• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergils moves compared. (video)

I definitely notice some of the speed difference, but I guess that's a by product of making more fluid animations. Then again, on PC its a little bit faster since it isn't capped at 30 fps. But in either case, thanks again, more posts like these and we can start having rational discussions about gameplay mechanics and what not we'd like to see return or improved upon in sequels.

Romy

I definitely notice some of the speed difference, but I guess that's a by product of making more fluid animations. Then again, on PC its a little bit faster since it isn't capped at 30 fps. But in either case, thanks again, more posts like these and we can start having rational discussions about gameplay mechanics and what not we'd like to see return or improved upon in sequels.

I recorded it using Fraps at 50-60 fps. Yeah, I actually liked my own conclusion in which both games have their ups and downs because I can safely say that I'll continue playing both of them on a regular basis. I was afraid that I might like one more than the other and stop playing the loser. So yeah, not making a "better" Vergil is a relief for me since I'll play DMC3 just like DmC.

I'm not much of a Dante fan, concerning gameplay and JCing mechanics so if you're up for it, maybe you could do a detailed research?

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I've been thinking about this for a while now. I kept remembering DMC3 as being much slower in gameplay compared to DmC but it's all just in appearance when they are in reality about equal. DmC is more fluid and has better animations so it just seems faster. All of Vergils moves do a lot more damage in DMC3 also. One last thing I want to find out, which won't even take me 10 minutes if I go look into it, is comparing how many moves Vergil has in both games. He can use 3 weapons at a time in dmc3 but with only a limited amount of skills per and in DmC Vergil only has one weapon but has a few moves for each stance so I think in total it is kinda close but my guess in he still has more in DmC

Romy

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I kept remembering DMC3 as being much slower in gameplay compared to DmC but it's all just in appearance when they are in reality about equal. DmC is more fluid and has better animations so it just seems faster. All of Vergils moves do a lot more damage in DMC3 also. One last thing I want to find out, which won't even take me 10 minutes if I go look into it, is comparing how many moves Vergil has in both games. He can use 3 weapons at a time in dmc3 but with only a limited amount of skills per and in DmC Vergil only has one weapon but has a few moves for each stance so I think in total it is kinda close but my guess in he still has more in DmC

The speed is about equal, although I'd say that DmC is faster because of a demon pull. That simplifies things a lot more and makes you faster in executing moves. Yeah, if I run 'em both down in my head, they have about the same number of moves. One or the other has more or less.

EvilX-81

Awesome, someone finally did this for Vergil (I think ChaserTech did one for Dante in the earlier days to compare game speeds).

Judgment Cut is the sticking point for me with the newest DmC. DMC3's was awesome, and DMC4's was crazy huge so it felt powerful in it's own way, and both have the instant "battojutsuing" and sheathing crazy speed thing to them. DmC's feels like just a miniature version of DMC4's with multiple hits and lacking the feel of speed in his animations. Though I have a new love for DmC's version with the Perfect Slice timing which makes the JC feel powerful in it's own way, and it can be a beast when you add the doppleganger to the mix...

Romy

Props for awesome love for Vergil, man. :D I agree with everything. I just need him in Bloody Palace, just that. And I can die peacefully.

Top Bottom