• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We want to return of to Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Virago;298595 said:
I wouldn't mind Vergil showing up in the DmC reboot. He's an iconic character for the series.

But Vergil is over and done in the white hair series.

My thoughts exactly. Vergil doesn't have a reason to return in DMC, but he will most likely appear in DmC because Dante is subject B in a set, and he was born fifteen minutes after Vergy, right? So it's very likely Vergil is subject A.

Asmodaius

I would love to see a rebooted version of Vergil starring in this game. His looks in DMC3 and his Nelo Angelo version looked rather bland to me, but hopefully they will do better this time, should he appear. ^^

I like the whole Dante/Vergil relationship, Dante being rebellious and not wanting to acknowledge his demonic heritage while Vergil fully accepts it. The story of DMC3 wasn't one of the better ones, however, the Dante/Vergil scenes made the game awesome.

Devil Hunter John Joko

Asmodaius;298606 said:
I would love to see a rebooted version of Vergil starring in this game. His looks in DMC3 and his Nelo Angelo version looked rather bland to me, but hopefully they will do better this time, should he appear. ^^

I like the whole Dante/Vergil relationship, Dante being rebellious and not wanting to acknowledge his demonic heritage while Vergil fully accepts it. The story of DMC3 wasn't one of the better ones, however, the Dante/Vergil scenes made the game awesome.
I absolutely agree with you.That's why i think Vergil should return to the dmc series,because he might be the only way to save this game fron total failure...

Asmodaius

Devil Hunter John Joko;298613 said:
I absolutely agree with you.That's why i think Vergil should return to the dmc series,because he might be the only way to save this game fron total failure...

Aha, well, I'm not agreeing with you on that. Vergil would be a nice addition, but he won't be the turning point for me on this game. I've liked it since the first trailer.

Chakra Tu Valliere

Ok, i am getting to the grips with this being Dante's "Younger" self (Barely getting over :p ) but i've read alot of peoples views about Dante's new Look and no one so far has mentioned Vergil's appearance until i read this topic, if Vergil would be in DmC it would in the sense that Dante and Vergil are twin brothers which would mean Vergil looked like this in a similar manner but just different clothing style.
Which in some views of people who love classic is kind of .... Unbearable or.... unimaginable in some peoples words :S (Admittedly mine also :D ). But considering Vergil's looks like This "Teen" Dante They would both have Black hair with white patch even though they were naturally silver white and there Eyes area dark brown-ish color when there eyes are naturally blue which would throw off (Some) peoples perception of Dante/Vergil. Though you could picture a more colder hearted Teen then Dante from the first trailer alone i don't actually see there being a way of Vergil being inside the game which would be a shame because Vergil kicks Devil butt!!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not against Vergil being in this game because if this game is a prequel like they say it is then we could see what led to their falling out and the enmity they had with each other in DMC3 which was never fully explained in the old series. Heck how Dante and Vergil lived during the years between the attack on them as kids to the events of DMC3 was never really explained.
But then again if they have Vergil in the game and it turns out to be a reboot then all the more power to them because Vergil, being Dante's twin brother and the series's resident anti-hero, deserves to be in the reboot more than any one else. Even though, technically i hope that all characters get a second chance to shine in ways that they couldn't in the old series. besides there aren't that many characters in Devil may cry compared to other series. i think the actual number of characters is around 57 in total.
I think Vergil's appearance is closer to his actual appearance in Devil May cry with him having more white hair than Dante because he uses his demon powers more and chooses to develop the more magical abilities he has at his disposal than Dante. He is probably dressed in a immaculate Blue suit and with a rapier called Legacy at his disposal if they chose to get rid of yamato or both.
the only flaw of DMC3 as a game was that they decided to add a vergil play through as a afterthought and they put no real effort into it. In all fairness vergil just became a skin for Dante to use. So if Ninja Theory manages to fix that mistake and avoid in DmC then that's all the reason i need to buy this game. If they cant manage to make Vergil work as a alternate playable character in time for the game's release and decide to cut it and recycle it as a DLc, then thats cool too.

Azurel

I would love for Vergil to be in this game. I think that either he'll go for a Yakuza suit or maybe even something similar to his dark blue silk coat look from Devil May Cry 3. They will most likely keep Yamato though. I don't think that even Ninja Theory will take the o-katana away from him.

However, I do believe that he will no longer have summoned swords. V for Vendetta throwing blades or shurikens might be more likely for a long range weapon of his type. Him having the summoned swords made him slightly overpowered in my opinion, so they might need to balance that out.

However, if anyone disagrees, that's fine, I just never found myself using summoned swords and always used Round Trip or something like that for long range attacks instead. I just preferred to never use guns or any other weapon of that sort.

However, I usually played as Dante with Royalguard anyway, so I never used Vergil that much to begin with.

Chakra Tu Valliere

Z218;298760 said:
I'm not against Vergil being in this game because if this game is a prequel like they say it is then we could see what led to their falling out and the enmity they had with each other in DMC3 which was never fully explained in the old series. Heck how Dante and Vergil lived during the years between the attack on them as kids to the events of DMC3 was never really explained.
But then again if they have Vergil in the game and it turns out to be a reboot then all the more power to them because Vergil, being Dante's twin brother and the series's resident anti-hero, deserves to be in the reboot more than any one else. Even though, technically i hope that all characters get a second chance to shine in ways that they couldn't in the old series. besides there aren't that many characters in Devil may cry compared to other series. i think the actual number of characters is around 57 in total.
I think Vergil's appearance is closer to his actual appearance in Devil May cry with him having more white hair than Dante because he uses his demon powers more and chooses to develop the more magical abilities he has at his disposal than Dante. He is probably dressed in a immaculate Blue suit and with a rapier called Legacy at his disposal if they chose to get rid of yamato or both.
the only flaw of DMC3 as a game was that they decided to add a vergil play through as a afterthought and they put no real effort into it. In all fairness vergil just became a skin for Dante to use. So if Ninja Theory manages to fix that mistake and avoid in DmC then that's all the reason i need to buy this game. If they cant manage to make Vergil work as a alternate playable character in time for the game's release and decide to cut it and recycle it as a DLc, then thats cool too.

I Agree Vergil would be good in this DmC if it is actually a Reboot and not just prequal like some say it is then vergil in all sense of the word would be a awesome character to be in DmC.
I agree Dmc 3 - Dante's Awakening Vergil was just a "Pawn" in the game and most of it was to do with dante as the title says but if your going to add another character to play at least make him have more death and detail like Dmc 4 then vergil had in Dmc3.
So if this is a Reboot and Vergil is in the game then i hope they do put in more depth with Vergil as the same as Dante

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Storm Silves;298596 said:
My thoughts exactly. Vergil doesn't have a reason to return in DMC, but he will most likely appear in DmC because Dante is subject B in a set, and he was born fifteen minutes after Vergy, right? So it's very likely Vergil is subject A.

*suppressed fangirl squee*
My GOSH you are genuis! I never even thought about that, I just thought it was a random code assigned to him.
OMG Vergil being tortured WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Because
1 - he's a great antagonist
2 - he looks like Dante (you really don't get any better than that)
3 - kitanas are friggin awesome (only those held by Vergil, of course)
4 - he'd fit in the story line like a glove, so why the heck not?
5 - Dante can't have a jackpot moment all by himself
6 - bringing Vergil back is way better than bringing Sparda himself into the story
7 - he's Dante's only remaining relative (at this point) (that he's aware of) (maybe)
8 - NT hinted at Vergil coming back so we WANT IT!
Okay, so they didn't specifically say Vergil and it could be a whole new character (Dante's secret little brother stashed away in the basement, perhaps?) but we're all hoping it's Vergil, simply because he was such a mysterious and cool character, and he's been incorporated into the games in one form or another up to this point, so there should be no reason why it wouldn't BE Vergil.
9 - Everyone wanted to know more about Vergil's backstory (it goes beyond me why people aren't happy that we're possibly getting what we've been asking for)
10 - Vergil beats Dante at EVERYTHING (aside from drinking, or so I've heard) which makes him one awesome opponent to slice and dice at

I could go on and on about why Vergil should come back, but it comes down to the fact that his character has a lot of potential, and there's not that much we know about his history. Lots of room to expand on. NT is on the right track with the changes they've made, and I like the logic that goes behind every decision (thus far) that they've taken. If they bring Vergil into the mix, the game is going to be downright wicked because yeah, not everyone thinks NT is oh-so-great BUT they do have Capcom working with them and directing them, and NT is known to be great storytellers. It could only be good.

Azurel

9 - Everyone wanted to know more about Vergil's backstory (it goes beyond me why people aren't happy that we're possibly getting what we've been asking for)

I wanted to quote your entire post, Master Vergil, but I think number 9 really said it best.

I don't think most DmC haters look at it that way, however. Most of them think that this game will ruin Vergil. I honestly don't think that will happen, though.

That is, if Vergil really does come back. I'm betting Ninja Theory will even let him keep his Yamato, too.

Ok, just to be clear, I've always preferred to play as Dante than Vergil and I've sympathized with his character more because he and the player are always struggling in DMC3.

After the struggle, however, and after you get (much) better with practice, the Dante player comes off as the more versatile one, due to his enhanced repertoire in combat.

Anyway, what I want to say is this: although I really like Dante, I've always felt that Vergil made the best villain in the overall series. Also, it's fun to play as him once in a while. I, like many others have felt irresistibly drawn to Vergil because of his straightforward lethal characteristics in his mannerisms and in combat, despite the fact that I've sympathized with Dante more. I honestly feel very torn between the two. Maybe that's what Capcom wanted.

Perhaps this is what Sparda had also felt, and also had some sort of an inner conflict. Maybe that was the reason why he gave up his power, because he was addicted to it. Or, maybe because combat is more interesting with "just enough" power. This would most likely lead Sparda to believe that "wild stylish" combat (as opposed to "brute force stylish") is simply more fun and tactical once you've mastered it.

Since this is most likely a retelling of DMC3 and/or what happened before, I think DmC Dante will tell the occasional joke but thankfully won't say "whoo" and act like a party animal. He will still most likely be funny and rebellious, though. Since his jokes will probably be better written this time around because of Ninja Theory, Vergil could just as easily reply with a snappy yet cold sardonic (to Dante's sarcastic) comeback, making the conversations between them very interesting and better executed. You know the type, like a really good scene between two well known and respected actors. (DeNiro and Pacino from Heat come to mind)

Since dialogue, acting, and story is what Ninja Theory does best, I think we'll see less corniness and a lot more natural "slickness" when it comes to witty banter.

Vergil's backstory will probably make him a loner slowly building his demonic power once again. I don't think he'll be the leader of some type of mafia family or shadowy government agency since I think he believes his power alone is enough to meet his goals.

That being said, being a solitary assassin executing demonic figureheads (posing as humans naturally) using only the Yamato (and maybe short blades?) and all the while relying on his own resources alone could be in the cards for him. If you don't like that idea, then, sorry. I just can't imagine him being a leader of a group since he, like Dante, has almost always fought his battles alone.

If Ninja Theory still plan on making Dante into a sort of a broke demonic bounty hunter/supernatural mercenary working on the cheap like Blade, then Vergil would no doubt do something similar, albeit at a much higher price.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Master Vergil;298939 said:
5 - Dante can't have a jackpot moment all by himself

I believe he already has and that was how "Jackpot" was started. :geek:

I prefer not knowing anything about Vergil's backstory it fits his mysterious persona and I don't think he can be made any cooler than he already is so any addition to his character would just drag his coolness down.
Wasn't Darth Vader cooler before we learned that he used to be an unstable, whiney little b*tch?
That wouldn't necessarily happen but the risk of it is very real considering how massively loved he has become, the slightest screw up and he will never be the same again. Like the inevitability that for the series to move forward fans and developers will have to face DMC2 Dante again and accept him as a canonical(?) part of the series.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Darth Angelo;298963 said:
I believe he already has and that was how "Jackpot" was started. :geek:

I prefer not knowing anything about Vergil's backstory it fits his mysterious persona and I don't think he can be made any cooler than he already is so any addition to his character would just drag his coolness down.
Wasn't Darth Vader cooler before we learned that he used to be an unstable, whiney little b*tch?
That wouldn't necessarily happen but the risk of it is very real considering how massively loved he has become, the slightest screw up and he will never be the same again.

Actually, for me, Darth Angelo has hit the nail on the head, and i agree.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I personally feel that Vergil as a character is shaped into whatever way we all individually view him, since we all have our own opinion on the matter. His history, his character and his motives are pretty much all speculative. Since we know so very little about the things that have happened in the past with him. We know so little about where his story is at right now. And we know so little about his real purpose or motives.

If they bring Vergil back, then they must also bring up all these things to do with him. They have to bring back his character, in whatever way that may be. They have to bring some sense of him belonging to the story. If they bring him back it'll no longer be about how we view him, but how we should view him. And therefore people's minds may change as to whether they still like him as a character or not.

But personally to me, Vergil is a nice addition to the whole story. I have my own feelings as to how I want them to bring him back, and how I want his character to be like. But like I said, it'll be different for everyone.

Osaka

trollololol
Darth Angelo;298963 said:
That wouldn't necessarily happen but the risk of it is very real considering how massively loved he has become, the slightest screw up and he will never be the same again. Like the inevitability that for the series to move forward fans and developers will have to face DMC2 Dante again and accept him as a canonical(?) part of the series.

I want to know a bit about his backstory but realize in the end that knowing too much sometimes might be a bad thing.
Also rep+ for the lulz Darth Vader part.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
i kinda do but i'd rather Trish or Nero...but then NT would somehow alter them for the worst i fear... (told y'all i wasn't for or against)

Devil Hunter John Joko;298387 said:
I believe Vergil is the second most important character in the dmc series...

i thought that when i first played DMC (i started at 3)
now to me its a tie between him n Trish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom