• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Downfall

majeh116

IF YOU HAVE BEEN SOMEHOW AVOIDING INFO ON THE LEAKED ENDING DON'T CONTINUE TO READ POST. I was thinking. Since in the ending Limbo and reality have meshed into one (correct me if I'm wrong) does this mean that Vergil's downfall will take place in the real world? He might potentially be seeing other humans there experiencing the hell Limbo is putting them through only strengthening his resolution that Dante is wrong?

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Vergil's downfall looks like it takes place in Hell. Nephilim have the power to easily and instantly travel between worlds, and since Limbo apparently no longer exists, there's no where else Vergil can go when he leaves Kat and Dante behind at the end (he and Dante fight in the real world). It's essentially exactly like how DMC3 ended, only Vergil can come back out whenever he pleases and there's no Mundus to brainwash him. Though the question remains what he intends to do in there...try to rule Hell now that Mundus is out of the way, maybe?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
So then Vergil will be an anti-hero then? Not a full-time villain. He still cares about Dante but not the humans much.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Vergil's downfall looks like it takes place in Hell. Nephilim have the power to easily and instantly travel between worlds, and since Limbo apparently no longer exists, there's no where else Vergil can go when he leaves Kat and Dante behind at the end (he and Dante fight in the real world). It's essentially exactly like how DMC3 ended, only Vergil can come back out whenever he pleases and there's no Mundus to brainwash him. Though the question remains what he intends to do in there...try to rule Hell now that Mundus is out of the way, maybe?

That's what i'm trying to think to. Is mundus really get killed? Because i'm honestly very skeptical that dante killed him during that battle. It's a bit underwhelming for the Demon king to die like that honestly. Also, if there will be a DmC 2, this guy might return:
Arkham.jpg

Arkham is my favorite DMC villain so far honestly.

chocolatepanda

Arkham is my favorite DMC villain so far honestly.
I preferred him in Jester mode and not so much as himself.

That's what i'm trying to think to. Is mundus really get killed? Because i'm honestly very skeptical that dante killed him during that battle. It's a bit underwhelming for the Demon king to die like that honestly. Also, if there will be a DmC 2, this guy might return:
It was both Dante and Virgil against Mundus and a single nephilim seemed to have a enough power to kill a demon king so 2 kinda seems like overkill to me.

crush

I actually think this is the turning point where DmC can be original.
Maybe in the depths another powerful demon can be there waiting vergil.

Top Bottom