• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Doppelganger usage

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I'm just curious to how people are doing with Vergil's copy. I have had the Super Vergil perk for about half a day now but have had many problems using his what I'd like to call them "stances". They seem to actually mess up my combo set-ups no matter which type of clone style I use. I went much more in depth in this post but it was all lost due do my cat randomly jumping on my keyboard and I couldn't recover any of what I typed...This is basically the jist of it though :blink: . So I'm just wondering if anyone has been using the doppelganger enough to know how to use it while maintaining some decent combos, and when I say combos I don't just mean getting a good ranking but instead maintaining juggling enemies and doing exactly what you want to do.

crush

I managed to make my doppelganger do a enemy-step air slash targetting another enemy.
It's a elaborate round trip. lol

Soupie

If you're having trouble, start off with simple things. In human mode, set doppelgänger to demon and turn on the delay switch. Basic attack and special attack an enemy, then doppelgänger will combo the enemy in the air for you.

AngelMode

I don't use the doppelganger much but every time I do I can usually pull off some really sweet looking combo. So I have like the opposite effect from you XD I have actually manage to do a Stomp and the double keeps juggling the enemy in the air, allowing me to go back up with a Solar Flare, then I teleport down and my buddy does an Aerial Flush into a an Atomic waiting for him at the bottom. The funny thing is that I don't even know how I do half of these... 'cus like, I don't know how to use the doppelganger at all D:

8BitHero

Scrub
Doppelganger has a really long learning curve. Not so much as hard but long since there's so there much to experiment with. I like it :D

Top Bottom