• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's desperation Devil Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This is just a question. DMC2 showed us that Dante had a desperation DT, so do think Vergil has one? (And for fun does Nero have one?) What about Sparda do you think he had a stronger form of himself as well?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I should've thought all demons have one (all demons that can DT anyway).
Unless it only happens as a demon gets older or more mature.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Who knows maybe it has something to do with the Amulet. I always wondered how it was that Dante who is supposed to only be a half breed in terms of devil powers is able to become as powerful (maybe even more powerful) than his father who was supposed to be a full demon. I never understood how that works and it's difficult to care when you see it in action.

I would like to think that Vergil has a Majin form as well...
*closes eyes and pictures deperation Dante vs desperation Vergil* that would be simply too epic to cope with.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I would think it would be tinged blue, possibly with crystal armor, the arm sheath, and long, curved horns. It would have a forehead crystal like Sparda, but unlike Dante's DDT, it would have no wings. Instead, it would have two more arms, making it having four arms, all wielding katanas.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Sparda's rejected son;300438 said:
This is just a question. DMC2 showed us that Dante had a desperation DT, so do think Vergil has one?

Almost certainly, if the DDT is something Dante just 'has', and didn't need to alter himself to get. I always think of the Sparda DT Dante gets in DMC1 as a majin, too, that comes from having Sparda's blood and not just from being a demon and having a DT. So Vergil should have one also, but as VB pointed out, we have seen majins in DMC, DMC2 and DMC4... all of which take place after Dante has matured. Vergil didn't have a chance to mature properly, but if he did, I imagine he'd be similar.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I never thought of it like that Dante's DDT could indeed be a maturing of his demon powers. And nice details for Vergil's DDT SS.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I like this idea of devils having different DTs as they mature. It reminds me of some of the interpretations of vampires, with older vampires being far more powerful than younger ones and sometimes having different 'vampire forms'.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, think about it. As the games progress, he looks more and more like Sparda. To the point where in DMC2, he doesn't even need a Devil Arm to access his DT.

Who knows maybe it has something to do with the Amulet. I always wondered how it was that Dante who is supposed to only be a half breed in terms of devil powers is able to become as powerful (maybe even more powerful) than his father who was supposed to be a full demon. I never understood how that works and it's difficult to care when you see it in action.

I would like to think that Vergil has a Majin form as well...
*closes eyes and pictures deperation Dante vs desperation Vergil* that would be simply too epic to cope with.
Dante has human will and feelings and that's what makes him maybe even stronger than Sparda.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Dante has human will and feelings and that's what makes him maybe even stronger than Sparda.

I meant the Majin form, that has nothing to do with emotion or will it seems to be something that he has had in his blood all along. What also makes me think that is all DT awakenings have happened to the person when they are on the verge of death which is exactly what the desperation devil form does, it wasn't a magic boost of spontaneous power if the awakening system is to be followed it was a natural awakening of a second stage of his powers. Like his ultimate true form.

I meant the Majin form, that has nothing to do with emotion or will it seems to be something that he has had in his blood all along. What also makes me think that is all DT awakenings have happened to the person when they are on the verge of death which is exactly what the desperation devil form does, it wasn't a magic boost of spontaneous power if the awakening system is to be followed it was a natural awakening of a second stage of his powers. Like his ultimate true form.
Come to think about it, we can't really suppose that Dante is maybe stronger than Sparda because we didn't saw Sparda in action yet.....let's just leave it at that ;)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC1,2,3,4, and the anime make many referances to Dante being stronger than Sparda actually. But the DDT could be like a DBZ thing. Dante has his normal DT but when he is under strong attack, and stress and about to lose; his powers burst forth and DDT is born. Like Gohan he saw #16 get killed by Cell and his anger and hurt unlocked his Super Saiyan 2 powers. So maybe its the same idea in Dante's case, hence the "Desperation" in the title.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I think a Vergil DDT would be some one who relied on speed attacks which befits his style of fightingg he would be quick able to evade easier and deal stronger and faster blows.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DMC1,2,3,4, and the anime make many referances to Dante being stronger than Sparda actually. But the DDT could be like a DBZ thing. Dante has his normal DT but when he is under strong attack, and stress and about to lose; his powers burst forth and DDT is born. Like Gohan he saw #16 get killed by Cell and his anger and hurt unlocked his Super Saiyan 2 powers. So maybe its the same idea in Dante's case, hence the "Desperation" in the title.

or Trunks when 17 & 18 killed Gohan in his future...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Exactly, that would make the "Desperation" within the title make sense. Dt is like Super Saiyan 1 and DDT is like Super Saiyan 2. That's how I view it. Poor future Gohan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom