• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WEAPONS U WANT IN DMC5 ?

Reign

Summoned Swords, I didn't forget those.

A wrist blade like an assassin's?

Gauntlets like those? I don't see how.

I thought also he can use a staff-like weapon. A yari, halberd, naginata, kwan dao?

And since Nero has Yamato now, what sword can Vergil use to replace it till he gets it back?

Aquila's stars can suit him.

Any weapon that makes him look a like a gentleman.

Wristblade.
5534084627_fcacc1230f_z.jpg

The gauntlets would look more along the lines of
BRAKOR-_GAUNTLET.jpg

I think he'd be great at using all of these at once and it'd be a wink to Masamune Date

LGIM0260.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wristblade.
5534084627_fcacc1230f_z.jpg

The gauntlets would look more along the lines of
BRAKOR-_GAUNTLET.jpg

I think he'd be great at using all of these at once and it'd be a wink to Masamune Date

LGIM0260.jpg

Now I get it on the gauntlets. If they're to replace Beowulf.

Guess he'll get special katanas in that style. Still a staff will be a good addition too.

Perhaps he can get a bladed bow too.

A long sword to replace Force Edge. He may need something like that.

Reign

Now I get it on the gauntlets. If they're to replace Beowulf.

Guess he'll get special katanas in that style. Still a staff will be a good addition too.

Perhaps he can get a bladed bow too.

A long sword to replace Force Edge. He may need something like that.

It's hard to place weapons on a guy that has shown us that his main weapon is more suitable for all situations. Lol.

A staff would be stylish, double edged would work really well for him. I'd like for him to have a detachable double edge, much like Dante has with Agni and Rudra. Some good ideas you've brought.

The gauntlets would be teleportation and strength based, using his physical speed to mobilize the heavy gauntlets to deal skull shattering blows. Imagine when Vergil blew Dante away in DmC. I know I said "Shhhhhhhh**!" when it happened.

Reign

Vergil uses his Nelo Angelo , as a heavy Ultra greatsword.

Instead of that, how about he just raids Dante's shop and takes whatever he wants from previous games and uses them much more differently? I'd love to see him use Vendetta cause his greatsword as Nelo Angelo burned away..

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think Dante needs a staff. A staff like the NyoiBoi. (Aka the Power Pole) A staff that can generally kick butt but also extend or shrink depending on Dante's attack or style. So picture Dante with Kilik's bad assness, and Son Goku's extending staff.
Oh man... Excuse me while I change my pants. :eek:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The ability to take enemy weapons and use them for a short time would be kinda cool.
Giving me some major El Shaddai vibes there. That was a good game...

Anyway, I want the guns to actually be useful this time. They don't have to cause lots of damage, instead think up interesting applications for them. Maybe give them a random chance to stun enemies for more melee damage or something.

Gray Knight

A shield that Dante directly bashes people with and go all captain america on everybody.
Mentioned before but an extending staff much like Sun Wu Kong's (Fighting an equally arrogant monkey demon would be a fun way to acquire it)
If bayonetta didn't already do it I'd have suggested ice skates, but an exclusive kick weapon (no punches just legs kicks) to off the classic cqc weapon with a twist wouldn't be too bad of an addition.
For something unconventional and silly, some type of ball weapon that returns to dante? It would be a demonic flail but Dante treating it like a soccer ball or a foot ball depending upon the move. Perhaps it could be paired with a hammer to be some demonic croquet game?
I believe the Scythe could actually have more be done with it as a concept because the scythes we've seen tend to act kind of like axes or swords gameplay wise. Perhaps a scythe with decent reach but the press of another button while it's extended pulls the blade back sharply and fast.

berto

I Saw the Devil
A chainsaw or gauntlets with sawblades on the back of the hand.
Lucifer like drills.
Two thin blades. Not like Bayonetta, that was a mix of something between middle Eastern and scissor and it was cool but not what I have in mind. Something more European or even Asian, circular styles, different from his direct broadsword style.
Just the two handed style here:
There are also Roman 2 sword fights. Seen them in Gladiator, King Arthur, and a Jackie Chan movie called Dragon Blade.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hm, what about...no weapons?

Instead, Dante solves a ton of puzzles and defeats enemies by talking his way out of situations.

"No, this is MY pizza!".

Anyway, I'd like those wrist-blades. Not sure about the chainsaw idea. A chain that he can use similar to DmC would be neat.

I also like the thought of them giving more purpose/usefulness to the guns.

Top Bottom