• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

vg24/7 calls out the "haters"

Martius

SSSmokin!
Geez it would be great if both sides could calm down. Some people are defending this game like their own children, some hate it like worst thing in the world. People need to learn that someone else can have different subjective opinion and if they dont agree with that at least respect that. But of course Capcom and NT wanted attention, no matter good or bad so they went down the road "all people who dont like it are haters, hate them!" instead of calming the situation.
Vote with your money, if you think its worth buy it, if not save cash for something else.

VergilNeroDante

Geez it would be great if both sides could calm down. Some people are defending this game like their own children, some hate it like worst thing in the world. People need to learn that someone else can have different subjective opinion and if they dont agree with that at least respect that. But of course Capcom and NT wanted attention, no matter good or bad so they went down the road "all people who dont like it are haters, hate them!" instead of calming the situation.
Vote with your money, if you think its worth buy it, if not save cash for something else.

Thank you for your logically post, I agree that everyone should calm down and speak with ACTIONS rather with words. Use your head alittle to think before reacting, people will hate, just ignore it.

ChaserTech

If you'd carefully read my post you'd have noticed that i said some supporters can be as annoying as the haters but saying they are just vocal is a huge exaggeration . . .

This came from a video that I made about my own opinion in regards to the DmC demo. The guy said my opinion was essentially "bullsh*t" with his first response which lead to him sending me personal messages since people were thumbing down his comments.
convo.jpg

And what about the publishers/reviewers who are constantly saying "suck it haters" or saying "it's about the hair"? Doesn't this make the supporters of the game more vocal than some of the haters out there?

. . . and i still stand by my statement because the whole internet is dedicated to bashing this game. Go on Whinerfaqs, Youtube, 4chan, etc...and tell me i'm wrong. This place is the only safe heaven and even you can't deny it so saying the "supporters" are "as vocal" is just false. Yeah you've been insulted by some crazy "pros" and it's deplorable but It doesn't change the fact that the supporters are hugely outnumbered and the haters just refuse to leave them alone. Also as i said, the haters should've handled the whole "back hair" stuff differently that way people woud be listening to their so called "valid" complaints now. They 're reaping what they sowed. Simple as that. You can be sure of what you want it doesn't make it true pal, what is true though is that the haters went apesh*t over almost nothing and the supporters stayed calm and wait for more infos on the game. As any logical human being would do.

I'm not stating that supporters are outnumbered by haters. I don't care about that.

I'm merely saying that some supporters are as irrational as the haters out there. And it doesn't help that people are constantly poking at the anti group, stooping to their level with articles like the one that was posted in the topic. Nothing will be resolved if things like this continue to happen. And it doesn't make them right to resort to name calling as well just because the haters are doing so.

I fully agree with this post.

Although I don't believe Capcom/NT told people to hate the haters just because they didn't like the game. However they still gave attention to the anti's by putting them into the spotlight when they just should have ignored them to begin with. Even the little joke about Dante and the wig was slightly unnecessary. (despite this I actually thought it was kinda funny.)

ji-high

This came from a video that I made about my own opinion in regards to the DmC demo. The guy said my opinion was essentially "bullsh*t" with his first response which lead to him sending me personal messages since people were thumbing down his comments.
convo.jpg

And what about the publishers/reviewers who are constantly saying "suck it haters" or saying "it's about the hair"? Doesn't this make the supporters of the game more vocal than some of the haters out there?

I'm not stating that supporters are outnumbered by haters. I don't care about that.

I'm merely saying that some supporters are as irrational as the haters out there. And it doesn't help that people are constantly poking at the anti group, stooping to their level with articles like the one that was posted in the topic. Nothing will be resolved if things like this continue to happen. And it doesn't make them right to resort to name calling as well just because the haters are doing so.

The fact that one usually calls the "haters" a vocal minority proves that the "haters" make far more noise than the "pros" even though in this particular case i'm not sure they really are the minority. So can the fans of this reboot be just as irrational? Sure. Just as vocal? Hell to the No. People can poke at the anti group if they want because after several years of hearing those guys say that the game would be an epic failure and that anyone who was even remotely looking forward to it had bad taste and was a mindless sheep, i think they earned the right to tell them "i told you so". The haters will just have to deal with it like we were forced to deal with their nonsense at a time when nobody had even played the damn game.
There have been lots of previews saying that the game was pretty good and asking people to just give the game a chance and all the "haters" had to say was "this reviewer has been paid off, he doesn't know anything about the franchise/video games, reviewers are worthless anyway,etc...". Now the game is out, is critically acclaimed and those same people still won't stop doing that on the very pages of all those websites that they deemed paid off/worthless and even then you are trying to pull the victim card? lol. They deserve every word of that article and i sincerely hope it's not the last one to be honest.

Also a couple of people already said that the game doesn't appeal to them and they won't be buying it so it seems that all they're doing here is question the taste of people who enjoy it and/or try to explain to them why the game is actually"bad". I don't understand that really, to me that's something a hater would do. As i said there's a board for every game in the franchise so why those people just don't go on their favorite game board and talk about it with others who enjoy it as well?

DmC isn't flawless that's for sure(color coded enemies, lame boss fights) but if you don't plan to get it anytime soon because you think its bad and yet still stay here to complain and tell people who like it how better the previous games were, you're nothing but an annoyance in my book.

MedicoreR

You guys are blind to your own side.
Dude im not blind and i read insults (to anyone) about the new appearance for damn 3 years.
But if someone says its a perfect game, i would not agree with him too. But i would never insult.

ChaserTech

The fact that one usually calls the "haters" a vocal minority proves that the "haters" make far more noise than the "pros" even though in this particular case i'm not sure they really are the minority. So can the fans of this reboot be just as irrational? Sure. Just as vocal? Hell to the No.

Supporters have more of a voice than what you think.

A single "hater" isn't enough to turn the heads of the DmC community. They have to band together and project their opinions through forum boards, share videos, and etc. But individual supporters (Tameem himself, Journalists, and Reviewers) can literally post one thing and make their voices be heard due to their position in the gaming community.

Capcom/NT won't hear the haters unless the haters work together. But supporters don't have to do this. That's why I say that supporters can be as vocal as the haters that exists out there.

People can poke at the anti group if they want because after several years of hearing those guys say that the game would be an epic failure and that anyone who was even remotely looking forward to it had bad taste and was a mindless sheep, i think they earned the right to tell them "i told you so". The haters will just have to deal with it like we were forced to deal with their nonsense at a time when nobody had even played the damn game.
There have been lots of previews saying that the game was pretty good and asking people to just give the game a chance and all the "haters" had to say was "this reviewer has been paid off, he doesn't know anything about the franchise/video games, reviewers are worthless anyway,etc...". Now the game is out, is critically acclaimed and those same people still won't stop doing that on the very pages of all those websites that they deemed paid off/worthless and even then you are trying to pull the victim card? lol. They deserve every word of that article and i sincerely hope it's not the last one to be honest.

That still doesn't mean that it's helping the problem.
And it still doesn't give a valid reason to continuously agitate the anti group.

". . . and even then you are trying to pull the victim card? lol."

I'm not pulling "the victim card". I'm just merely stating that supporters can be highly irrational.
If anything, you are complaining about the haters and suggesting that it's ok to provoke them as well as completely disrespecting them.

DmC isn't flawless that's for sure(color coded enemies, lame boss fights) but if you don't plan to get it anytime soon because you think its bad and yet still stay here to complain and tell people who like it how better the previous games were, you're nothing but an annoyance in my book.

If you're talking about me, then I must assure you that I'm not just here to complain about the game. I've been providing useful information even though I don't like the game that much myself. And I plan on playing the full game when my college friends get it for me. (by no means will I ever buy it myself) As well as this, I also plan on exploring the combat system even further so I can see what exactly is possible with it as well as providing feedback to the community.

Sure, I don't particularly like playing the game myself. But there are people who would like for me to provide them with advice as well as trying to expand on the combat system. And I'm not paying for the game myself, so why not?

eraldcoil

Yep most of the ppl here get it, just live with it, you dont like it, then dont play it, why go to a "devil may cry" forum just to impose your subjective view on ppl KNOWING that ppl will disagree with you.

People that say its sh*t, good for you, its a subjective opinion, and they are willing to argue for the sake of arguing. It still wont change the fact that its still a GREAT game in my eyes.

I wonder if people will cry if they remade Trish as a redhead.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...But redheads are sexy...

In all honestly, she's supposed to look like Eva, so with Eva in DmC being a redhead, it would stand that a DmC version of Trish would be a redhead as well.

MedicoreR

You seriously can't sit there and tell me that some of the supporters aren't as irrational as some of the haters.
It's true that the haters were mad about the hair in the beginning. And like I stated before, I'm pretty damn sure that there were some supporters who were also mad at the hair yet they transferred to liking the game because they saw the gameplay as well as seeing some of the dialogue in the game..

When i see the first debut my reacton was:
- Wow, nice city design. Wow Dante looks terrible. Wow story looks interesting. Wow soundtrack is sick.

When i see the first gameplay:
- Damn gameplay looks so slow. Damn i didnt like the new weapons. Damn there is no voice acting? Damn graphics are so bad.

But by every trailer i see it becomes better and better. When they finished every element (include combat voice acts and flares) i really believed in game. In every trailer they proved story, combat, design, music is way better than i thought before.

I refuse to be prejudice. And now im enjoying the game.

ji-high

Supporters have more of a voice than what you think.

A single "hater" isn't enough to turn the heads of the DmC community. They have to band together and project their opinions through forum boards, share videos, and etc. But individual supporters (Tameem himself, Journalists, and Reviewers) can literally post one thing and make their voices be heard due to their position in the gaming community.

Capcom/NT won't hear the haters unless the haters work together. But supporters don't have to do this. That's why I say that supporters can be as vocal as the haters that exists out there.

They can band together all they want and even start a petition or something more proactive. As long as they don't harass people all day long, i'll be fine. I won't even acknowledge them.

That still doesn't mean that it's helping the problem.
And it still doesn't give a valid reason to continuously agitate the anti group.

". . . and even then you are trying to pull the victim card? lol."

I'm not pulling "the victim card". I'm just merely stating that supporters can be highly irrational.
If anything, you are complaining about the haters and suggesting that it's ok to provoke them as well as completely disrespecting them.

Nothing will "help the problem". This has happened before with other games and will happen again. These people have been told times and times again in the nicest way to calm down and to give the game a chance; some did, some didn't and most of them still hate the game. Fine. They have the right to hate it but they shouldn't try to diminish the enjoyment of people who like it.

I'm not complaining about the haters more than you complain about the supporters and yes i'm saying that they should have a taste of their own medicine. It won't "help the problem" as i said but at least it will feel good. i'm not a fan of the whole "turn the other cheek" stuff and ignoring them doesn't work so yeah.

Also i see you running to the rescue of "haters" each time someone dares making fun of them but i don't recall seeing you tell the people who post that joke from 4chan( with Limbo saying to Dante that "he's a faget") that this kind of joke aren't ok. The joke didn't bother me by the way, i genuinely found it creative and funny. What did bother me tho is that a couple of days before you and a few others were lecturing the guy who jokingly compared Limbo and 4chan.

If you're talking about me, then I must assure you that I'm not just here to complain about the game. I've been providing useful information even though I don't like the game that much myself. And I plan on playing the full game when my college friends get it for me. (by no means will I ever buy it myself) As well as this, I also plan on exploring the combat system even further so I can see what exactly is possible with it as well as providing feedback to the community.

Sure, I don't particularly like playing the game myself. But there are people who would like for me to provide them with advice as well as trying to expand on the combat system. And I'm not paying for the game myself, so why not?

Wonderful. Another 60 bucks in Capcom's pocket. My hopes for a sequel are raising. (try to)Have fun.

EvilX-81

Although I don't believe Capcom/NT told people to hate the haters just because they didn't like the game. However they still gave attention to the anti's by putting them into the spotlight when they just should have ignored them to begin with. Even the little joke about Dante and the wig was slightly unnecessary. (despite this I actually thought it was kinda funny.)

C'mon, he said "Not in a million years." When in entertainment has that not come back to bite the speaker in the ass? It's like saying "atleast it's not raining" or "it can't get any worst than this."

What bugged me about that particular incident was that people went bombastic over the wig joke, while ignoring;

--Dante white hair DMC-esque skin
--Dante's hair becomes fully white and DMC-esque at the end of the story
--Devil triggering makes his hair white and coat red

But people get twisted up over an joke blatantly foreshadowing what's going to happen later? That was just thin-skinned bullshit.

Not attacking you if it sounds like it, just taking the chance to comment on that now that I remember it.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
This article can be found almost anywhere. I can see the real "paranoid conspiracy" here, and it's far simpler and infinitely more insidious than any amount of bought reviews.

The initial changes to Dante were first chosen in order to create fan outcry. Anyone knows that drastically altering a protagonist in any beloved series is going to upset a lot of people; it's foolish to believe that it was anything other than intentional. That outcry got the reboot far more media and fan attention than any advertising campaign or planted forum posts could possibly hope to, because the very people who hated the change were making sure that everyone was aware of it.

Every subsequent interview or appearance of the game fuelled the fire. Antoniades intentionally antagonized and goaded the fanbase into further levels of outrage, and from that disgust came the idiots, because they always do. The idiots are those who get so wound up and irrational that they drag down the entire movement, making everyone who agrees with them look like idiots by proxy. By now the fanbase is divided by the idiots, leaving most looking forward to the game just to spite them.

And the media helped. It always does. Articles fly up all over the place to commentate on the outcry, to insult every Devil May Cry fan and of course, the idiots respond. People are fooled into commenting on articles, telling their friends, networking, and drumming up all the extra hits that those articles could ever want. You see they were playing us too. They still are. They aren't harmed by our disgust. They live on it. It's what gives them power over us.

You. Me. Us. We have all been played from the beginning. Regardless of the game's quality, you encourage them by paying for it.

Reactions: V

ji-high

This article can be found almost anywhere. I can see the real "paranoid conspiracy" here, and it's far simpler and infinitely more insidious than any amount of bought reviews.

The initial changes to Dante were first chosen in order to create fan outcry. Anyone knows that drastically altering a protagonist in any beloved series is going to upset a lot of people; it's foolish to believe that it was anything other than intentional. That outcry got the reboot far more media and fan attention than any advertising campaign or planted forum posts could possibly hope to, because the very people who hated the change were making sure that everyone was aware of it.

Every subsequent interview or appearance of the game fuelled the fire. Antoniades intentionally antagonized and goaded the fanbase into further levels of outrage, and from that disgust came the idiots, because they always do. The idiots are those who get so wound up and irrational that they drag down the entire movement, making everyone who agrees with them look like idiots by proxy. By now the fanbase is divided by the idiots, leaving most looking forward to the game just to spite them.

And the media helped. It always does. Articles fly up all over the place to commentate on the outcry, to insult every Devil May Cry fan and of course, the idiots respond. People are fooled into commenting on articles, telling their friends, networking, and drumming up all the extra hits that those articles could ever want. You see they were playing us too. They still are. They aren't harmed by our disgust. They live on it. It's what gives them power over us.

You. Me. Us. We have all been played from the beginning. Regardless of the game's quality, you encourage them by paying for it.

lol...are you the real "sorrow"? because you speak as if you weren't even a human being...like you are more than that...i don't know like... an ideal.

Mystiq Doom

This article is only gonna bother you if it applies to you. That's the point. If I like...Skyzoo for example and I'm listening to his music, while I'm enjoying those songs I'm not sitting there going "Man...Gucci Mane SUCKS!". Enjoy what you like, period. If people don't want to play this, they can either get Anarchy Reigns NOW, or wait for Metal Gear Rising, or both. If they're going to continue to whine about something they don't even intend to purchase, they should be treated as such, and I have no problem calling them out in this fashion. Maybe that's because I'm petty lolol

Nvzman

To be perfectly honest, if a game is rated well by critics (exception: Call of Duty) and most casual players seem to like it then it's a good game.
It's interesting how most of the people who hate this game hate it because it's either not close enough to the previous games (what, you don't want something creative?) or because they don't like Dante's new design (get over it, go suffer through the game once so you can get his white hair and be happy).
If you don't like a good game, don't expect to announce your opinion without arguments. I enjoyed the game (for the hour I played of it), and I think it's a shame that some people haven't played the game and yet they still go complaining.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
This article is only gonna bother you if it applies to you. That's the point.

It's just as disruptive and virulent if you agree with it though. It coaxes you, vindicates you, makes you willing to put down irrationally anyone who has legitimate complaints about DmC. You see the article isn't about telling off the antis; it's about perpetuating the schism. Those who hate DmC aren't going to be discouraged by this article, they're only going to be angrier, and it's worded in just such a way to ensure that it does so. Only by ignoring it can you exhibit any control.

You see the real battle isn't between Antis or Pros. It's between Devil May Cry fans and Idiots. The fans want what's best for the series. The Idiots use ad hominem and insults. The Idiots are fuelled by articles like this one, and use it to drive the fanbase even further apart. Most importantly, you become one of them when you stoop to their level.

lol...are you the real "sorrow"? because you speak as if you weren't even a human being...like you are more than that...i don't know like... an ideal.

The Mass Effect fanbase sends their regards.

Top Bottom