• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil Trick Canceling (with video)

EvilX-81

Don't know if anyone's posted it, but for some reason hitting someone with a Drive > Killer Bee combo causes the enemy to go flying as if shot out of a cannon. Tighter the timing, the farther the flight. Dunno what the use of that could be though lol.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Don't know if anyone's posted it, but for some reason hitting someone with a Drive > Killer Bee combo causes the enemy to go flying as if shot out of a cannon. Tighter the timing, the farther the flight. Dunno what the use of that could be though lol.

Yep I have noticed this many times. I now as a reflex pull enemies backto me after doing such moves since I know they are going to fly off the map(you still get the environmental bonus but it's easier and more fun to keep hitting them to keep up your rank) or get away from me.

DarkSlayer54

Kind of off-topic, but has anyone here been able to do an equivalent to two trick-ups?
While I was playing I did trick-up with a combination of who knows what, and Vergil tricked-up twice the distance than he normally would. I wasn't able to replicate it..

zarion

Is this new to you folks? Known about this for weeks, jump cancelling is also way easier with Vergil.
Another thing to note is that Tricking in combination with pulls and jumps will allow you to reach many new areas, some lost souls are impossible to reach without Tricking for instance. Also you can only twice while you're in the air, you will have to touch ground/enemy step to use trick again.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Sorry, let me add to that.

Knowing that I can Trick Cancel has just increased my love of playing as Vergil. I was having trouble getting used to his combat, because it felt like...he was slower...or he had more negative frames.

I've never felt like saying this before, but..."Now, I'm motivated." Seriously.

zarion

Kind of off-topic, but has anyone here been able to do an equivalent to two trick-ups?
While I was playing I did trick-up with a combination of who knows what, and Vergil tricked-up twice the distance than he normally would. I wasn't able to replicate it..
You jump and then trick, to re-trick up you will have to step on an enemy.

If you could do a single aerial attack that launches the enemy higher in the air you would literally never have to touch the ground. Vergil's attacks are mostly ground based, when you're in the air it's all about slamming the enemy down again.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
yeah, playing into mission three, Vergil's all about quick one on one ground attacks and keeping them on the ground...very contrary to Dante, it's a nice contrast and keeps you on your toes between teh two styles of combat play

Judgement

I've also learned you can spam the angel mode ranged heavy spiral sword move without even losing altitude if you use the trick down to cancel, the trick up cancel may give you can extra hit or two but you will fall fast. Sorry I can't remember the name for it right now. I don't really use it since you have to aim it right and enemies have to be in the right spot but it is still something worth knowing about. The OP did it in his post but wasn't able to keep doing so without falling so I though I'd share that.

Romy

Nice. The only thing that bothers me is that it's slower than JCing. And if speed matter to you like me, you'll stick with JCing.

Judgement

Nice. The only thing that bothers me is that it's slower than JCing. And if speed matter to you like me, you'll stick with JCing.

I've actually tested it and it is actually just as fast as JC for some moves if you can do it just right. You're right though some other moves aren't as fast. It is however actually a bit faster if you mash both trick buttons when attacking haha though it is a pain to do so.

Romy

I've actually tested it and it is actually just as fast as JC for some moves if you can do it just right. You're right though some other moves aren't as fast. It is however actually a bit faster if you mash both trick buttons when attacking haha though it is a pain to do so.

Also, when you're canceling AR with TrickUp, you slowly fall down even at the fastest timing. So yeah, JCing is much better for me.

Victormaru

Technologist
True. I was just testing this. It all depends on what move you're doing.

Top Bottom