• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok here are the things I noticed in Vergil's gameplay:

1. He's got a move very similar to what Raiden does in MGR when you do Ninja Run and execute light attacks.

2. You can perform Judgement Cut in the air too.

3. I think I saw a Dance Macabre-like move, but he's got Million Stab at the very least for sure.

4. Summoned Swords absolutely wreck Blitz (even though they were playing on low difficulty, as always happens with demos).

5. You don't need full Concentration gauge to execute the fullscreen super move (even though I guess it gets more powerful with max gauge).

6. Rapid Slash in DT goes through Angelos' shields like Dante's Stinger.

7. I think I saw a move where he twirls a Summoned Sword over his head.

8. Beowulf can be charged.

9. Judgement Cut can be seemlessly chained right after any hit of a Yamato combo.

10. He's got the sprint as well.

Overall it looked friggin sick even if the guy playing wasn't particularly skilled at all.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The combat potential is huge with him, esp with the engine used in 4 , my god I will have so much fun playing and making vids of DMC4Se

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Try not to start a damn war please. We are here for DMC4 not DmC so keep it out of this discussion.

ON TOPIC: Vergil looks godly... I hope he has some more moves and I hope we get some GregaMan streams.

Greg already said in the podcast he will stream every character starting from end of April.

Frazz

General gamer
Greg already said in the podcast he will stream every character starting from end of April.
Awesome! I'm hoping that we get a western release date either by the start of those streams or just before. It actually bugs me that we don't have a release date yet...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Wait til we get to play as him so , with the new teleport system too he has an answer to guardflying and it can probably used to do star raves if he has aerial rave for force edge like dante

but if not you can do it with yamato anyway

oh the POSSIBLITIES !!! :D

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wait til we get to play as him so , with the new teleport system too he has an answer to guardflying and it can probably used to do star raves if he has aerial rave for force edge like dante

but if not you can do it with yamato anyway

oh the POSSIBLITIES !!! :D

F*ck me for doubting of Itsuno and his team.

Now I really have my hopes up for Trish and Lady as well.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I told you to have faith fox buddy , look how well old and new and reused moves have worked for vergil , they will most likely do the same for trish and lady

though I think trish will be more fun to play as

nero isn't gona get a look in on my game file once I beat parts in the story with him that I have to

Once I try lady and trish I reckon it will be Dante and Vergil main and then trish

Blazer-X

So lets see:

Yamato: Rapid slash pretty much confirmed. (As if it wasn't a foregone conclusion) DT Rapid Slash seems to go through all the enemies on screen and definitely looks like the new Drill Stinger. Aerial judgment cut is a nice surprise, although I will kinda miss the multi-hit property from DmC. Aerial rave is slightly disappointing that they used the DmC version. Original was much better, IMO.

Beowulf: Didnt get to see enough of it to really comment, tbh. Lunar phase was cool to see again, but DT lunar phase incorporating the rising star feels a little off, IMO. Thought I saw a Kick-13 there, which was kind of weird, because I am not sure how they are fitting that input in when we already know he gets rising dragon and lunar phase. Either it is part of his standard combo or Vergil has swordmaster after all. Finally, not sure how I feel about the charging. DMC3 Vergil didnt have it to make him different from Dante, but now thats no longer the case.

Force Edge: Even more Rebellion esque than its last outing. Now we got its variation of Reb Combo B and Dance Macabre. Aerial stinger didnt exactly work the way I thought it would (was thinking more Caliber and less a short dash, decent AOE stab), but its cool nonetheless.

Finally, Dimensional Slash Hyper Combo. That was freakin awesome. If only they could also include Dark Angel and throw in Million Dollars for Dante.

Veloran

rsusIo8.gif

Viper

Premium
If you look at it when the gif is still slower cause of loading, you can actually see nicely individual Vergil projections leaving the real one, then returning. :inlove:

Top Bottom