• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's Bloody Palace MOD

Romy

So we're getting very very close to it, yeah. A dude named Finalzwj is close to it as it seems, thanks a bunch dude. It's still missing DemonPull/AngelLift, timer, Doppelganger and Vergil's SFX. Once all that is in, it's done I think.

D

Deleted member 25469

Well, it also needs Vergil-specific enemies in it and Vergil's boss battles (as Dante's bosses crash the game with Vergil as far as I know).

Getting there, kudos to the mod maker and thank you Romy for the update!

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Man if this good enough maybe ninja could just ask for the files and tweak it to work for consoles and then.......everyone can enjoy this

Romy

Here's what it plays like:

The stages skip 3-4 levels every time as well as bosses. (it goes like 1,4,7,10,15 etc)
Vergil's summoned swords don't work, except for Blistering Swords.
Vergil's SFX not present, except for the angel glide.
No Doppelganger.

As for the color coded enemies, Vergil can attack both Frost and Hell Knights with any attack you want, but here's the problem. When you get to Ghost Rage, you're done. Attacks don't work on him whatsoever. You just have to let him kill you. After that, the game crashes once you get to mission completion screen.

So yeah, it'll be difficult to make this mod to perfection.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Macabre...please just shut up with the negative bent on NT. It doesn't help nearly any conversation you're part of. Just because they didn't do it, doesn't mean they couldn't. That's it.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Macabre...please just shut up with the negative bent on NT. It doesn't help nearly any conversation you're part of. Just because they didn't do it, doesn't mean they couldn't. That's it.

Whether or not he was being cynical with his comment, Macabre is still right there. The game creators didn't make this feature for us so the players are making it themselves for everyone and for free and that's all there is to it.

AlchemistFromEden

Whether or not he was being cynical with his comment, Macabre is still right there. The game creators didn't make this feature for us so the players are making it themselves for everyone and for free and that's all there is to it.
this doesn't mean that NT was incapable of doing it like macabre said -_- period

Judgement

You guys are reading too much into what I and he said. Facts are they didn't make Vergil Bloody Palace for us. Who knows they still might but I doubt it and they will probably charge us for it. Did I say I agreed with his statement that they couldn't do it? Nope. I only affirmed part of what he said isn't false that how these fans are great and doing us all a favor while NT didn't. I think everyone knows they could make it if they chose to but their inaction kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?

AlchemistFromEden

I think everyone knows they could make it if they chose to but their inaction kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?
if everyone knew that they could do it "which they obviously can but chose not to as it would take a very large effort to do things like the poison fight without vergil T posing during cutscenes and yes cutscenes have to stay because otherwise they'd have to redo the fight so that poison can be defeated without the use of the demon pull to grapple here and there's only so much you can do to keep a dlc free, so to say this is an easy thing to do, (consider its taken more than a month just to make the mod like this that is functioning) its very difficult so people like macabre should stop pretending like NT can't do it when they obviously can but would have to make us pay for it for the large amount of work that would have to go into making it function as if made by a triple A developer and not one guy -_-

D

Deleted member 25469

I still think there's no excuse for the lack of Turbo Mode or Vergil's Bloody palace. It would require significantly more polish and work to be of "actual content" standards, but with the expertise of their people, the amount of said people and the flexibility and ease of development that comes from having the actual sources AND the tools/frameworks, they could've whipped up both things in less than a week completely realistically.

This is coming from someone who'll be a fully-fledged Computer Engineer next year, who has a brother who has been an actual computer engineer for a year and a half. I'm not just guessing here.

With that said, I fully agree that this isn't a matter of "we didn't want to make it" or "we couldn't make it". This is a matter of "It wasn't in our development plans as agreed with CAPCOM, who calls the final shots".

Ninja Theory has more than enough expertise to develop both things quickly and efficiently, and the only reason they didn't do it is simply because "that's how business works".

AlchemistFromEden

I still think there's no excuse for the lack of Turbo Mode or Vergil's Bloody palace. It would require significantly more polish and work to be of "actual content" standards, but with the expertise of their people, the amount of said people and the flexibility and ease of development that comes from having the actual sources AND the tools/frameworks, they could've whipped up both things in less than a week completely realistically.
if you think this is true then you don't really know anything about game development and time management
This is coming from someone who'll be a fully-fledged Computer Engineer next year, who has a brother who has been an actual computer engineer for a year and a half. I'm not just guessing here.
i'm an animation major and have talked to developers before, making a dlc does not take a week, turbo mode would be easier to make then a fully fledged bloody palace mode but still a fully fledged mode for a different character would take time, effort, and money
With that said, I fully agree that this isn't a matter of "we didn't want to make it" or "we couldn't make it". This is a matter of "It wasn't in our development plans as agreed with CAPCOM, who calls the final shots".
oh look, somebody understands the meaning of the word priorities when it comes to game development, glad i'm not the only one
Ninja Theory has more than enough expertise to develop both things quickly and efficiently, and the only reason they didn't do it is simply because "that's how business works".
basically

D

Deleted member 25469

Alchemist, the entire Bloody Palace structure was already made for Dante. Enemy archetypes and bosses developed for Vergil's Downfall. Vergil's BP would have been done in no time, period. Actual development would have taken a week or less, with any extra time spent in testing and working with MS/Sony and their systems to publish and distribute additional contents.

AlchemistFromEden

Alchemist, the entire Bloody Palace structure was already made for Dante. Enemy archetypes and bosses developed for Vergil's Downfall. Vergil's BP would have been done in no time, period. Actual development would have taken a week or less, with any extra time spent in testing and working with MS/Sony and their systems to publish and distribute additional contents.
exactly, the entire bloody palace mode was made for dante as in things like poison and the hunter fight and especially mundus are made entirely for him and for him to interact with, they'd have to create new animations for vergil for fighting EVERY boss in the game, this would take a lot of time and money to do, you don't create animations these crisp in week -_-

D

Deleted member 25469

He doesn't need to fight Dante's bosses, that's the thing. I thought we were talking about making VERGIL's bloody palace?

Judgement

He doesn't need to fight Dante's bosses, that's the thing. I thought we were talking about making VERGIL's bloody palace?

Good point. I do think it would be cool if we could fight Dante's Bosses with Vergil though as well as his own. It would be quite simple too, edit out the cut-scenes.

Romy

I don't get how this has turned into a "what NT didn't or did do" discussion". This is about a mod topic conversation. The rest is silence...

Top Bottom