• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ultimate Final Fantasy Debate!

Who's Name is Worse?

• Snow

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hope

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cloud

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Meg

Who's name is worse? What, were you expecting a more serious topic? Nope, not here!

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Other.And the one is,[drum roll],Butz Klauzer.Yup.The hero of FFV.Imagine that when the guys were locallizing it they changed his name from Butz[pronounced like buts] to Bartz and his hometown from Lix[pronounced licks] to Ricks.I don't need to say why...

But both versions...wost name...unless you count Twem Lednar.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ Buts Klauzer from Lix, surely that's no coincidence, Butz Lix? I wonder how many people made that joke. :lol:

---

Anyway, whilst I'm at it, let's go for a fan favourite amongst my friends, Wakka. The common joke is: "Final Fantasy X, it's like Pac Man...With added Wakka."

Meg

Darn it! I wish I put more thought into the poll. Oh well. I think I might go with the Warrior of Light since its not really a name unless:

Doctor: Its a boy, Mrs. Light! What would you like to name him

Mrs. Light: Warrior

Doctor...ok? Middle name?

Mrs. Light: Of

Meg

Sparda™;217277 said:
Snow and Hope are at least actual names, but Cloud? :huh:

Cloud has had me puzzled for years. Snow and Hope, yeah they're names but for guys? I don't get all these weather names. At least Lightning sounds epic, but Cloud...

Meg

How is snow, cloud and lightning fantasy? I'm not a genius, but I'm pretty sure we have that in reality to. :p And if its fantasy shouldn't the names be more creative, like Butz?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Necrophobe.

For those uninitiated, he's the boss that kills Gilgamesh in FFV. His name means he's afraid of corpses! What a wimp!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Well...people are named Hope in real life. I'm not going to go with other in this thread, because I've only played FFVII, FFVIII, and XIII...the only way I would go with other is if we brought up Squall...but meh. Personally, out of those names, Cloud is the strangest. I mean, it's fitting for his character, but it's just a weird name in the first place XD.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
DreadnoughtDT;217307 said:
Necrophobe.

For those uninitiated, he's the boss that kills Gilgamesh in FFV. His name means he's afraid of corpses! What a wimp!

Not only corpses but the dead in a more general meaning,as in not only the corpses but the "ghosts"[yes,the ancients believed that in Hades the mortals had some transparent form] too.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;217307 said:
Necrophobe.

GAWWD! No, he couldn't possibly kill Gilgamesh?! Gilgamesh just teleported away, he must've! Gilgamesh can't die!
And thanks for the spoiler... :(

Necrophobe is also a specter in FFXII.

Okay, I'll say these name is just strange:
Ramza
Delita
I hate those names!

Who mocks Butz/Bartz Klauser from Lix?! He's the "somebody give this guy a sandwich" guy! Never had a problem with his name, but I've had problems with Squall, Quina, Ramza, Delita, Guy, Xande and Cloud of Darkness (who has that as a name?).

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Cloud of Darkness isn't a name,it's a "title" or rather a "species" name[yeah even if it/"she" is one of her kind] to describe what it/"she" is.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, since she has no name. Her title or whatever it is replaces that empty spot. That is her name until she gets one. :D
Warrior of Light, it's the same for him, but for me his name was Argus.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^The onion knights and the warriors of light have names,but they are suppossed to be the hero's[the one who controls them].And for CoD...I don't think the world's evil condensed in a cloud that takes a humanoid form will ever have a name...

aka958

Don't trust people
That's why she has the title as Cloud of Darkness. Thus it being the only thing being close to a name, it is her name.

The onion knights didn't have names, nor did Warrior of Light.
In FFIII DS the onion knights do get name but it changed the story to, making the onion knight class impossible to get if you didn't have nearby friends instead of it's usual standard class.
You only where to choose names for them, but they never had an original name, like Tidus for example.
It even shows that WoL (Warrior of Light) doesn't even know his name in Dissidia. And noone mentions Onion Knight's name either, they were only using "you" when talking to him.

aka958

Don't trust people
Wakka, double K, Rikku, double K. Both in the same game.
Lulu, Lu twice.

But Wakka ain't all that bad of a name.

Top Bottom