• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unlockables, essentials and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaihedgie

Still a bit under construction...becuase the info is so big, I had to seperate it to two seperate posts...sorry

All Devil Arms

Rebellion - Dante's default tradmark demon broadsword that first appeared in DMC 2. At the beginning of DMC 3, its real power lies dormant, hence the locked binds on the hilt. There are released later after Mission 7.

Cereberus - The first Devil Arm that Dante receives from the guardians of the Temen-Ni-Gru. It is a three short sectioned staff embedded with the element of ice. It is a very fast weapon that can quickly rack up combo hits and stylish bonus due to it vertisality. Its most powerful attack is Glacier

Agni and Rudra - Twin brotherly schimitars possessing the element of fire and wind, respectively. Of all the guardians, these two will have more talkative time, seeming to be a comical version of the relationship between Dante and Vergil. These weapons can deal heavy damage but a little on the slow side. Its most powerful attack is Wildstorm

Nevan - The third Devil Arm that Dante receives. A scythe/electric guitar embedded with the element of lightning. While it is the slowest weapon, it also has the longest and widest range of all the Devil Arms. Its most powerful attack is Volume Up

Beowulf (Dante) - The final Devil Arm Dante gets. Rather than receive it outright from the devil's soul, he obtains it after Vergil apparently abandons it. It is second to Cereberus in speed and is the most powerful weapon the player can get. It possessed the element of light. Its most poweful attack is Real Impact

Yamato - Vergil's standard weapon. A tachi embedded with the element of darkness, it also has the shortest moveset of all Devil Arms, however, it is incredibly powerful. Its most powerful attack is Judgement Cut

Beowulf (Vergil) - When Vergil is equipped with this Devil Arm, he becomes a very formidable opponent. Though his moveset is slightly shorter than Dante's, he has more versitality and causes a lot of damage very quickly. Vergil and Dante both use a similar Killer Bee attack, however, Vergil has a more powerful attack called Starfall.

Force Edge & Yamato - While it is the most powerful weapon storyline and boss-wise, it is the weakest weapon in his arsenal, though it is very fast. Vergil uses these two weapons together in unison and also 'inherits' his brother's power Round Trip. Force Edge has attacks similar to Rebellion as well as having no elemental alignment. Whenever Round Trip is used, Yamato is replaced, so you are entitled to use that until the sword returns.

All Firearms

Ebony and Ivory - Dante's trademark twin pistols, and the faster weapons in the game, depending on how fast the player can press the Fire button. It can be upgraded to be made stronger

Shotgun - Acquired in Mission 3. The name says it all. The weapon has a widespread range to stop multiple advancing opponents. It can be upgraded to widen its spreadshot

Spiral - Can be acquired anytime before Mission 13. It is an Anti-Armor rifle that can be utilizied to pierce multiple targets. It can be upgraded to improve its range

Artemis - Acquired by doing all Three Trials. It is an odd weapon that fires off demon-powered shots and mostly used to cause damage to multiple targets at once. It can be upgraded to increase its number of lock-ons

Kalina Ann - Given to after defeating Lady in Mission 16. A rocket launcher with a retractable bayonet. It is the most powerful firearm in the game, though it is somwehat cumbersome. It can be upgraded to improve its reload time.

Summoned Swords - Only availible to Vergil and Vergil's only 'firearm'. While it doesn't have an instant hit ability like E & I, it does far more damage. It can be upgraded to improve its rate of fire and can be upgraded once more to use the DT consumptive techinque, Spiral Swords.

All Style

Trickster - One of the four starting Styles. Recommended for players who rely on evasive actions. Its experince and leveling up focuses on how quick the player can move in and out of battle

Swordmaster - The close ranged, offensive style and probably the most used one. It is directly tied to the Devil Arms you have equipped. Recommended for players who like to dish out opponents very stylishly and quickly. Its experince and leveling up focuses on how well the player can use the Devil Arms

Gunslinger - The long ranged, offensive style. It is directly tied to the firearms you use. Recommended for players who do things a little more safely. Its experince and leveling up focuses on how well a player can utilize any firearm to their maximum power

Royalguard - The most defensive and hardest style to master. The style allows you to guard against any attacks and effectively use that against them. A Royalguard master can and will block just about anything thrown at them. Its experince and leveling up focuses on how well the player's defenses are

Quicksilver - Acquired after defeating Geryon and absorbing his soul in Mission 12. This has only one Style actio called Time Lag, which slows down time while Dante moves at normal speed. While it is a very useful technique for both offensive and defensive measures, it also saps energy from your DT meter. Unlike the aforementioned styles, Quicksilver cannot be upgraded. When initiating Quicksilver, you'll be temporarily intangible for a moment

Doppelganger - Acquired after conquering your Devil Trigger shadow, Doppelganger in Mission 17. Doppelganger allows you to call forth your shadow for assistance, which will take the form of your Devil Trigger. While using Doppelganger, you will automatically DT. Like Quicksilver, it cannot be upgraded. In the Special Edition, the Doppelganger will always take the form of the Rebellion DT, regardless of the Devil Arm equipped.

Darkslayer - Availible only to Vergil and Vergil's only Style. It is a more agile version of the Trickster style. The style is all about teleporting and nothing more. Unlike the other styles, you get no stylish bonus for using it accordingly.

Now that we have the weapons and styles down, let's get to a bit deep into the advanced combat.

One of the important things to know about your Devil Arms are the elements. While Rebellion is a cool weapon, it has no alignment whatsoever. Certain elemental enemies are typically weak against one type of Devil Arm, more importantly, the bosses.

Beowulf > Doppelganger and Hell Vanguard and Nevan

Yamato > Beowulf

Agni and Rudra > Cereberus

Another very important to exploit utterly is a thing called Jump Canceling. Jump Canceling is when you jump of an opponent after attacking them with a midair attack. (with the exception of Helm Breaker)

For instance, suppose you are fighting a Hell Sloth. Hell Sloths have the most stamina and health and are your punching bags to practice on and are accompinied by Hell Greeds, which summon them in Very Hard mode to Dante/Vergil Must Die. For example, if I were to use Killer Bee/Starfall, I press the Jump button at the split second I make contact and then I attack once more with the same attack and repeat that process. Killer Bee/Starfall is definitely an attack you would love to spam because of its powerful knock back capablities. With Yamato, I can spam Aerial Slash, except this time, I have to press forward to keep up. The cool thing about Aerial Slash is that it is a two part attack. The first part is what you need to exploit since it also has a gliding ability. When I'm done, I just slash once more to finish the combo

Now another thing to exploit are the 'Charged' moves. Charged techinques are done by holding a button, but you already knew thatt. What they can do is make a great deal of destruction if used a lot. Vergil is most powerful with his charged moves. A very powerful combo I developed is as follows

Force Edge combo --> Spiral Swords --> Round Trip --> Blistering Swords or Sword Storm to Judgement Cut x3

It's a very effective combo, even against Vante (red Vergil) and it deals a lot of damage.

The casting be done anytime, it's doing the JC that's tricky. Practice doing just Judgment Cut alot until you find yourself doing it three times in a row all the time. And a little pointer I found out, though others did before me: whenever you use Yamato, let the sword click back in the sheath: it gives you extra stylish points and gives you more DT energy.

Also, while in DMD/VMD mode, exploit the use of Devil Trigger Explosion. This is done by holding down the DT button. The runes that turn red indicate how much power will be unleashed when the button is released. Buy the 7 Devil Star upgrades to reach full power, resulting in a very destructive explosion

Devil Trigger

Of course, I really love being in DT, as not only makes you cooler and a greater fighter, it comes with its own powers and they all come with their own aura color (excluding Sparda and Vergil) In case you forget which weapon you maybe using, look at the color

Rebellion - Red
Cereberus - Cyan
Agni and Rudra - Orange
Nevan - Lavender
Beowulf - White

Also, its more of a little thing, but by holding down the X button in midair while using Rebellion in DT, you can glide with your wings

Kaihedgie

Unlockables

Coatless Dante: The costume you start out with in the beginning of the game. The only difference is the absence of his coat

DMC 1 Dante: The costume that Dante wears in the first DMC game (hence the name) The bonus with this costume is that Rebellion is replaced with Force Edge and the Devil Trigger changes to that of Sparda

DMC 1 Coatless Dante: Same as above, but without the costume

Super Dante: The same as the Default costume with the sleeve cut off. The Devil Trigger is inifinte this time around. In the Special Edition, this is toned down as healing is not present while in DT and DT comsumptive abilities like Quicksilver and DT Explosion will take off DT energy like normally. You can only stay in DT for as long as you want

Legendary Dark Knight: The character that serves as a skin change for Dante. The model is that of Sparda in human form. The Devil Trigger appears initially as his shadow while in human form. Like DMC 1 Dante, LDK gets Force Edge and the Sparda Devil Trigger, but also wield Luce and Ombra.

Super Legendary Dark Knight (Special Edition only) : Unlockable only in Special Edition. This serves as the replacement for Super Dante. The healing properties of DT remain, and any DT consumptive tecniques do not affect your DT meter, thus, allowing you to use things like DT Explosion and Quicksilver freely. Unlocked by completing Bloody Palace

Default Vergil: The costume unlocked upon unlocking VERGIL mode and the starting costume of that mode. No special mods.

Coatless Vergil: The default costume, without the coat

Super Vergil: Acts accordingly exactly like Super Dante; DT form infinite upon transforming, but things like Spiral Swords and DT Explosion deplete the DT meter

Corrupted Vergil: Similar to the LDK costume, lacking the Sparda shadow, monocle and red has been changed to goldenrod. The Devil Trigger is that of Nelo Angelo as seen in DMC 1. While DTed, the movelist and weapons for Vergil also change completely. Another bonus is that Nelo Angelo is inpregnible against most attacks and has a higher regeneration capability

Super Corrupted Vergil: Acts accordingly exactly like Super LDK; DT form is absoultely infinite in sustainablility as things like Spiral Swords and DT Explosion do not affect the Devil Trigger meter. This is perhaps the equivilent of Invincibility. Unlocked by completion of Blood Palace.

I hope I have helped anyone with this. If ya have anymore questions, feel free to ask except that it should not include Blue Orbs because I have not obtained them all yet

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Corrupted Vergil.................just like to say "Nelo Angelo" costume

its too info that i know all about

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Let's call him "corrupted". It's easier to remember than "possessed by Mundus"

And btw, Force Edge makes effect on Fallen and Beowulf. It is because FE is used with Yamato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom