• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's story.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicronBitz

Hardcore Gamer
It only had 1 prologue cutscene and a secret cutscene. Vergil's story should of had more than that.They could have shown vergil's side of everything and more. Also, WTF. Vergil in a red coat on the Dante vs. Vergil fights? Cmon Capcom.....
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

(i dont know if there was already a thread about this or not)

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah your far from the only one who was not happy with this if it wasn't for being able to play as Nelo Angelo I would have felt completely cheated. I thought Vergil would have had more than one style too like swordmaster so you could do some more interesting things with Yamato and we know he had some kind of guarding ability.

The whole Vergil thing felt rushed and half done.

Evil Nero

Well they didn't abuse there promise of being able to play Virgil.

They just said on the cover, "Play as Virgil". When we fight Virgil, he uses his Darkslayer style and his other style? sorry, it's been a long time since I was on this forum ^_^

Matter of the fact is, we got told we could play Virgil and we got him, using the exact fighting style he used against us. If it was a spin off, no excuse but too add a lot more to him but it was still DMC3 the game with an added special feature.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
true they did exactly what they said they did. and it whould be to difficult to fit in a full story for vergil without sacrificing something else. the gameplay with vergil was the best thing i have ever done in any videogame. so they did what they were supposed to.

vergil diserves a full story but that game already had a full story so it dosn't need to be the one that tells vergil's story.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I thought there'd be more cutscenes for Vergil than there were... but I guess when you think about it, he spends most of his time hanging around waiting in the actual story, and 'play as Vergil' just means play with a Vergil sprite rather than Vergil's own story of the mission.

Vante though - a bit cheap. It wouldn't have taken that much to program a Dante in there, would it?

Still, the SE contained lots of extra replay value and Vergil's weapons and moveset. I'm happy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom