• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richai

Whats so great about this guy? Having not played 3 (I jumped straight from DMC1 to DMC4) why is this guy so cool? I know why i think Dante is, just a badass all round. But whats Virgil got? Answer on a post card please :p

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
What's so cool about Vergil eh?
First of all he is Dante's twin (big) brother.
He idolized Sparda and awakened his demonic powers before Dante. In a sense he is the opposite of Dante, while being as cool as him at the same time (it's a different type of coolness).
Unlike Dante, Vergil doesn't view guns as weapons for a true warrior, he relies only on Devil Arms and Summoned Swords (which are projectile swords in a sense, Nero uses them too).
He is the guy who doesn't offer charity to demons. Everything that annoys him dies instantly. There was a boss in DMC3 that Dante had some difficulties with (although he won) and Vergil killed it in a flash.
He wields Yamato and uses Darkslayer, but not the Darkslayer in DMC4. In DMC3 it is the power to transport instantly wherever you want, whether it is up, down, front, back, etc. You could say it is the opposite of Devil Bringer since you transport near the enemy instead of getting them to come to you.

Vergil lusts for power. And knowledge. But what made him the bad guy is that he uses whatever means to achieve that goal. He is Dante's eternal rival, the only one who was a match for Dante except the Devil Emperor that Sparda defeat.

Also here's a video from Vergil's opening in Special Edition of DMC3. Do not worry about spoilers, it actually has nothing to do with the story, it was just added in the Special Edition to make the player feel that he plays Vergil's storyline.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5161zG5z78

Devil Razer

Drifter
I like vergils calm and cool collected attitude. He is not cocky like dante, but he has the same determination and focus

Richai

Ah so Yamato was Vergils.. he does look abit of a bad *** admittedly, but what is his overall goal? I know he was raising that tower in DMC3, but does he want to defeat all the demons as Dantes does?

-Secondly, can someone explain this to me. The Sword Rebellion, now its brother blade would be Yamato correct? In DMC1 Dante uses the force edge to begin with, yet if im thinking right he also had Rebellion at this time as its after DMC3. Im probably wrong, as im no DMC3 vet, but couldnt Dante become sparda(Well not become Sparda, but take on his devil form) in DMC3, and wasnt that only possible when force edge was upgraded into the Sparda? (Which didnt happen until DMC1)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Richai;67285 said:
Ah so Yamato was Vergils.. he does look abit of a bad *** admittedly, but what is his overall goal? I know he was raising that tower in DMC3, but does he want to defeat all the demons as Dantes does?

-Secondly, can someone explain this to me. The Sword Rebellion, now its brother blade would be Yamato correct? In DMC1 Dante uses the force edge to begin with, yet if im thinking right he also had Rebellion at this time as its after DMC3. Im probably wrong, as im no DMC3 vet, but couldnt Dante become sparda(Well not become Sparda, but take on his devil form) in DMC3, and wasnt that only possible when force edge was upgraded into the Sparda? (Which didnt happen until DMC1)

Vergil wanted power. But since he failed to get it, we don't know what he would do with it.

Secondly. Well, if Rebellion had to have a brother blade that would be Yamato yeah.
In DMC1, my theory is that if we take DMC3 as part of the storyline then Dante definitely had Rebellion then, but chose to take Force Edge with him due to having to face the most powerful devil except Sparda (Mundus).
In DMC3 Dante could only become "Sparda" when you used him in DMC1 attire;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
You guys left out the part that Vergil is hawt. XD Nah im kidding. But yeah dude, you should get the game,(richai) it's only 20 bucks.

Richai

I really am debating it, mainly because i want to face of against Vergil. Ah i see about the DMC3 sparda thing, i absolutely loved sparda(when dante was in that form)'s appearance in DMC1. In the future i hope we see a game thats actually focused on Sparda, ie see him when Mundus told the demons to rise up and try and take over the human world, and Sparda going "Not in my town". Would love to see that <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom