• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Story

Arwen

Lost Soul
In my other fanfic Brotherhood there is referances to Vegil and him being held by a powerfull demon. This fanfic tells Vergil's story about how it happened. I hope you like it.

Prologue

Vergil was looking in a section of books near the back of the library. It was empty like it has always been when he came here. Dark had fallen but no one dared to ask him to leave Rumours of him had spread so he was left undisturbed. Picking a book from the shelf he went to sit at one of the tables. A feeling of being watched came over him sitting down he heard a slight sound of movement. Placing the book down he stared in the direction of the noise. It seemed to be coming just behind the shelf in front of him quietly he walked in that direction then stopped. Quickly he turned the corner and was surprised to see a figure standing there. The figure was cloaked with there head shadowed by the hood. Her bright red lips and pale skin told Vergil that she wasn’t human. They weren’t as tall as he would have thought for them to be a man. His sword was in his hands but pointed down wards.
“Who are you?” asked Vergil
“Why should that matter to you Vergil.” said a female’s voice
“How do you know my name?”
“I know a lot about you and your brother.”
“Dante. Huh he’s not worth my time. Is that why you’re here?”
“No. I thought you might have an interest in this.”
The woman took out an envelope and held it towards Vergil. Vergil took it and opened it. Inside was a picture of a chalice and a few pages of writing.
“Is this what I think it is?” asked Vergil
“Yes. A demon chalice of power.”
“Why are you showing me this?”
“There has been talk about your powers growing but that you lack a vital part of your father’s power to accomplish what you want. I’m here to help you.”
“What do you want out of this?”
“Me nothing.”
“Yeah right.”
“If you must know I think you have potential to change this world. Bring back what once was lost.”
“Where is it?”
“Talin Island. It’ll be well guarded by more then demons. You’ll also need a guide” It’s got many places for someone to lose there way.”
Vergil looked at her and smiled.
“Looks like this will be a blast. What should I call you?” said Vergil
“Call me Darla.”

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Looks pretty good so far, Dalkin. I haven't read your Brotherhood story yet but I'll check it out after this. Keep 'em coming! ;)

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 2

Vergil and Darla had walked silently until they reached a military airport. Heading to the main gate she took out a card and presented it to one of the guards. The guard looked at her then to Vergil and nodded handing her back the card. Walking through they headed for a helicopter that was on its landing pad. It seemed that they were expecting them as it had already been prepped and was now being turned on. The blades slowly started to spin then gathered speed. The wind from the blades swept his hair around his face and Darla’s hood had come down. Both getting into the chopper they sat facing each other. Vergil could see that her eyes where dark red in colour. Darla smiled then placed her hood back over her head. The chopper lifted off the ground and headed into the night.
It seemed like hours before the craft landed on an island. Both Darla and Virgil got out and watched the chopper leave. Darla had a COM link to the military base. Which she placed under her cloak.
“Welcome to Talin Island Virgil.” said Darla.
Dawn was approaching and a dim light showed the beach. It was like any other beach and Virgil noticed some steps leading upwards. Following Darla they headed up the steps. At the top a large mansion sat there was no gates but it had a large doorway .Approaching the doorway they found it to be solid wood. Pushing the door it wouldn’t open. Darla looked surprised then stood back.
“Hmmmm. This door hasn’t been locked before. Something must have happened.” said Darla
“You been here before?”
“Yeah, just to see if it was truly here.”
“And?”
“Oh it’s here.”
Looking around Virgil saw a small doorway to the side of the mansion. He headed into that direction closely followed by Darla. Stopping just in front of it they looked at each other.
“This is wrong. There shouldn’t be a door here.” Darla said
Virgil tried the door and it opened. They felt warm air coming from the doorway. Vergil looked at Darla then went in.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I'm sorry for pacing this here as I should have done it at the start of the story. I thought that maybe people would like to see who is in my fanfic. The pics are not done by me but they show how I would like the characters to look.

Starring

Vergil
Vergil___Devil_May_Cry_3_by_Karribu.jpg

Darla
1134689202_slastat4nu.jpg

Demon Commander Selpi
Darkngelanime.jpg

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Apart from Vergil, the other pictures are indeed existing characters or you just use these pictures to help us understand how they look like?

Arwen

Lost Soul
It's so people can have a picture on who everyone is then I don't have to describe them as much in the stories. I think large descriptions of characters can make the story a little slow and takes a lot of the excitement out of it.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Sorry for the wait everyone

Chapter 3

The room entered into a small spiral staircase made of stone. Having no where else to go they headed upwards. The top of the stairs entered into a large chamber glass mirrors were on all the walls. Nothing else was in the room not even a door. Looking around neither o them noticed the reflection of Vergil smiling at them. The sense of something there made Vergil take out his Kitana whilst Darla took out her own blade which appeared in her hand. Behind them one of Vergil’s reflections walked through the glass and into the room. They heard foot steps turned and saw the other Vergil standing there. The other Vergil tilted his head a little and watched them.
“I’ll take care of this.” said Vergil
Both Vergil's looked at each other then they ran with their swords in their hands at each other. The fight ensued with the other Vergil copying the real Vergil’s moves until the real Vergil managed to slash the others stomach. The reflection looked at the wound then the fight started once again. The sound of the blades echoed through the room. No knowing which one was who she just watched as both tried to get the upper hand. The real Vergil thrust is Katana through the reflections stomach. Shock covered the reflections face then it melted away through the floor. All the glass smashed sending shards into the room. Covering there faces from the shards so they didn’t get cut. Once everything had stopped they looked around and found a doorway behind a mirror.
“Lets go.” said Vergil
They went through the doorway.

Top Bottom