• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

I doubt it, Vergil isn't dead per se`, but is trapped in the Demon World, which he said he will stay in since it was his father's homeland. So, I don't think they will give him a change in character and decided to come back to the Human World.

Keaton

Premium
Railazel;175783 said:
I doubt it, Vergil isn't dead per se`, but is trapped in the Demon World, which he said he will stay in since it was his father's homeland. So, I don't think they will give him a change in character and decided to come back to the Human World.

Technically Vergil is not confirmed to be Aliver or Dead.

When Dante defeated him in DMC1 he disapeared into the sky with a brilliant flash of light, thus suggesting that he either...

a) Died in a horrible explosion
b) Was freed from Mundus' demonic control and also his Nelo Body

A theory is that Nero is actually Vergils leftover humanity when he went full-demon (Nelo). But alas just a theory.

I really hope they bring Vergil back, as Vergil (not Nero), even just as a flash back or clone...nothing beats using Yamato properly ^^

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Railazel;175783 said:

Have you played DMC1? He died (or disappeared) in DMC1 . And the DMC3 events are before the DMC1's.

Railazel

Yes, I played it, how do you think I got into DMC?

Anyways, Keaton, its true what you said, I don't know about choice b and everyhting following it, you might have to explain that part to me. As for the theory you pointed out, I have very, very high doubts about that.

Novelisk

Insane Devil Hunter
Railazel;176063 said:
Yes, I played it, how do you think I got into DMC?

Anyways, Keaton, its true what you said, I don't know about choice b and everyhting following it, you might have to explain that part to me. As for the theory you pointed out, I have very, very high doubts about that.

If you had played it, then you would not have made that previous statement about him being trapped in the demon world. I think you got into Devil May Cry by playing 3.

My theory is that when Nero became a half-demon thanks to the devil bringer (he wasn't always a half demon. "From that day, my arm changed, and a voice echoed, power, more power!") It had something to do with Vergil's soul or power, which may be why he resonates with Yamato so well. further evidence is the voice wanting power, which was Vergil's ultimate goal from the start.

Zato-OW

King
Vergil was already dead in DMC1. His soul was just being used to power the armor it was placed in. DMC4 claims that Vergil being the "departed" meaning deceased brother of Dante.

amellery1

lets kick some ass!...
I dont like vergil but if he reborns dmc5 it will be pretty cool becouse since dmc 3 there is a bbbiiiiigggggggg change of graphics

Devil's Haircut

in my mind
All I know is that I'd love to see Vergil again, and I have a feeling a lot of DMC fans feel the same way. He's an incredibly likable character, and his fights are some of the most memorable of the series. I remember the main reason I got DMC3 was because they reintroduced his character.

So no matter how they write him back into the story, I hope they appeal (read: pander) to Devil May Cry fans -- at the very least, it would be a wise marketing strategy on Capcom's part to keep him around. :D

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Keaton;176019 said:
Technically Vergil is not confirmed to be Aliver or Dead.

When Dante defeated him in DMC1 he disapeared into the sky with a brilliant flash of light, thus suggesting that he either...

a) Died in a horrible explosion
b) Was freed from Mundus' demonic control and also his Nelo Body

A theory is that Nero is actually Vergils leftover humanity when he went full-demon (Nelo). But alas just a theory.

I really hope they bring Vergil back, as Vergil (not Nero), even just as a flash back or clone...nothing beats using Yamato properly ^^

You have good theories there. Though it would suck if Vergil has in fact died in a horrible explosion. It would be a sucky way to go for someone like Vergil.

I really do hope Vergil comes back, but I highly doubt it, knowing CAPCOM won't listen to us fans lol.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I really don't see any point to bringing back Vergil whatsoever. I will agree he was awesome but we have fought him SIX times and played through a whole game as him. In my eyes DMC has moved on. The whole Dante vs Vergil thing was supposed to decide who was to obtain the full power of Sparda and Dante has already won...twice, bringing back Vergil will only drag the story backwards and create a pointless storyline with him for no reason other than people want to see him again. Dante has already proven himself as the chosen son of Sparda.

Personally I don't think simply being kick ass is a good enough reason to bring Vergil back from the dead. I think Capcom need to think of a way to move DMC forward and not let Vergil fans walk all over what they have planned for the series, which seems to be Nero at the moment.

ChefNero

Dante Must Die.
sLash;175777 said:
i hope they bring vergil back to life and giving him a kickass newlook DT, :cool:

I hope they bring him back too. Hopefully with more power or else he'd have no reason to come back.

Devil's Haircut

in my mind
darth_angelo45;179355 said:
The whole Dante vs Vergil thing was supposed to decide who was to obtain the full power of Sparda and Dante has already won...twice, bringing back Vergil will only drag the story backwards and create a pointless storyline with him for no reason other than people want to see him again. Dante has already proven himself as the chosen son of Sparda.

Personally I don't think simply being kick ass is a good enough reason to bring Vergil back from the dead.

Ah, but I don't think he is just a badass. What I like about Vergil's character is that he's got depth -- something that is sometimes few and far between in DMC. Sure, he wants power, but his motives are not completely clear, nor is his relationship with Dante entirely fleshed out.

Let's face it: Dante's badass, but he's not exactly deep. He's flashy, arrogant and stylish (and we love him for it). Vergil, I think, has some room in his story to grow, maybe even room for redemption.

If, however, they were to bring him back just to have you fight him again, I'd agree with you Darth, that would be kinda silly. He'd just get beat again -- rinse, wash, repeat.

Darth Angelo

Devil's Haircut;179391 said:
Let's face it: Dante's badass, but he's not exactly deep.

He used to be:( before DMC3, he had a sinister side and an emotional side. But in 1 he pretty much faced off with the biggest threat he is ever going to face so where do you go from there? (well prequel of course) then what?
I think its now impossible for Capcom to give Dante any depth unless they start throwing some serious obsticles in his way. Like if Trish has been double crossing him the whole time which could explain why she is so attached to Sparda. You know, something to catch Dante off guard and really cut him deep. Thats what he needs now.

Sorry im going off topic, yeah I would like to maybe see the Dante and Vergil relationship fleshed out a bit but only in another prequel. Bringing Vergil back in a sequel would accomplish nothing.

ChefNero

Dante Must Die.
darth_angelo45;179408 said:
He used to be:( before DMC3, he had a sinister side and an emotional side. But in 1 he pretty much faced off with the biggest threat he is ever going to face so where do you go from there? (well prequel of course) then what?
I think its now impossible for Capcom to give Dante any depth unless they start throwing some serious obsticles in his way. Like if Trish has been double crossing him the whole time which could explain why she is so attached to Sparda. You know, something to catch Dante off guard and really cut him deep. Thats what he needs now.

Sorry im going off topic, yeah I would like to maybe see the Dante and Vergil relationship fleshed out a bit but only in another prequel. Bringing Vergil back in a sequel would accomplish nothing.

If they gave Dante depth he'd be a lot similar to Nero.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
ChefNero;179412 said:
If they gave Dante depth he'd be a lot similar to Nero.

Agreed, minus the whole Devil Bringer thing XD

Devil's Haircut

in my mind
darth_angelo45;179408 said:
Sorry im going off topic, yeah I would like to maybe see the Dante and Vergil relationship fleshed out a bit but only in another prequel.

Would be interesting to see what they were like as kids. Very... violent kids. :lol:

I know the manga kinda went into that; I would imagine having Vergil as a brother would be just shy as bad as having, say, Caine as your brother.

On a side note (warning, major tangent here)... I always loved the fact that Vergil's signature color was blue and Dante's was red. In a lot of early video games (heck, modern ones too), blue was player one and red was player two. My own brother, being the older of us, claimed the rights to first-player controller (ah, the power of being able to pause!!) and thus was always blue while I was red in games like Contra, Altered Beast, Double Dragon, etc. Years later we joked about how I was more like Dante and he was more like Vergil anyway. :lol:

Oof! Sorry, back on track... If Vergil is in future games, I'd love to see him have a more clear objective. Although powers is fun. (Like pausing.)

Darth Angelo

Devil's Haircut;179840 said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :lol:

Wow, I had forgotten about that one... "You have the face, but you'll never have her fire!"

Of course not, two of the most epic scenes in any DMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom