• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Other Weapons

Downfall

Vergil will most likely get only the Yamato in the DLC, but I think he should have gotten other weapons as well.

Here's a short list of what I think he should have gotten:

A Broadsword

It doesn't have to be Force Edge, however, it should be used like Force Edge was used in DMC3. Force Edge in one hand and the Yamato in the other. Double-wielding badassery at it's finest.

A Kusari-Gama

If Dante can use a chain, why can't he? I know he has his teleport Darkslayer ability, but it would help to add some variety to the combat.

Gauntlets and Greaves

A must for any Vergil moveset. I know that Dante getting only the gauntlets is a throwback to DMC1, but it still leaves a lot to be desired, and there are plenty of martial arts out there that NT could have taken inspiration from to help differentiate between the two brothers.

An Electric Guitar

Joking. This will always remain a Dante weapon, although I wish it could have been used as a more traditional weapon instead of just shooting out bats in DMC3. Maybe Arbiter will evolve into a guitar in a future installation (in a spinoff portable game or something, I mean). Or, maybe Vergil could play Bass?

Other than that, I really don't have that many ideas. I like the fact that Vergil only had three melee weapons. I liked Dante's moveset more, but I didn't like the fact that a few of the weapons in his arsenal never really appealed to me.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
I'm sure in the DLC, Vergil will probably have some more weapons other than the Yamato.

If not, they most likely will incorporate tons of different stylized kills the Yamato can pull off.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
They might put him with gauntlets and greaves maybe but it seems so far hell have the Yamato the summoning swords but they both will have tons of abilities

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I think they should expand more with his summoned swords and other magic demon abilities he may have, not just weapons. Still, good list though :)

Dominus

Probably would have seen Vergil's weapons in the trailers if he was getting any new ones. We saw 7/8 of Dante's weapons before DmC was released soo... (and knew about the last one)

Downfall

Since Vergil's more consentrative, i'd say greaves, bow n' arrow, a broadsword, and a magic bo staff like monkey's from Enslaved.

A magic bo staff would be a perfect counterpart to Dante's Osiris scythe. The heavy broadsword can be his answer to the Arbiter. Of course, I want the greaves more than anything else... it's just too bad he probably won't have them. :(

I think they should expand more with his summoned swords and other magic demon abilities he may have, not just weapons. Still, good list though :)

Thanks. And you're correct. Aside from the Yamato itself, the Doppelganger tactics should bring up new combo possibilities. Using that in conjunction with the Summoned Swords would make for some very impressive youtube vids.

They might put him with gauntlets and greaves maybe but it seems so far he'll have the Yamato the summoning swords but they both will have tons of abilities

That's right. The Yamato will most likely have tons of moves anyway in its default moveset, as shown in the two trailers. If players have enough imagination, they'll be able to make use of his moveset in few dozen ways, at the very least.

I'm sure in the DLC, Vergil will probably have some more weapons other than the Yamato.

If not, they most likely will incorporate tons of different stylized kills the Yamato can pull off.

Yeah, it's almost confirmed that since the Yamato changes glow from red to blue, that he'll incorporate his moves with the Yamato in terms of Angel and Demon stances.

I assume that there will be at least two combos per stance, making for a total of at least six combos. That doesn't sound like a lot, but if you fuse them together, they can create something that would actually be considered pretty memorable.

He has loafers of anger and bitterness. What else do you need?

Kind of reminds me of Chie actually, since that's also her weapon of choice. :lol:

And if you catch up on the main story, she's actually pretty bitter due to her jealousy of her best friend, Yukiko.

Soooo..... Vergil = Male Chie?? >_<

Martius

SSSmokin!
Throwing daggers or kunai. Vergil is using that in one cutscene, bould be melee or ranged weapon or both.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Yeah but as i have said, that could be full weapon not just one skill. In original series Vergil was not using guns in combat, it could me similar in reboot. I had some practice with shooting using air-gun so i kinda know that getting accuracy is not easy but i am sure its harder with throwing something. That could be other ranged weapon than summoned swords and could show Vergil different approach to fighting, more subtle and skillful

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Throwing daggers or kunai. Vergil is using that in one cutscene, bould be melee or ranged weapon or both.

I think the point of that conceit is that Vergil can't use summoned swords as projectiles while in Reality, so he suffices with actual dart weapons. Now that he's merged Reality and Limbo and completely buggered everything, he'd have no reason to use them anymore.

The Chakram moveset from Amalur is a little too much like Aquila, and I'd prefer if Vergil's moveset deviated a bit more from Dante's. It's not like Beowulf where both characters had the weapon at some point in the plot.

I love the cello suggestion though, that's always awesome. I think it might be a bit too CERAYZAH for NT's vision of the universe though.

I'd like it if Vergil's weapon repertoire incorporated firearms to some degree, in order to illustrate that he is in fact a master marksman and ensure that his use of a rifle in the Exchange wasn't just a one-off thing that Antonaides wrote in there because he didn't know how else to advance the plot.

I think using Vergil's fighting style to illustrate his character is the best way to go with developing his movelist. Things like using a Trickster style dodging mechanic to demonstrate that he is more of an underhanded deceiver compared to his main universe counterpart. It could substitute for his lack of Ophion.

scionicspectre

I honestly think that he'll just use a combination of hand-to-hand combat (like the falling star-esque move we've already seen) and sword attacks, but they will vary in speed and gravity based on which 'stance' you're in, similar to heavenly sword. We've seen so many moves with Yamato already that I'm not sure you could fit them all into one stance.

Then again, I could be delightfully surprised. This is just my guess.

chocolatepanda

I honestly think that he'll just use a combination of hand-to-hand combat (like the falling star-esque move we've already seen) and sword attacks, but they will vary in speed and gravity based on which 'stance' you're in, similar to heavenly sword. We've seen so many moves with Yamato already that I'm not sure you could fit them all into one stance.

Then again, I could be delightfully surprised. This is just my guess.​

Yea that seems to be the way it works so if he gains any additional weapons it the stances will probably just modify those too. So two weapons would really be 6 weapons.

Top Bottom