• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Opening Cinematic (SPOILERS)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
eh. it's cool.

edit: so the random woman (who turns and looks at vergil with her "heart a-flutter") is probably nero's mom, right? ok fine.

*pr0n music begins here*

--------------------------------------------------

I really miss dm's "50 shades of vergil" jokes. *sigh*

--------------------------------------------------

I knew that if Vergil only had two "major" cutscenes, Capcom wouldn't bother giving us any substantial story. and I was right. :/

---------------------------------------------------

sure, they might explain EVERYTHING in the second cutscene, but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I expected a little more then that. I kind of liked the DMC3 one where he's using actual movements and iaido style to fight. Here, I do like his use of speed stepping, but it looks like stuff from any cliched anime (Bleach mostly) and doesn't show Vergil's skill at all.

So the woman at the end who was the only one to look back at Vergil must have some sort of connection to the story and thus is most likely going to be Nero's mom.

EDIT: his hair looks worse in this cutscene then in DMC3.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
So the prostitute woman can be true. She had the boy and threw him away in a orphanage
It will be like RE6 Jake story!
I was waiting for something better...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
pretty cool , funny how much better he fights in a canon cutscene prequel to DMC3 than he did in DMC3

Not really. He's more impressive in DMC3.

Although I like that final move where he sheathes the sword with the scabbard still embedded into the Scarecrow's body. That's classy.

@Gel that woman, if that's what you are referring to, doesn't look like a prostitute to me.

EDIT: this cutscene was leaked, right?

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
It depends. Prostitute can be classy and discreet too, you know.Anyway, why that boy was thrown in a orphanage?

Edit: But sure she is a human!So much for Vergil's hatred against humans....

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
He looked more impressive here than in his DMC intro where he fights the demons imo but ecery one is different I guess

I'm sorry, but I can't agree, not one bit.

In his DMC3 intro he uses way more iaido based techniques, uses the blade as a mirror to see the enemy behind him, uses the blunt side of the blade to make an enemy trip and then cuts him in half, makes an Abyss flip back by flipping his scythe with Yamato, etc.
That's actually more impressive to me than what is in this cutscene.

@Gel you're talking like if it's 100% certain he will get laid with that woman and give birth to Nero. Which is not the case.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
It depends. Prostitute can be classy and discreet too, you know.Anyway, why that boy was thrown in a orphanage?

Edit: But sure she is a human!So much for Vergil's hatred against humans....

I think vergil's hate for humans was fanon. I mean why would he hurry & scoop up his half of the amulet during 3's finale?

Gel

Premium
Now I'm dying to see the finale cutscene. My question was rhetoric, I knew he never hated humans.

Gel

Premium
I know. I'm just waiting for something romantic à la Nero/Kyrie, instead of a quickie, if you know what I mean.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm sorry, but I can't agree, not one bit.

In his DMC3 intro he uses way more iaido based techniques, uses the blade as a mirror to see the enemy behind him, uses the blunt side of the blade to make an enemy trip and then cuts him in half, makes an Abyss flip back by flipping his scythe with Yamato, etc.
That's actually more impressive to me than what is in this cutscene.

@Gel you're talking like if it's 100% certain he will get laid with that woman and give birth to Nero. Which is not the case.

it is a matter of opinion but okay sorry I said anything I will retract my statement

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I think there's more to this particular cutscene and I sincerely hope the ending cutscene to be a lot longer and on the context.
Regardless, I'm impressed. I just wish that we'll get more.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC 4, "lazy" is your middle name. Seriously, what was the context? This was like, nothing. And they are really going with the bad fanfiction theory for Nero huh. In the most bare bones way possible too.

They aren't even trying.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Seriously, what was the context? This was like, nothing.

Agreed on that one. Unless there's something more in this cutscene that they didn't show (the fade black at the end seems artificial to me, an edit of the actual cutscene made to hide stuff), I don't see the point of it.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I feel like if that woman WAS the one Vergil shags to have Nero, then there would need to be more then just TWO cutscenes. Think about it;

First cutscene; Vergil slices demons and then walks into Fortuna. random woman is the only one to turn and see him.

Second cutscene; Same girl follows him, they meet, they bang, Vergil leaves--all in a montage while slow serinated music plays.

and that's it.

Top Bottom