• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Warning Spoiler Territory: Is Lelouch Alive?

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Just got done watching Code Geass Session 1, and 2 for like the eighth time.
And that ending gets me everytime.
However, there is a rumor going around that Lelouch is alive.
After doing my research and a little investigation, I have a answer to this.
But I want to hear your thoughts on this.
Is Lelouch alive?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Code Geass has a lot of **** ups during R2 but part of the reason why it's so endearing for many people is because of the ending, for the most part. If he is alive after that then it reeks of bad writing to me because all the exposition and the drama that the show have build on for Zero Requiem will be rendered pointless. Heck, letting him alive is pointless.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I have to agree on thinking he's not alive, and the feeling that if he is, it cheapens the whole ending of R2 (like Sieghart mentioned). Part of the appeal to the show was how dramatically it ended--not saying I wanted Lelouch dead, I didn't--but if he lived, I hope they come up with a really good explanation as to how.

Honestly, with the way it played out, there's no reason he should have lived. Is it possible they're rebooting the anime? I've been coming across a lot of stuff about it online, too. Teasers, of sorts. I'm curious to see what follows.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Code Geass r2 ?
I'm kinda mixed up on how many seasons there were lol
But it The ending scene where C2 is on top of the hey as the wagon drives off was the ending of season 2 Code Geass r2 ?

Then Yes Lelouch is alive, he was driving the wagon.
I remember seeing the ending where it was him driving the wagon.

The japanese ending did air where that was shown but was edited.
Well since that cat is out of the bag i guess that I can know tell you what i know. Lelouch is alive, for many reasons. First off the original Japanese ending shows that he is, after that the director also said it himself that Lelouch is alive. But what about the english dub? There is no Lelouch there. Wrong. In the ending C2 addresses Lelouch with a question, however we don't see Lelouch. But Lelouch is still alive, maybe not that man driving the cart, but he still lives. Here is why.

When Marian the Flash came back, when Lelouch was in the Thought Elevator with Charles, we found out that Marian wasn't really dead, but instead possessed that girl with the pink hair, can't remember her name. Yet through out the anime we saw scenes of C2 speaking with Marian, we all thought that she was talking to her in the after life. But she was still on earth, alive, in a way. C2 can communicate with anyone connected with a geass that she gave them, no matter where they are. However if a person with a geass that was given to them by C2 dies, are they still connected? No. Because if they die, they lose their connection, this was the real reason why C2 didn't want Lelouch to die, because if he did die he'd lose his connection to Geass, and there for be unable to fulfill the contract with C2.

Now go back to the English dub ending. She asks him a question, she addresses him, she is communicating with him because he is still connected with geass. But how is he alive? Well that part confused me. But apparently, Lelouch took Charles' code that Charles' took from V2.

Top Bottom