• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Violence

Slacri

Pretty good video I think, made some good points. I think the difference is that everybody tore Duke Nukem to shreds on almost every aspect. Duke Nukem was never acclaimed for its amazing storytelling by critics, even though I agree that the Duke Nukem scene is far worse.

KaizenShio

yeah but I never heard of that scene till today and it kinda makes me wonder why that scene made me cringe more than anything else

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This whole violence in video games, for me it's down to how sensitve a person is to that sort of thing. Some people might be okay watching a discreet shooting with not much blood, while others are more distrubed with maybe decapitation or dismemberment.
Different people place different values, different life experiences inform opinion about what is acceptable violence for games.
What is okay for one person is not the same for all.

Got to say, I've seen worse stuff than Duke in Japanese horror films. >_<

Devil Player

I don't know what's the big deal with Lilith being shot. Seriously, that video is probably another excuse made by another hater to keep hating the game, so he keep getting more views and haters can use another video against us...It's getting old and obviously is blown out of proportion, considering she isn't even human at first place.

Madworld, all GTA games, Nightmare Creatures 1 and 2, Mortal Kombat...All these games make DmC looking like Bananas in Pyjamas. As for Duke Nukem, well, the women were already dead anyway. Everyone knows Duke's personality.

Nothing more to comment about this video, besides the hipocrisy and clear double standard regarding violence.

Slacri

I don't know what's the big deal with Lilith being shot. Seriously, that video is probably another excuse made by another hater to keep hating the game, so he keep getting more views and haters can use another video against us...It's getting old and obviously is blown out of proportion, considering she isn't even human at first place.

Madworld, all GTA games, Nightmare Creatures 1 and 2, Mortal Kombat...All these games make DmC looking like Bananas in Pyjamas. As for Duke Nukem, well, the women were already dead anyway. Everyone knows Duke's personality.

Nothing more to comment about this video, besides the hipocrisy and clear double standard regarding violence.
You do know that the video is agreeing with you, right?

KaizenShio

Yeah I will hafta agree with slacri this is not about DMc but as a gaming industry

Paexie

I never even glanced at the Duke Nukem Forever game... and I remember playing the original, but holy balls.

KaizenShio

This whole violence in video games, for me it's down to how sensitve a person is to that sort of thing. Some people might be okay watching a discreet shooting with not much blood, while others are more distrubed with maybe decapitation or dismemberment.
Different people place different values, different life experiences inform opinion about what is acceptable violence for games.
What is okay for one person is not the same for all.

Got to say, I've seen worse stuff than Duke in Japanese horror films. >_<

Yeah but even so put that in video games and people will call foul is their like a magical line that games can't cross

Slacri

Which scene is worse for you guys tho?
The Duke Nukem scene clearly. The reason why people didn't make a big deal out of it I think was because everybody tore Duke Nukem apart on tons of aspects and I guess it was just overlooked.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The Duke Nukem scene clearly. The reason why people didn't make a big deal out of it I think was because everybody tore Duke Nukem apart on tons of aspects and I guess it was just overlooked.
Like you say, one more scene isn't going to add more fuel to the fire for that game. It's already burned to a crisp.:p

KaizenShio

Lol yeah i guess that everyone was so done with the game after 10 mins that they could have had child molestation at that point and got away with it

Paexie

Lol yeah i guess that everyone was so done with the game after 10 mins that they could have had child molestation at that point and got away with it
Actually it's the first 10 minutes that are actually good

because it's actually you playing Nukem playing Duke Nukem 3d.... yes.

aoshi

Damn, that duke nukem stuff was disturbing. I hate such stuff being added jus to increase intensity(no matter wat you explain).

But i feel indifferent on vergil killing lilith. I mean she is a demon.:/

EvilX-81

Honestly I wasn't much affected by the Duke Nukem scene... but then, I watched Aliens when it first came out. This is basically a similar deal; plant seeds in person, baby bursts out killing the host.

Was sad that he wouldn't be able to save them (and perhaps a little perturbed that it seemed like he didn't care much about saving them.)

Slacri

Honestly I wasn't much affected by the Duke Nukem scene... but then, I watched Aliens when it first came out. This is basically a similar deal; plant seeds in person, baby bursts out killing the host.

Was sad that he wouldn't be able to save them (and perhaps a little perturbed that it seemed like he didn't care much about saving them.)
Yeah but the difference is in Aliens it's played straight and for dramatic and cinematic affect. In Duke Nukem the main character actually makes a pun out of it and it's played as more of a joke than anything.

KaizenShio

Yeah but the difference is in Aliens it's played straight and for dramatic and cinematic affect. In Duke Nukem the main character actually makes a pun out of it and it's played as more of a joke than anything.
Dude i remember that when strippers was slaughterd at the club and duke was livid..... I would have thought he would say something better

Paexie

You forgot the part where they are actually being raped as you watch. Tentacles yes... but at least Alien has a more... well alien way to plant another xenomorph. Face huggers are definitely a form of rape... but it's not a very human looking one.

But yeah Nuke's reaction is really the icing on the "this is just wrong" cake.

Top Bottom