• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil = Nero Thread

VergilIsntdead

Well this thread is to post all theories about the possible relation betweem Nero( the way he looks, the arm, the spirit, whatever you want to relate) with our good old Vergil. Along with the other theory of him being sparda, i really don't think so because he has been dead for a long time now; and as well the spirit n nero is more reminiscent of Nelo Angelo than Sparda.

Well i start with my analysis on the view of the second battle scene between dante and nero, if you look real well, and compare it to the first fight cutscene of vergil-dante. It is almost the same, nero uses yamato takes rebellion away from dante( with the same movement vergil did), and then he becomes ready to do a stab right hard in dante( remember vergil in dmc3, didn't he do the same?) but with the difference that dante is older now and he isn't going to fall for the same trick, and avoids yamato, and defeats Nero.

At least for me, is a very clear hint of what could become of Nero along as the series continues, and is that he is VERGIL.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
okay from what I've gathered Nero has no real relation to the twins he instead just got lucky enough to receive a part of Nero(Nelo) Angelo and master it.
Now whether or not that spirit behind Nero is in fact Vergil or Nero's(Nelo's) energy is my question. I know your saying wait aren't they the same? well yes and no. Its similar to how Arkham was able to transform into Sparda just by having his sword and a few rituals.

Personally I think its just Nero's(Nelo's) energy and Vergil is someplace not even Dante knows of.....I hope.
Basically this entire game was just to introduce Nero and didn't further the main story at all.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Actually...

Nero is outright said by Sanctus to have the blood of Sparda. That means he DOES have a blood relation to Sparda himself.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
really? hmmm.... then Sparda got around i guess. Explains the white hair too. How many Sparda children could their be?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Doesn't have mean Sparda directly fathered Nero for him to have the blood of Sparda. It had been roughly two thousand years between when he beat Mundus and when he met Eva and fathered the twins. He could have have other children in that two thousand years, and they would have had family lines of their own. Nero could be like...say, Sparda's great-great-great-great-grandson. It would explain his lesser demon abilities, but also why he could be used for the ritual, and why Yamato resonated with him.

Zato-OW

King
I agree with Redgrave him being Vergil is stupid. But the DB is likely to be a piece of Nelo's soul Or a differnt Demon(im betting on a differnt demon). Berial made me rethink my previous theories of Dante and Nero just by both of there cut scenes with him.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
still Sparda got around which opens the door for many DMC stories, kinda like what castlevania did with the Belmont family.

Gyakutan

*spoilers*

Having viewed all the game's cutscenes, I think Nero is not Vergil per se, but is definitely channelling his spirit or is perhaps a reincarnation.
I haven't unlocked any of the secret art so I don't know what information they may provide yet I believe I have a viable arguement.

First, the obvious connection in names between Nero and Nelo Angelo. Second, Nero's outfit, while both red and blue, is primarily blue, reflecting that while young and brash, he is much more serious and irritable like Vergil. Series has used color for meaning before: Sparda - purple, Dante - red, Vergil - blue, connection to science and the mixture of light. Third, Sanctus only says, "Inherited the power of Sparda," And "Possesses the blood of Sparda." He never actually says "Son of Sparda", and that would make sense as: 1. Nero is not as powerful as Dante. 2. Goes against series lore. 3. No devil trigger, Yamato only triggers the demon shadow, another inclination that Nero is only channelling demon power that is not his own. 4. The use of the word inherited further supports the idea that he is a human that only gained demonic power.

But wait, how can he have Sparda's blood? That would mean he's a half-breed, yet he clearly isn't. My only plausible explanation is that as a possible reincarnation of Vergil, he would still have Sparda's blood, in a sense, yet could still be born a human. Either that, or the developers have completely abandoned DMC's storyline.

Next point, Nero's ressonance with Yamato. Yamato was Vergil's main weapon, and Nero was able to repair it and it is through the sword that we witness a visage of a demon. Next, the infamous echo, "Give me more power," that bellows when Nero gains the DB. This is a clear connection to Vergil's quote "I need more power," at the end of DMC3. From the flashback in DMC4, it is not exactly clear how Nero gained the DB, yet it is most logical that he was protecting Kyrie from a demon. Most likely it was merely a demon as opposed to say a spirit of Vergil or Nelo Angelo. The encounter with the demon somehow triggered a physical apparition of Nero's inherited demon power.

In addition, the second fight between Nero and Dante does play very much like the first between Dante and Vergil in DMC3, where Nero emulates Vergil's attempt to impale Dante with Rebellion. I believe the similarities are intentional.

My last point is the quote by Dante when he says, "I had my reasons for helping," at the end of the game. I believe this was a subtle hint to Dante's own belief that Nero was some sort of reincarnation of Vergil. Furthermore, Dante decides to entrust Yamato entirely to Nero, something I feel he wouldn't do on a whim for an item that held a lot of meaning.

Death God

^^you say he isnt a half breed yet his arm is constantly transformed must require alot of energey and it seems as though yamato awakened his power much like rebellion did dantes. i think parhps we might have a reincarnation of virgil but next begs the question of why this ability when nither dante nor virgil ever show any ability like it unless it is virgils spirit and in a last attempt after nelos demonic armor broke he needed another contianer and chose the weaker nero as a host because of his linieage to sparda,

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It's heavily implied that Nero is descended from Sparda through some other children he may have had over the centuries. Remember, just because he loved Eva doesn't mean she's the ONLY woman he ever loved. It's quite that the reason Sparda sided with humans in the first place was that he fell in love with a human woman, ala the Inu no Taishou from InuYasha. Having the blood of Sparda does not mean "Son of" or "Has to be a half-bree". It means that he is from a bloodline descended form Sparda.

The reason for as demon shadow instead of a Devil Trigger is simple; diluted lineage means diluted power. Nero can't transform, so his demon power manifests as an aura. In fact, he needs Yamato to empower that shadow. BTW, Yamato first and foremost was SPARDA'S sword. He passed it to Vergil, but it was Sparda's first, just like Force Edge and Rebellion. The sparda bloodline is what the sword resonated and was healed by.

Also, Sanctus' exact wording on Nero was "I admire a man who CARRIES THE BLOOD OF SPARDA." Ergo, Nero does not "posess", he has the bloodline of Sparda in him. I call long-term descendent now. Not a son, and thus half-breed, but a bloodline none the less. Mind you, that's theory. We may have to wait until DMC5 to find out more.

BTW, Nero's colors are all three Sparda colors. Red vest, blue pants, purple(and I mean DEEP purple) Coat.

Gyakutan

Hmm. It is possible that Nero is derived from another lineage of Sparda, but that would mean that Sparda would've had to have sired more half-breeds ala Vergil and Dante who would then continue the bloodline. It doesn't seem probable that characters who would most likely share the same level of power as Dante and Vergil would go unnoticed and unmentioned up to this point. In fact, to my knowledge, I don't believe the series has ever hinted at the possibility of Sparda sharing more than one relationship with a human woman.
Regardless, I really think Capcom should've given much more depth to Nero and his life in the Order. I felt like part of the story should've been discovering more of his role within the universe, but it didn't progress at all except for Nero's introduction.

And BTW that is one F'ng DEEEEEEEEEP purple

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Two thousand years, and the fact we don't know why Sparda turned on the demons implicates that there was a BIG reason why he favors humans. Plus, unlike Dante and Vergil, other half-breeds may have had reasons to really hide themselves, not make themselves obvious.

And yes, it IS a very deep purple, but after repeated color matches done, it's definitly purple, so Nero is wearing all three colors. That and his weapons are Red Queen and Blue Rose.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Offcourse the similarities are put there to make you think things that aren't true, I dont think that Nero is vergil in anyway.
If Vergil Is dead, which I believe he is * wishes he wasn't * then Capcom would just leave that character alone.

Naoki

Midnight Prowler
To be honest I wouldn't see a point of dragging more sparda related children out, I mean, I think they have done it enough so, let's not spoil it...

And Nero being Vergil? Unlikely...They seem too different...However Nero's arm reminds me of Beowulf for some reason.

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
I personally think Nero has the power of Vergil (aka the Devil Bringer). I mean, he wields Yamato, his devil aura is similar to Nelo Angelo, and not to mention his personality is a bit like him. Not sure, but that is what I personally think.

shiZy

DMC whore
nero is vergils son plus dante said that the yamato sword is his brothers and the sword responded to nero because he has vergils blood in him ... thats sums up fo ru

shiZy

DMC whore
but savior guy did say that nero has spardas blood in him and dante said that sword is vergil's ..

Zato-OW

King
... Nero is way too old to be Vergils son. Plus the Yamato was the Fortunas artifact after Sparda Sealed the Demon world with it. Sparda took the sword and hid it because it could re-open the Demon world. So he Gave it to Vergil B4 he died or w/e.Though Vergil use this sword as his primary weapon with Vergil its basicly just like Dante using Yamato. Now the sparda sword is the manifestation of Spardas power this doesnt go the same with Vergil and the Yamato.

Top Bottom