• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Update coming along with BP

chocolatepanda

Here's whats in the update
  • Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
  • Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
  • Arbiter “Drop” now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
  • Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
  • Damage done by weakest enemies increased
  • Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
  • Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
  • SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
  • No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Here's whats in the update
  • Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
  • Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
  • Arbiter “Drop” now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
  • Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
  • Damage done by weakest enemies increased
  • Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
  • Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
  • SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
  • No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)

Yea....Its still gonna get overused even if its lessened and they will exploit it (Via Overdrive,Prop Shredder, Tornado and Snake Eye are going to be heavily exploited and do the same as it did before the update)

vakarian23

Interesting. I wonder what "Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move." actually means. I hope they increase the parry window, I had a hard time parrying that move.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
...Yeah, can I opt out of some of these? I'm sorry if I LIKE Demon Dodge being an overshot boost that rewards you for having REALLY fine timing on dodging attacks at the right moment and getting style points for having awesome defesive parry and dodging skills.

Lord this is like an MMORPG patch update list, not an update for a console game. When did DmC become WoW?

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
In my opinion demon dodge gave too much of a boost since you could also stack it. It did more damage than DT and it actually isn't hard to pull off demon evade either, there is a good sized window once you get used to it. I can't say I am for or against the nerf on it because I completely forsook it once I hit SoS mode because of how much easier it made the game for me.

Everything else I would have to agree with besides the rage spin which is super easy to counter especially if you use the scythe spin attack. It is harder to parry it with rebelion but still easier than pulling off a demon evade. Again just my opinion.

I also don't quite understand this first part the OP mentioned: "Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)". Does this mean we will not be slowed when in the poison pools in the Virility factory?

DarkSlayer54

I can't say I like it.

The style decay is nice... though, they should have allowed the player to choose what kind of style they want (no decay, decay to S, decay to D, etc)... Personally, I would of had the most fun with the style decaying to D. With that, I'm sure I would barely ever get a SSS... but it would have been satisfying when I did.

I don't like the demon dodge damage nerf either... I like to play effectively, and the reason DMC1 stands as my favorite DMC game even now is that I can take out any enemy within seconds. Imo, the Demon Dodge should have been a trade-off between damage and style. For example, if it gave the player a 3x multiplier, it would reduce the style obtained by 3x.

what is change

I wonder if the Demon Evade nerf comes from those videos where people were doing stuff like DT-ing with DE Drive to kill some DMD bosses really fast. I wonder if they'll do something about the leaderboards because of that, you can kill Hunter in about 10 seconds that way, and it'll now be impossible to match those scores.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I really don't like the DD and probably parry dodge nerfs since that's going to change a lot of the style and combat dynamics. DD is SUPPOSED to be over charged. If they remove stacking, that's fine, I wasn't aware it stacked in the first place.

ReRave

smug jerk
...Yeah, can I opt out of some of these? I'm sorry if I LIKE Demon Dodge being an overshot boost that rewards you for having REALLY fine timing on dodging attacks at the right moment and getting style points for having awesome defesive parry and dodging skills.
Not flaming on you or anything, but demon dodge is **** easy on anyone. Don't know, what "skill" you are talking about.
I don't even consider myself to be pro, but seriously.

PC users have had this patch for a while. It's not a real nerf, its still uber powerful, just not as much as it used to be. We've been using this patch since like Feb 1st.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Not flaming on you or anything, but demon dodge is **** easy on anyone. Don't know, what "skill" you are talking about.
I don't even consider myself to be pro, but seriously.
No, it isn't easy. It isn't extremely hard either like Nero's perfect rev. The average person would not be able to consistently perform it.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
With Tyrants and the Butchers, yeah, timing's easy to get, but when you're being Zerged by about five or six Stygians or have a Ravager raging down on you, timing is a lot more fine tuned to get.

ReRave

smug jerk
With Tyrants and the Butchers, yeah, timing's easy to get, but when you're being Zerged by about five or six Stygians or have a Ravager raging down on you, timing is a lot more fine tuned to get.
Ah, I see.
I wasn't talking about being mobbed. I angel dodge with mobs, to clear them out with the Osiris-streak afterwards. Satisfying as **** to pop out of the rave and swoop right back in.
Kinda like going to a concert.

8BitHero

Scrub

Lord this is like an MMORPG patch update list, not an update for a console game. When did DmC become WoW?
Since Capcom is watching this game, we in the FGC call this DmC V.2013 edition.
Demon Dodge got nerfed
Angel Glide is +10 on block
When's Marvel?

I know of 3 ways to do the angel glide glitch so here's hoping they missed the other 2. The most recent flying glitch is the best too!

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Since Capcom is watching this game, we in the FGC call this DmC V.2013 edition.
Demon Dodge got nerfed
Angel Glide is +10 on block
When's Marvel?

I know of 3 ways to do the angel glide glitch so here's hoping they missed the other 2. The most recent flying glitch is the best too!
The one you used in your recent video? I was doing that for the past hour or so..so much fun. Super Dante!

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Thank god they nerfed demon dodge boost. It was REALLY annoying to see people abusing that boost and going "oh, look how this game sucks hurr durr".

The style decay like in DMC4 makes sense, the increased damage for enemies on the other hand is not that much of a deal, what we needed was more agressive enemies in harder difficulties, but you can't really fix that in a patch can you?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Thank god they nerfed demon dodge boost. It was REALLY annoying to see people abusing that boost and going "oh, look how this game sucks hurr durr".

The style decay like in DMC4 makes sense, the increased damage for enemies on the other hand is not that much of a deal, what we needed was more agressive enemies in harder difficulties, but you can't really fix that in a patch can you?
I THINK that it is doable. The enemies would most likely have a 'frequency of attack' parameter or something like that.

Top Bottom