• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil Revealed for DmC

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well that's good I think?...

Capcom still does Special Editions what do you think Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom & Super Street Fighter IV is?

A proper sequel or continuation?

35mfhj.jpg

Don't make me laugh. A DmC Special Edition is still possible. Why?

capcom-logo.jpg

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Saw this earlier this week n went nuts (in a good way). THEY ACTUALLY LET'IM KEEP YAMATO!! :w00t:
NO NO NO No Special Edition Capcom has done that sh*T like 50 times already the main reason why DMC3 had a special edition to begin with was because DMC3 was well broken in terms of difficulty well for Western releases that is....I heard the Japanese didn't get a Special Edition.
*raises hand* can i point out that it felt quite easy, despite bein' a Westerner :lol:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Saw this earlier this week n went nuts (in a good way). THEY ACTUALLY LET'IM KEEP YAMATO!! :w00t:

*raises hand* can i point out that it felt quite easy, despite bein' a Westerner :lol:

Did you played the Special Edition or the regular edition DMC3?

Agility

"Known"
If a video game company can't place in items/ideas before the deadline, then it's a privilege to have DLC.

What happens when you put unfinished content in a game?

People who can't afford DLC tend to complain the most. Well, we wanted that option for a very long time and now that we have it, stfu!

berto

I Saw the Devil
If a video game company can't place in items/ideas before the deadline, then it's a privilege to have DLC.

What happens when you put unfinished content in a game?

People who can't afford DLC tend to complain the most. Well, we wanted that option for a very long time and now that we have it, stfu!
Well, first off, don't tell people to stfu.

Second, that's all good and fine but do you realize who we are dealing with? Capcom has released, in every game in the last few years, games with the DLC already on disc. They are not charging for what they didn't finish, they are charging you for access to the rest of the content on disc, so no, it ain't about what they didn't finish before the deadline, since DmC has been all but compleated and it's down to fine tunning, it's about milking the gamer for all they're worth.

Agility

"Known"

Second, that's all good and fine but do you realize who we are dealing with? Capcom has released, in every game in the last few years, games with the DLC already on disc. They are not charging for what they didn't finish, they are charging you for access to the rest of the content on disc, so no, it ain't about what they didn't finish before the deadline, since DmC has been all but compleated and it's down to fine tunning, it's about milking the gamer for all they're worth.

I was telling that little ignorant voice in people's heads to stfu. Not the people themselves.

Think of it like this, if you had a product that you can break even with, but need more money to make it beneficial how would you go about doing it?

Trying to keep the lights on is one thing but, trying to keep the lights on and buy a new house is another. Which is why you're seeing sequels left and right. You hear about them selling thousands of units but you don't know the exact cost it takes to make that unit in the first place.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Did you played the Special Edition or the regular edition DMC3?
First i bought the special edition *comon sense told me get the one with more stuff* then i heard the rumor that it was made because the original was so difficult, so i bought that liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike a few weeks later n as I'm playin it, I'm thinkin to myself "What soccer mom bought her wimp-ass kid this gem? It's like Lord Zedd all over again"

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was telling that little ignorant voice in people's heads to stfu. Not the people themselves.

Think of it like this, if you had a product that you can break even with, but need more money to make it beneficial how would you go about doing it?

Trying to keep the lights on is one thing but, trying to keep the lights on and buy a new house is another. Which is why you're seeing sequels left and right. You hear about them selling thousands of units but you don't know the exact cost it takes to make that unit in the first place.
If I follow your analogy you are saying that Capcom does it because the cost of making the game itself is only the initial cost and there are other important parts of game development like factory costs for discs and booklets, adverticement, shipping costs, and so forth. Therefore, if the folks at Capcom like eating every day they need to make more money than what they spend.

Capcom got themselves into this predicament because they insist on screwing over their customers. They began loosing busines when people realized that the DLC that was comming in the next few months was already in the disc and the people weren't paying for a product that was built after release but something they wanted to charge extra for and pass it off as new content. Ofcourse people are ****ed, they were taking advatage of the spirit of what DLC was created for in the first place. Other companies do just fine without resorting to such questionable practices. I'm sure Capcom sees it another way but from our perspective we having to spend more for what once was already included. The way many people see it is that we are been forced to constantly repay for something that we should've gotten already. If you have to pay full price you'd better get the full product.

From this point NT and Capcom have four months to design and develop a Vergil skin or unique levels for him. If they add it as DLC or as a Special edition then it'll be something they held on to charge extra.

Personally, as soon as I heard that they were doing DLC I made up my mind to not pay full price for that game. I'll get a used copy a week or two after release or I'll GameFly it and wait for their version of Game of the Year Edition.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Woah woah woah!!! I only recall Street Fighter X Tekken.....and maybe Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3......okay just SFXT with this problem. They already got many backlash for that fiasco......I doubt they'll do it again....they didn't do it for Dragon's Dogma &.........its still possible they'll take something out and sell it off disk and I'm sure NT will have no say in what happens with DLC.

Agility

"Known"
If I follow your analogy you are saying that Capcom does it because the cost of making the game itself is only the initial cost and there are other important parts of game development like factory costs for discs and booklets, adverticement, shipping costs, and so forth. Therefore, if the folks at Capcom like eating every day they need to make more money than what they spend.

Capcom got themselves into this predicament because they insist on screwing over their customers. They began loosing busines when people realized that the DLC that was comming in the next few months was already in the disc and the people weren't paying for a product that was built after release but something they wanted to charge extra for and pass it off as new content. Ofcourse people are ****ed, they were taking advatage of the spirit of what DLC was created for in the first place. Other companies do just fine without resorting to such questionable practices. I'm sure Capcom sees it another way but from our perspective we having to spend more for what once was already included. The way many people see it is that we are been forced to constantly repay for something that we should've gotten already. If you have to pay full price you'd better get the full product.

From this point NT and Capcom have four months to design and develop a Vergil skin or unique levels for him. If they add it as DLC or as a Special edition then it'll be something they held on to charge extra.

Personally, as soon as I heard that they were doing DLC I made up my mind to not pay full price for that game. I'll get a used copy a week or two after release or I'll GameFly it and wait for their version of Game of the Year Edition.

You never answered my question.

Top Bottom