• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Well, that's a letdown..."

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What was your most disappointing boss fight in the entire franchise?

Mind you, not the worst, but the most disappointing.

For me, it was Arkham in DMC3.

I mean, when I saw this:

24lpvr5.png

I said "Awesome, I'm about to fight Sparda DTed Arkham!", but nope, he turned into that blob thing instead, and that's what I got as a boss. Really, Dante's face was exactly like mine:

156slc8.gif

I mean yeah, I guess it makes sense story wise, but dude, how much cooler would it have been if Arkham had stayed in Sparda form? It would have been the closest thing to Dante vs Sparda ever! And oh my God, imagine Dante and Vergil vs Sparda! Man, such a letdown it was...

What about you?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The old dude from DMC 4. Such a boring and stupid boss fight.

Why, did you expect something any different? I already had the feeling that boss fight was not gonna be great, cause guy was just an old dude, demonic power or not, so I didn't really get disappointed.

KRSkull

Gigapede and Lady DMC3

Both are just not challenging enough.

I mean they could have made fighting Lady more fun and challenging.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Why, did you expect something any different? I already had the feeling that boss fight was not gonna be great, cause guy was just an old dude, demonic power or not, so I didn't really get disappointed.

I mean when you see Nero and Sanctus firing waves of force into each other, which causes explosions, it looks pretty cool. Then you realize that all the boss wants to do is to kite you.

As for me though, it's the Doppelganger fight. It had a pretty cool theme but it was way too easy.

Judge

Has to be Mundus from DmC. So much potential for an epic showdown, but it was a good fight, but I think we were all expecting more from the big bad's long awaited return after DMC1.

Then after you've played Bayonetta 1 and 2, pretty much every boss from the DMC games are disappointing compared to those boss fights.

One of the boss fights I like a lot supprisingly was the Dispair Embodied from DMC2. What a boss fight that was.

Boss fights like the Gigapede, the Leviathan heart, Doppleganger and Nevan I found to be lackluster, so I don't consider them disapointing. They were quantity over quality.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Then after you've played Bayonetta 1 and 2, pretty much every boss from the DMC games are disappointing compared to those boss fights.

Interesting. I actually think most bossfights from Bayonetta are pretty garbage with few exceptions like Balder and maybe the demon boss who ate Jeanne (The Creator is actually in my opinion the most disappointing bossfight of all time). The problem which I found is that in most cases you can carelessly spam dodge and you won't get punished for it. A lot of them also felt like more of interactive cinematics than actual bossfights for me (it was a bit better in Bayo2's case but still meh). In DMC you need more of a timing when it comes to dodging, which made the bossfights way more challenging for me. I also hate how bosses just get pushed back when you are in the DT like state in Bayonetta.

Exejpgwmv

Yeah, gotta go with Arkham form DMC3 as well.
That fight could have been so cool, but nope, blob monster and they take way your styles.

Judge

Interesting. I actually think most bossfights from Bayonetta are pretty garbage with few exceptions like Balder and maybe the demon boss who ate Jeanne (The Creator is actually in my opinion the most disappointing bossfight of all time). The problem which I found is that in most cases you can carelessly spam dodge and you won't get punished for it. A lot of them also felt like more of interactive cinematics than actual bossfights for me (it was a bit better in Bayo2's case but still meh). In DMC you need more of a timing when it comes to dodging, which made the bossfights way more challenging for me. I also hate how bosses just get pushed back when you are in the DT like state in Bayonetta.

Well I think some of Bayoneeta's boss fights were the best to be found in any action game. True Jubelius was a bit dissapointing, but I haven't seen anything as good as like you said Father Balder or Aseir. The Aseir fight is in outer space which is epic on such a grand scale.

I quite like the Alurane boss fight as well.

You can tell that these guys were coming from the Mundus boss fight that took place in outer space in DMC1. DmC should've featured something similar with Mundus with how Platinum Games did Aseir.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's a video game, a Devil May Cry one, he could have been whatever they wanted to be a good boss fight, but just like nearly all the characters in that game, he was also lame and stupid.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Odd that no one's mentioned any of the bosses from DMC2. I can't pick one seeing as practically ALL the bosses (Except Despair Embodied, Bolverk, and Phantom) were a giant let-down. Buuuuut if I gotta choose one it'd be Trismagia.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Odd that no one's mentioned any of the bosses from DMC2. I can't pick one seeing as practically ALL the bosses (Except Despair Embodied, Bolverk, and Phantom) were a giant let-down. Buuuuut if I gotta choose one it'd be Trismagia.

i don't think any one mentioned DMC2 because the whole game was kind of a let down
and this is coming from some one who enjoys DMC2

if i had to pick a boss from DMC2 it would have to be tateobesu (the fish you only fight in lucia's disc)
that thing on Lucia must die is the worst boss of the whole series hands down

on normal difficulty it turns invisible for a moment to throw you off
but on LMD it's invisible for the entire duration of the fight you can't lock on so your just shooting/dropping bombs blindly at it for 30 mins

i can't say i even have a dislike for any other boss in the series i'm pretty easy to please
but that fish is a huge **** up

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Just want to point out that here, you have to say your most disappointing boss fight, not the worst. Like, you had really high expectations and the fight turned out to be nothing like you imagined.

It doesn't necessarily have to be bad, just disappointing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The entire franchise?

Mundus in DmC. He actually places himself in front of you for the purposes of you ripping out his eye. Twice. Not to mention how less than impressive it is in general. When I play DmC I dread playing this boss and only do it to move on to the next stage or unlock trophies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Same as Meg. Mundus from DmC. For being demon king he was one big joke. Not only he was essentially reskinned Succubus, he is probably one of the most underwhelming boss fights and left me with impression that his claims about his own power are severely overblown.

Top Bottom