• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Hair Slick

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
I tried doing this when my hair was shorter. I stood infront of the mirror and got my brother's gel box out. I dipped my whole hand inside and kept it there for a good minute or so. I pulled it out and I was all giggling like "I'm going to be Vergil! Yas!" :woot: I flipped my hair forward and did the whole slick move...

The lesson learned is "One does not simply slick their hair like Vergil." I ended up taking showers to get the gel off, because I wasn't allowed to go out looking like I was thrown in a gooey tornado... So much fail... :unsure: It was an awesome idea in my head... the eye can see, the brain can imagine, the hair can be unreal. Vergil's hair is one of the many wonders of the gaming world.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
tumblr_noegp2V2KB1tpdteqo1_400.png

A conversation between Dante and Vergil.
Now you know how Vergil gets his hair

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
You people are forgetting one important factor in all this and it's because Dante's, Vergil's, Nero's and Trish's hair remains in that manner due to the fact that their bodies have high concentration of electricity, and therefore their hair is statically charged. Put it this way...

When you apply static charge to hair it makes em stick up right? Well...when Vergil pushes his hair back he applies a little static charge in order for em to stay in that form, which is why when you look at the video you see that it doesn't loose it's shape.

Dante's works in a similar manner too but he controls his static charge and allows his hair to flow downwards and therefore never loses it's form...

But in Nero's case I guess we can say that he just has naturally straight hair and people are born with naturally straight hair, although Nero being part 1/4 Cambion means that he too has static charge flowing through his hair and gives off it's spiky end trails.

Same can be said for Trish too as she too has static charged hair and therefore her hair never looses it's figure as it flows when she fights, and waves around but always manages to return to it's natural silhouette.

Having said that their hair can move because even though they have static flowing through their hair, but when wind or movement comes into play it moves, flows from side to side, up and down.

Lady on the other hand well she just looks after it well.
Wow you saw it folks, a scientific explanation for Vergil's hair. Well done sir

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
vergil's palm and fingers are greasy with whale oil y'all.. that's the secret

PS: yamato's grip has anti-grease material

PS again : you don't know this and you call yourselves fans?

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
You people are forgetting one important factor in all this and it's because Dante's, Vergil's, Nero's and Trish's hair remains in that manner due to the fact that their bodies have high concentration of electricity, and therefore their hair is statically charged. Put it this way...

When you apply static charge to hair it makes em stick up right? Well...when Vergil pushes his hair back he applies a little static charge in order for em to stay in that form, which is why when you look at the video you see that it doesn't loose it's shape.

Dante's works in a similar manner too but he controls his static charge and allows his hair to flow downwards and therefore never loses it's form...

But in Nero's case I guess we can say that he just has naturally straight hair and people are born with naturally straight hair, although Nero being part 1/4 Cambion means that he too has static charge flowing through his hair and gives off it's spiky end trails.

Same can be said for Trish too as she too has static charged hair and therefore her hair never looses it's figure as it flows when she fights, and waves around but always manages to return to it's natural silhouette.

Having said that their hair can move because even though they have static flowing through their hair, but when wind or movement comes into play it moves, flows from side to side, up and down.

Lady on the other hand well she just looks after it well.
Ok this is why. Thank you very much m8

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok this is why.

Actually that's all fanfiction, even though apparently well studied. It's ok to joke but come on. There's one reason and one reason only for Vergil to be able to perfectly slick back his hair: mesh and texture swapping.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Actually that's all fanfiction, even though apparently well studied. It's ok to joke but come on. There's one reason and one reason only for Vergil to be able to perfectly slick back his hair: mesh and texture swapping.

Sorry to burst your bubble there Foxy but that's not fanfiction...someone who's a Cambion has a high concentration of a static aura that can be manipulated, and in those half/quarter breads that have just that. So when applying a static charge to themselves can in practical terms change shape to their own hair, and so in their case they can manipulate how their own hair form. PS this is not fiction but scientific face but do take it as you wish and run with it OK.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sorry to burst your bubble there Foxy but that's not fanfiction...someone who's a Cambion has a high concentration of a static aura that can be manipulated, and in those half/quarter breads that have just that. So when applying a static charge to themselves can in practical terms change shape to their own hair, and so in their case they can manipulate how their own hair form. PS this is not fiction but scientific face but do take it as you wish and run with it OK.

It's not me the one surrounded by a bubble here. DMC does not completely obey to standard folklore notions, so to speak.

It's just really a matter of graphics, and it should be obvious. If DMC3 was made with a top notch modern physical engine, or if the cutscenes were made in non-in-game-engine CGI, you would have seen Vergil's hair getting slicked back just to get back combed down a few moments later due to rain. But technology at the time didn't allow that, especially since they chose to use in-game engine prerendered cutscenes, so they had to use a mesh swap. Which was also fairly well hidden thanks to the way Vergil moves his hand, but still, that's the technique they used, anyone who works in that field can tell you that.
For example, with Beowulf they used they same thing, they swapped his eye's texture when Dante cuts his remaining eye after the boss battle.
For the love of Sparda, it's nothing more than that. In fact the combed down hair mesh is even extractable, there's a mod out there that let's you play as Vergil with that hairstyle.

Nothing more than a graphical technique to recreate an hair effect. It's how these effects are made. LOL I wish whoever worked in DMC3 back then could read this, really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom