• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

We Had It All Wrong! Dante REALLY looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

Jonathan Rhys Meyers. :cool:

Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers-AP-5759078.jpg

LimboCity.jpg

Kinda interesting resemblance, no? :lol: After giving some thought, any chance that he may seriously be the new Dante? I watched this video and wondered if Ninja Theory will use that sort of technology (motion capture) for DmC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5g0bLKaGB0

If they are, and Jonathan is indeed Dante, that sorta debunks the whole "NT Director based Dante on himself!" theory. :lol:

EmilIrving

Demi-Fiend and Dante Team
Well Dino looked like he been beaten, and it seems like he didn't have time to take a shower (being chased and fighting 'Demons' and all)

On topic, they do look kind of similar, lol

Asmodaius

Dante appears younger and skinnier than JRM though, but there's definately some resemblance. People say that the Ninja Theory producer made Dante look like himself, but the only resemblance I see between the two is the hair - and who says that he didn't get a haircut matching Dante's -after- they had made his character concept? :p

It is worth mentioning that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is hot... just as a sidecomment. ;3 So I definately don't mind that Dante's new look resemblance him.

VirgilTheart

Asmodaius;276920 said:
Dante appears younger and skinnier than JRM though, but there's definately some resemblance. People say that the Ninja Theory producer made Dante look like himself, but the only resemblance I see between the two is the hair - and who says that he didn't get a haircut matching Dante's -after- they had made his character concept? :p

It is worth mentioning that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is hot... just as a sidecomment. ;3 So I definately don't mind that Dante's new look resemblance him.

True, but then again, King Bohan looked a bit older and fatter than Andy Serkis. ;) I guess if JRM is the new Dante, they probably could (and from the looks of it, did) make edits to his features so that he suited the character more. :) :cool: ;)

DemonDante

Well...Dante should be immortal right??..But why does he have that ****ty bruises???I mean that bruises should gone in just seconds.

Asmodaius

DemonDante;277268 said:
Well...Dante should be immortal right??..But why does he have that ****ty bruises???I mean that bruises should gone in just seconds.

Perhaps because he isn't immortal in the reboot? We don't know yet.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
>_< If someone had told me a month ago that there would be a thread in this forum saying 'Dante' resembles that 'Jonathan Rhys Meyers' dude I would have either -

1) Laughed in disbelief.
2) Throw my netbook across the room in a fit of rage.
3) Curled up into the fetal position and refuse to leave my room.

Oh how I wish it was a month ago when I was blissfully unaware! :huh:

Such happy times! *sigh*

Asmodaius;277271 said:
Perhaps because he isn't immortal in the reboot? We don't know yet.

It would be cool ih he´s not immortal at the beggining of the game,but that throughout the game he develops his immortality.
And at the end of the game he is completely immortal like DMC3Dante.

Osaka

trollololol
Subject 64432B;277306 said:
It would be cool ih he´s not immortal at the beggining of the game,but that throughout the game he develops his immortality.
And at the end of the game he is completely immortal like DMC3Dante.

And how does one like dante "develop" into being immortal? :huh:

Asmodaius

Osaka;277309 said:

Oh, there are numerous ways for him to gain immortality, should that be the case. However, the fact is that we don't actually know anything yet other than what we have seen from the trailer.

Immortality is also many things. Being immortal does not necessarily mean that he is invincible. In the trailer he is defeated, chained up and starved out. He seems too weak to escape, and maybe they are keeping him like that because they can't kill him. Who knows?

Osaka;277309 said:

It would be funny if we assume that his white hair gives him immortality :D.
In this trailer he has very little white hair, while throughout game his white hair slowly covers his black.
That leads to immortality.

Osaka

trollololol
God, look what it's come down to- we're bitchin' an' moaning about looks when we should have started bitchin' about what new tricks, story and crap that's been put before us (or should I say will.)

Osaka;277318 said:
God, look what it's come down to- we're bitchin' an' moaning about looks when we should have started bitchin' about what new tricks, story and crap that's been put before us (or should I say will.)

Don´t have to say "crap", there is a thread for that.
If you want to talk about story there are many threads about story of new DMC.

Asmodaius

Osaka;277318 said:

Well, apparently, looks mean ALOT to the people. However, I agree with you that we should be more creative on this forum and discuss such other things. ^^

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
OMG my post was the last post about the actual subject of this thread. I'm really tired of everyone going off on one! I'm outta here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom