• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil censored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I've concluded that in the video games totally censored Vergil.
If you read the Manga and novels Vergil is way more ruthless and evil. For instance, in the video game during the library scene arkham was warned three times to leave. In the Manga on the second warning Vergil sliced the librarian near by to peices... Literaly. Her eyes were hanging out and her limbs had exploded I assume from the the powerful energy in the blade.

Yeah, on the second warning he killed her with out moving at all.

akcolbatah

yep vergil is the best, thats one of my favorite scenes are arkham and vergil. My favorite scene from them is when he asked arkahm why didnt you kill lady and he stabbed himm that was just relentless

lawltank

Ever heard of Battle Royale? Read the manga then watch the movie.

Pretty much the same as what you're trying to explain. But it was pretty extreme in the Battle Royale Manga so it was pretty reasonable to edit it a bit for the movie.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
lawltank;118883 said:
Ever heard of Battle Royale? Read the manga then watch the movie.

Pretty much the same as what you're trying to explain. But it was pretty extreme in the Battle Royale Manga so it was pretty reasonable to edit it a bit for the movie.

I'm SOOOOOO against censorship!

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Bringerofchaos;118862 said:
I've concluded that in the video games totally censored Vergil.
If you read the Manga and novels Vergil is way more ruthless and evil. For instance, in the video game during the library scene arkham was warned three times to leave. In the Manga on the second warning Vergil sliced the librarian near by to peices... Literaly. Her eyes were hanging out and her limbs had exploded I assume from the the powerful energy in the blade.

Yeah, on the second warning he killed her with out moving at all.

Meh I think some people get a thrill in ****ing fans off so they gotta change everytime. Although I think Vergil is fine in the game.

I agree with DE, censorship is stupid. Just because you block something out, it won't change the fact that it's not there. **** **** ass. XDXDXD Sorry if I offended anyone.

Esura

Vergilissexy;118894 said:
Meh I think some people get a thrill in ****ing fans off so they gotta change everytime. Although I think Vergil is fine in the game.

I agree with DA, censorship is stupid. Just because you block something out, it won't change the fact that it's not there. **** **** ass. XDXDXD Sorry if I offended anyone.

*DE

You didnt offend me. And what is that game in your sig.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
(I can't wait to get RE5 >.<)
Anyway; I think DMC gore is fine in the game, it would be nicer with a darker side though.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
cause in the beginning of Code 1....where the librian is chopped up...vergil isn't there. its just her, Dante and Arkham

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Good thread, BoC. +rep

I actually quite like the slightly more 'tamer' version of Vergil we get to play as in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. That particular scene you mentioned, in the library, I thought was handled pretty nicely and said a lot about Vergil's character. I'm not sure that I would be as much of a Vergil fanboy if he just went around slashing up every randomer all willy-nilly. I think Capcom managed to strike a nice balance for Vergil's personality in the Devil May Cry games.

Just my two pence.

Esura

devilmaycry;119084 said:
Good thread, BoC. +rep

I actually quite like the slightly more 'tamer' version of Vergil we get to play as in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. That particular scene you mentioned, in the library, I thought was handled pretty nicely and said a lot about Vergil's character. I'm not sure that I would be as much of a Vergil fanboy if he just went around slashing up every randomer all willy-nilly. I think Capcom managed to strike a nice balance for Vergil's personality in the Devil May Cry games.

Just my two pence.

Nice, but..........two pence? Do you mean two cent worth?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yep - all the staff but Tony_Redgrave are from the UK here...three of us live close by, about 5 mins apart.

Anywho, quick question about this Vergil business - is the manga related to the games or something separate with more artistic licence? I get really confused when people bring in details from other stuff like novels and animes when discussing DMC because I've never heard or seen of anything other than the games.

Do they follow the same story or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom