• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

Khundy

Berserker
I love all the styles, but just want more weapons. Also just royal guard in the air after any attack and you're golden and can't you just change your key map to whatever you want so its easier for you to trickster and what not. You're not forced to use any style unless you're in automatic mode I believe.

So really the skins are the only thing I'm looking forward to now for Dante and Nero. titty strap dante!

ji-high

Not really. Royal Block has a cancel function, Royal Release has invincibility frames so you can get past enemy attacks with it (pretty useful against Angelos, you can get past their spears and damage the shield at the same time), and of course Just Releases simply wreck enemies out of existence.
RG is actually the most OP Style when used correctly (the timing isn't even that hard, even I can do it, and I have little to no experience with RG), not at all useless.
Royal Guard, for example, is just useless to me. I suck at it and have no intention to improve.

ji-high

I love all the styles, but just want more weapons. Also just royal guard in the air after any attack and you're golden and can't you just change your key map to whatever you want so its easier for you to trickster and what not. You're not forced to use any style unless you're in automatic mode I believe.

So really the skins are the only thing I'm looking forward to now for Dante and Nero. titty strap dante!
It's still there and it takes a valuable slot even though i never use it. I should've been able to get rid of it. After games like Bayonetta and DmC i just wish they gave the control scheme a little overhaul. Still hoping they made use of the additional pad on PS4 for weapons/styles switching though.

Last edited:

ji-high

@ji-high just because you suck at it and don't want to improve doesn't mean it's useless. In fact it's not.
Jesus Christ. I said the style is useless TO ME and i added that i wish they gave the players the OPTION to get rid of it in the control scheme. I hope it's clear now even though i wonder why it wasn't after 2 posts saying essentially the same thing.

I don't have to play the game like you or anybody else. Royal guard is useless for this player.

scionicspectre

I'm sure every style is useless to someone. That's why we have them, because they're all equally useful to someone else.

I totally agree that we should find a way to streamline the controls- not to simplify the combat, but to make room for more complex gameplay while reducing cognitive load. Of course, I do question just how feasible a proposition that is.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Jesus Christ. I said the style is useless TO ME and i added that i wish they gave the players the OPTION to get rid of it in the control scheme. I hope it's clear now even though i wonder why it wasn't after 2 posts saying essentially the same thing.

I don't have to play the game like you or anybody else. Royal guard is useless for this player.

Sorry I interpreted your sentence as if you were saying that in your opinion RG is useless in general, instead you meant that it doesn't suit the way you play.

Keep calm man, everyone can misinterpret.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It is pretty useless from a non-master player's perspective.

Well that's debatable. I'm not a master by any means, kinda average or slightly above that, but I use RG against Angelos a lot, for example, cause of the i frames and the shield damaging properties of Royal Release (even if the RG bar is not full it works).

I use it against Mephistos and Fausts as well, for the same reasons.

And besides, nothing wrong to give master players something too. Guard Fly is one of the most stylish techniques in all the franchise, that only very skilled players can pull off, and that's thanks to RG.

scionicspectre

It's true that Royal Guard is basically the last style people master because it relies so much on understanding each individual enemy, rather than simply understanding Dante.

Khundy

Berserker
just don't upgrade or press the style button? Dark slayer did **** me off for a bit since its chosen when you double press a style, but you get used to it and it eventually came in very handy.

style switching is the ****! in my opinion.

also change it to R3 if you really don't want to use it

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I said the same thing twice. Maybe you should've taken your own advice and read my posts more carefully.

I just got fooled by the different meanings that "to me" can have in my native language, man. It's not that I didn't pay attention to your post. Every day one learns something, I guess. Now that the issue is settled, let's just get over it.

Kusanagi7

Motoko 4 lyfe!
GregaMan answered more questions, it seems vergil is using a lot of attack and style for his moves rather than back to forward inputs.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Would be so epic if they had a way to program dante's ai for his boss fight so he jc's ypu and royal guards and is a nightmare to beat , fighting him head on with vergil would be so epic that way

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Would be so epic if they had a way to program dante's ai for his boss fight so he jc's ypu and royal guards and is a nightmare to beat , fighting him head on with vergil would be so epic that way

Holy crap man, that would be so OP of him... it would frustrate the sh!t out of people LOL

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It would make the fight near impossible , it woild take hours and would not be able to be speed ran

only the very best could beat him , however to be fair it would have to be on gmd mode or else it would break the game

plus on gmd mode he already dt"s so imagine all that with a dt dante

Khundy

Berserker
It would make the fight near impossible , it woild take hours and would not be able to be speed ran

only the very best could beat him , however to be fair it would have to be on gmd mode or else it would break the game

plus on gmd mode he already dt"s so imagine all that with a dt dante

how about fighting "dreadnought" Dante? hahahahahhahaha

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Some more Lady & Trish Gameplay,
not sure how to feel on Lady to be honest, I'll have to play the characers myself since these videos don't really give me the right gameplay to judge.

Top Bottom