• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Well, that's a letdown..."

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Well I think some of Bayoneeta's boss fights were the best to be found in any action game. True Jubelius was a bit dissapointing, but I haven't seen anything as good as like you said Father Balder or Aseir. The Aseir fight is in outer space which is epic on such a grand scale.

I quite like the Alurane boss fight as well.

You can tell that these guys were coming from the Mundus boss fight that took place in outer space in DMC1. DmC should've featured something similar with Mundus with how Platinum Games did Aseir.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Aesir, I've actually really liked him too. I think I simply don't enjoy really big bosses like The Savior or Insidious. I think it simply felt weird because, lets say in Insidious' case, you didn't fly to the eye of the boss, it felt more like the boss flew towards you so you can hit him in the eye. I think big bosses like Temperantia were done a little better because you actually felt in control where you went.

So yeah, I'd say that I simply don't like big bosses but I do agree that Bayonetta has done these kind of bossfights the best out of any game I played. Encounters like Aesir, Father Balder and Masked Lumen are also unforgettable.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I agree with what you said, I was expecting to fight Arkham's Sparda form. That being said most disappointing for me was Vergil in DmC (in the original release, DE fixed it up for the most part) all 6 fights in DMC1/DMC3 were awesome, I just found him too easy.

Judge

i don't think any one mentioned DMC2 because the whole game was kind of a let down
and this is coming from some one who enjoys DMC2

if i had to pick a boss from DMC2 it would have to be tateobesu (the fish you only fight in lucia's disc)
that thing on Lucia must die is the worst boss of the whole series hands down

on normal difficulty it turns invisible for a moment to throw you off
but on LMD it's invisible for the entire duration of the fight you can't lock on so your just shooting/dropping bombs blindly at it for 30 mins

i can't say i even have a dislike for any other boss in the series i'm pretty easy to please
but that fish is a huge **** up

I actually mentioned the DMC2 a few posts back. I said how I thought the Despair Embodied was actually a great boss fight.

Most of DMC2 is disapointing, so I don't really consider the boss fights disapointing. Their pretty much in line with the overall quality of the game, except a few good bosses and a few good bits.

Its true though, that giant electric eel fish thing is awful. Mazui!!

Meg

Same as Meg. Mundus from DmC. For being demon king he was one big joke. Not only he was essentially reskinned Succubus, he is probably one of the most underwhelming boss fights and left me with impression that his claims about his own power are severely overblown.
You mean "same as berto"? :tongue:

As for me, all of the DmC bosses were underwhelming. Well no. Actually the Hunter was a pretty good first boss. Not on the same level as previous games, but still pretty good. All the other bosses were just blah.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
You mean "same as berto"? :tongue:

As for me, all of the DmC bosses were underwhelming. Well no. Actually the Hunter was a pretty good first boss. Not on the same level as previous games, but still pretty good. All the other bosses were just blah.
Ah, sorry :tongue: My only excuse is that I typed it 10 mins after I woke up and saw "staff" badge xD Well since its about disappointing bosses, and never expected much from other bosses, I didn't mentioned it. Unlike Mundus who supposed to be big bad :)

Reactions: Meg

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
All these good points makes me rethink it. Stuck between DmC Mundus and...nah he's the biggest disappointment. A friggin' Demon King and that's what we get? We don't even get a Sons of Sparda team-up like the Arkham fight. Just damn sad.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
All these good points makes me rethink it. Stuck between DmC Mundus and...nah he's the biggest disappointment. A friggin' Demon King and that's what we get? We don't even get a Sons of Sparda team-up like the Arkham fight. Just damn sad.
The music during that fight was atrocious.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The whole point about the final Arkham fight is that he's not suppose to take a true form of Sparda or really anything close. I wouldn't call it uncreative, it was intentional, especially to the story. Not to mention how Arkham's real 'form' was in the disguise of Jester to trick everybody.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
The whole point about the final Arkham fight is that he's not suppose to take a true form of Sparda or really anything close. I wouldn't call it uncreative, it was intentional, especially to the story. Not to mention how Arkham's real 'form' was in the disguise of Jester to trick everybody.
Oh dear Sparda (get it? :D) Jester was a DT...

Top Bottom