• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil on Heaven or Hell

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay, so I'm having quite a bit of difficulty beating Vergil on Heaven or Hell (everything dies in one hit), and I'm wondering if the times I beat the game before were just a fluke.

How in the hell do you defeat him? I know you've gotta deal the final blow while you're in DT, but...I can't. I wasted several Devil Stars trying to do it, only to have everything parried and/or get killed before I can get an attack to land.

I've had to sit around and deal with his doppleganger for a minuscule amount of Purple Orbs just to get to the DT threshold (all while constantly at risk), and then when I spend two of the initial six seconds of DT in the trigger animation, I miss my chance to get in that free shot I need when he won't block or parry.

Am I missing a step that I normally went through on the other difficulties...? Is the risk of dying in one hit making me miss something important...?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
When I did it, I caught him with the gun, lead the doppleganger away from Vergil, so when I devil triggered, I could angel dash right over and finish Vergil with the sword.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
See, I tried that, and his doppelganger still parried any attack I tried to do on him. I remember that's what I did last time, but...maybe it got jiggered or something :/

Oh well, I'll try it later. It frustrated me to no end for now :C

btmudd28

I was able to Demon Pull him when he shot up in the air for his Killer Bee attack and land an attack on him. After that when he's recharging his health, I popped in a Devil Star, Devil Triggered, lured the doppelganger away then Angel Boosted over and landed a Helm Breaker on his noggin.

Top Bottom