• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Visual Novels (and related games)

Captain Xin

It certainly is tempting, but I`ll be the first one to protest the very "concept" of yet another yaoi fanfiction about Dante and Vergil.

Maybe a "Leon" kind of story set in the same universe?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
It certainly is tempting, but I`ll be the first one to protest the very "concept" of yet another yaoi fanfiction about Dante and Vergil.

Maybe a "Leon" kind of story set in the same universe?

i'll be the second for that :D

Flash is dead man. :I but this software may compensate it.

it's dead? where have i been lately??

-- anyway, i think maybe making a VN about devil may cry is a better thing to do than keep on waiting for the sequel and ranting about them, or just writing and drawing hoping for publicity --this VN should be a nice publicity for the forum and those involved..

maybe don't make a long one, just relatively short and should be a very well written story with beautiful creative works.. very sure many will want to contribute, i definitely want..

all we need to do is brainstorm it, and expect some arguing for ideas there, lol

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
As tempting as it would be to write a VN about dmc, it does run the obvious problem of copyright infringement.

Viper

Premium
As tempting as it would be to write a VN about dmc, it does run the obvious problem of copyright infringement.
You just reminded me how a group of Russians actually made a VN about DMC, but I don't know if that thing was ever made available to English audience in the end. Had some pretty good images.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yeaaaa, make it xenosaga style, but it will be easier for DMC, just use same atmosphere, same feel, same theme, same fashion..

it's a refference! it's a homage!. we still have a year based on the fiscal report to do this, lol, i'm being too serious aren't i?

i mean there are tons of fanfiction writers here

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm a big fan of Katawa Shoujo.
Katawa.Shoujo.full.972629.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, who here has read a VN?

You see, you know there is something wrong going on when you use the term "read" instead of "play" when you're supposedly talking about a videogame genre.

I have never considered VNs proper videogames at all, and never will.

That said, I can still enjoy them as pieces of literature, although I'm usually not that interested in them and only read a few pages sometimes.
But some of the ones mentioned here by Blackquill actually captured my attention, might gonna check em out.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Haha, fair enough if you don't view them as games. But then I've never once viewed them as pieces of literature. So me saying "read" was incorrect and you were right to point that out.

There has long been a debate over what constitutes a "videogame". But surely you can't deny that series like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Dangan Ronpa are games.

Viper

Premium
Haha, fair enough if you don't view them as games. But then I've never once viewed them as pieces of literature. So me saying "read" was incorrect and you were right to point that out.

There has long been a debate over what constitutes a "videogame". But surely you can't deny that series like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Dangan Ronpa are games.
VNs are a modern version of what is known as textual adventure or interactive fiction, which has been part of gaming world long before most of todays gamers were even born, so it is just as valid to call it a video game as any other title with moving group of pixels on the screen.
Don't let someone teach you of the world in boundaries of what they know or think is right.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But surely you can't deny that series like Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Dangan Ronpa are games.

They are, but barely. Like all VNs in general. The vast majority of the experience is reading. They've got just the bare minimum of interaction required to fit into the definition of videogame.

But then I've never once viewed them as pieces of literature.

Well, I used "piece of literature" for convenience, for lack of a better term in my mind.

Top Bottom