy. To be honest, I would want to play that game instead.
you mean the games were they commisioned award winning writers to write the script for them?:
the writer for heavenly sword had to gut everything but the basic character ideas
for enslaved tameem wanted Monkey to kick a slave out of a plane to his death to show he was a badass.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Wow.... the elitists will never let that go, will they?

I'm just glad Capcom is most likely going back to DMC5. As long as the detractors stop complaining, it would probably be better for all of us. -.-

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
You and me both, pal.

Too bad we'll never get that chance due to the elitists. :(
Wow.... the elitists will never let that go, will they?

I'm just glad Capcom is most likely going back to DMC5. As long as the detractors stop complaining, it would probably be better for all of us. -.-

Oh please, don't use that stupid "blame the elitists" crap. It's such a scapegoat trick.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh please, don't use that stupid "blame the elitists" crap. It's such a scapegoat trick.
Besides, who are these 'The Elitists'? I see the word used a bit with DmC, but no explaination. So who are they? They sound like some sort of conspiriacy group:p

Martius

SSSmokin!
Besides, who are these 'The Elitists'? I see the word used a bit with DmC, but no explaination. So who are they? They sound like some sort of conspiriacy group:p
Elitists are in same groups as Jews, cyclist, reptilians and masons.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Flamers, trolls, biased individuals, and just unpleasant people in general.

Edit: I would like to request that this thread be closed before it escalates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom